Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
48,661 - 48,680 of 112,888 Comments Last updated 14 min ago

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
A discussion where you decide what constitutes meaningful?
LOL
For some reason, nothing you have said thus far has been a challenge.
You can no more prove that man evolved from apes than I can prove that God put Man here.
So you go on and believe what you want and I'll do the same.
I don't need your permission or welcome to post my beliefs or opinions.
You are always free to disagree or to ignore my posts.
"Stuff's gettin better"
No Starky, a discussion based upon science, logic and evidence. If either side uses poor resources, bad logic, or shoddy evidence it should be pointed out by the other side.

I know, it is a very difficult task for creationists to take on. Most eventually admit that they are believing merely because they want to believe, not because there is any evidence supporting their side.

Also to be fair you need to state your beliefs and why you believe them. No one on our side is afraid to state what we believe. You make yourself look weak if you are not willing to admit what you believe in.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This the same God that can't even find Adam in the Garden of Eden?
The argument for free will is refuted by an all knowing god. That is an old argument. Do you have anything new and interesting?
Again, a conversation where you decide what is new and interesting?
LOL
Yawn!
You seem to be your own problem.
God didn't create man in his image, He created Adam in his image.
Try chewing on that for just a bit.
LOL

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong!
Religion has nothing to do with Creation and evolution has nothing to do with truth.
Then post some evidence that backs up your position. We are not afraid to back up our beliefs.

In a debate if one side supplies evidence and the other side supplies nothing the side that supplies nothing loses.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
creation is a religious view, so it is about religion. Non religious people do not hold creationist views.
Wrong!
Religions have adopted the Creation view.
The Creation view has been around ,well, since Creation.
Religion came much later. LOL
Patriot

Loveland, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that interesting.
---

It will be...

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

BuzzinFr0g wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I'm the only one not getting this but this seems like obfuscation. Clearly we don't know what our future actions will be. So the deity knows the result before the action? I fail to see how this is any different than knowing what an individual's actions will be. The deity is supposed to be timeless, yes? Is the future a barrier to the deity or can he transcend it? If he knows all that was and all that will be then it certainly is predestination. It he only knows outcomes and doesn't/can't backtrace them to determine actions then he lacks true omniscience.
You seem to make up your own interpretations of what others say as you go along.
Its like a law with a predetermined outcome depending on whether you follow that law, or break that law.
If you break that law, the law maker knows what will happen to you. You get to decide whether or not to break it.
You don't get to change the outcome if you do.
Free will?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong!
Religion has nothing to do with Creation and evolution has nothing to do with truth.

Religion is the foundation of creationism. Data is the foundation of evolution.

Evolution is founded upon the scientific method. It has been observed, tested, replicated,....

You need details?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you see anger that does not exist?
Paranoia?
Just asking.

20+ years working in the mental health field.

The anger is there. It is interesting, but not surprising, that you do not see it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong!
No, creation stories did not appear until sometime after people developed speech.

There is a fairly wide variance in creation myths, especially when you compare all of the numerous New World versions that were not lost. When religions are defeated or consolidated creation myths are lost. That had not happened in the New World yet.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, a conversation where you decide what is new and interesting?
LOL
Yawn!
You seem to be your own problem.
God didn't create man in his image, He created Adam in his image.
Try chewing on that for just a bit.
LOL

He actually created Adam and Lilith in their (plural) image (whatever that means).

Eve was a replacement player.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong!

Wrong!

You like making things up. LOL

The creation views of different religions,..... differ. LOL

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
---
It will be...

It was interesting when it happened in the later half of the first century c.e.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No Starky, a discussion based upon science, logic and evidence. If either side uses poor resources, bad logic, or shoddy evidence it should be pointed out by the other side.
I know, it is a very difficult task for creationists to take on. Most eventually admit that they are believing merely because they want to believe, not because there is any evidence supporting their side.
Also to be fair you need to state your beliefs and why you believe them. No one on our side is afraid to state what we believe. You make yourself look weak if you are not willing to admit what you believe in.
There has been no evidence produced.
No missing link.
Nothing.
To be fair, I have already stated my beliefs but you're looking for a specific religion to attack.
LOL
Faith is not a religion.
Evolution is a religion.
One is an action word (Faith)
One is a belief (Darwinism)

There is more proof of biblical events and actual people named in the Bible than there is of a fossilized missing link.
What you fail to understand is that God is the authority on all science. He is the ultimate scientist.
The only evolution came right after he put everything in motion.
Now, whether he used the exact words "Let there be light" or whether he said Hey everybody, check out this big bang I'm about to create, We may never know.
BuzzinFr0g

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to make up your own interpretations of what others say as you go along.
Its like a law with a predetermined outcome depending on whether you follow that law, or break that law.
If you break that law, the law maker knows what will happen to you. You get to decide whether or not to break it.
Free will?
I see. So God doesn't know the future, he's only got a checklist of all possible outcomes to all possible scenarios. That isn't omniscience. It's an incredibly easy claim to make.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Free will?

You just contradicted yourself.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
No missing link.
Nothing.
To be fair, I have already stated my beliefs but you're looking for a specific religion to attack.
LOL
Faith is not a religion.
Evolution is a religion.
There is more proof of biblical events and actual people named in the Bible than there is of a fossilized missing link.
What you fail to understand is that God is the authority on all science. He is the ultimate scientist.
Now, whether he used the exact words "Let there be light" or whether he said Hey everybody, check out this big bang I'm about to create, We may never know.
Wrong. There has been tons of evidence. Your problem is that you do not know how to judge evidence properly.

First off "missing link" is a false term used by creationists. We have found over 20 fossil steps between modern man and the ancestor that broke off of the line that ended up with chimpanzees. Any one of those could be called a "missing link".

Faith is a part of religion. Religions are faith based. Evolution is not a religion it is based upon logic, science and evidence. Let's hear of some of your "biblical proof".

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>

We know you have no evidence. You have perfectly evidenced your lack of evidence.
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text> No missing link.

What missing link? We have 24 of them.
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is not a religion.
Evolution is a religion.

The rest of this is just ignorance combined with steeped beliefs. Is this your attempt at engaging in rational conversation? It is better, but try talking with us instead of at us.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
20+ years working in the mental health field.
The anger is there. It is interesting, but not surprising, that you do not see it.
Let me guess, Psychology? LOL
I've probably forgotten more of that junk science than you've learned.
If you see anger in my posts, its all in your mind.
Get it?
"In your mind"

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
He actually created Adam and Lilith in their (plural) image (whatever that means).
Eve was a replacement player.
More (Ancient aliens) History channel?
LOL

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You just contradicted yourself.
Not!

You just didn't comprehend.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••