Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 208)

Showing posts 4,141 - 4,160 of106,058
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Level 7

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta be a Poe.
C'mon, fess up.
NOBODY could be this stupid and be able to type.
I am not the one unable to scientifically answer this very obvious problem with evolution.

So my conclusion then is evolution has to be as fake as vampires, werewolves, zombies and probing aliens.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Kittens I love...vampire bat crossed with kittens even better. Oh...another thing evolution has failed to produce. So another proof against evolution.
You are not suited for fundamentalism. You should switch to macramé or tropical fish before it's too late.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I am very serious..."undeadly" serious as it were.
Why can't you answer the obvious hole found with the proof of evolution?
What obvious hole? All you've presented is gibberish.

Level 7

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
What obvious hole? All you've presented is gibberish.
I have been presented reasons why evolution cannot possibly be true and you and others have yet to give me any scientific reason why my conclusions are wrong.

Level 7

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not suited for fundamentalism. You should switch to macramé or tropical fish before it's too late.
How do you mean? I am not a fundamentalist. I am just your normal average Templar Knight putting forth theories that people that are I assume smarter than me are not able to answer.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been presented reasons why evolution cannot possibly be true and you and others have yet to give me any scientific reason why my conclusions are wrong.
You've presented nonsense and are apparently incapable of realizing it.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you mean? I am not a fundamentalist. I am just your normal average Templar Knight putting forth theories that people that are I assume smarter than me are not able to answer.
No, what your doing is analogous to running around in a school classroom with your soiled underwear on your head and yelling at the top of your voice "I'm a smelly fish! I'm a smelly fish!".

Your thoughts(?) about vampires, werewolves, zombies and such are a clear indication that you have no damn idea what you're talking about as it pertains to the ACTUAL Theory of Evolution.

“I am evolving as fast as I can”

Since: Jan 08

Brooklyn, in Dayton OH now

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
No you have not presented anything suggesting evolution is wrong. You have made a fairly significant error in logic. A negative, such as a lack of vampires, cannot be used to support a positive statement, such as - therefore evolution is not true.

If you seriously wish to attempt this discussion then you have to offer evidnece as to why vampires should exist if evolution were to be true. Only when you have supported your first contention can you possible claim that the lack of vampires is evidence that evolution is not true.

Your argument has been called a strawman. I also suggest in additioin to researching your current subject, you look up what a strawman argument is -- and you might see why your argument fails to hold any water -- holy or otherwise. Care to give it a go?

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

edit..."you're"

Level 7

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You've presented nonsense and are apparently incapable of realizing it.
Actually I have presented logical scientific ideas and you are incapable of answering them.

Now come on...vampires, werewolves and zombies. If evolution were true then obviously and logically these three would HAVE TO exist.

Level 7

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
No you have not presented anything suggesting evolution is wrong. You have made a fairly significant error in logic. A negative, such as a lack of vampires, cannot be used to support a positive statement, such as - therefore evolution is not true.
If you seriously wish to attempt this discussion then you have to offer evidnece as to why vampires should exist if evolution were to be true. Only when you have supported your first contention can you possible claim that the lack of vampires is evidence that evolution is not true.
Your argument has been called a strawman. I also suggest in additioin to researching your current subject, you look up what a strawman argument is -- and you might see why your argument fails to hold any water -- holy or otherwise. Care to give it a go?
Two things: I will present evidence why vampires, werewolves and zombies HAVE TO exist in order for evolution to be real.

And you use the same logic by arguing a negative concerning creation. By saying there is a lack of whatever you say there is a lack of concerning creation.

Level 7

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what your doing is analogous to running around in a school classroom with your soiled underwear on your head and yelling at the top of your voice "I'm a smelly fish! I'm a smelly fish!".
Your thoughts(?) about vampires, werewolves, zombies and such are a clear indication that you have no damn idea what you're talking about as it pertains to the ACTUAL Theory of Evolution.
Evolution is the basis of how some scientists assume that the world around us and even how the universe became the way it is. A theory of origins. Whether the universe or human origins etc.

And going with that theory evolution is said to have developed by random chance by keeping what works and dealing with problems over millions of years.

Now, wouldn't you think that evolution would have evolved something that would solve the problems of death?

I put forth that after millions of years if evolution has not randomly found a way to evolve any of us into vampires, werewolves and zombies to counteract death then evolution is just as much fictional as these creatures.

“Church of Latter Day Heathens”

Since: Feb 09

Austin, Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I have presented logical scientific ideas and you are incapable of answering them.
Now come on...vampires, werewolves and zombies. If evolution were true then obviously and logically these three would HAVE TO exist.
By this "logic" and I use that word loosley. We should also have a Santa Clause, elves, lepracans, faries, 3 eyed toads, birds that eat dirt... make up anything.

Since you seem to know so much about evolution please expain to us why or why not does ERV's in DNA prove or disprove evolution.

BTW: Your post are among the most ignorant I have ever seen on the internet. You are either a POE or have absolutly NO idea what evoloution is. For you sake I hope you are a POE, otherwise you need to seek professional help.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm surprised you can even spell the word 'logic'. What you said was this:
Knightmare wrote:
Basically if you say evolution is true, vampires, werewolves and zombies MUST exist.
That isn't a theory. It isn't even a hypothesis. It is plain batshittery. You provide no evidence why vampires, werewolves or zombies should exist, it's just something you pulled out of your ass.

Go back to watching the Cartoon Network, OK?

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is the basis of how some scientists assume that the world around us and even how the universe became the way it is. A theory of origins. Whether the universe or human origins etc.
Wrong!
Knightmare wrote:
And going with that theory evolution is said to have developed by random chance by keeping what works and dealing with problems over millions of years.
Also wrong!
Knightmare wrote:
Now, wouldn't you think that evolution would have evolved something that would solve the problems of death?
No.
Knightmare wrote:
I put forth that after millions of years if evolution has not randomly found a way to evolve any of us into vampires, werewolves and zombies to counteract death then evolution is just as much fictional as these creatures.
You put forth? You put forth? I put forth that your an idiot.

“Church of Latter Day Heathens”

Since: Feb 09

Austin, Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, then explain using evolution knowledge and techniques why they obviously have to exist. Just because you say they have to is no argument.

I can say for you to exist your mother had to be a donkey and your dad a hummingbird. That logic is just as valid as what you have been saying.

Still think you are a POE. No one can be this ignorant in evolution.
Har-court

Marrero, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

This discussion is such a waste of time, creationism is something you accept by faith and believe, evolution is something you can actually see in fossils.

The Christians out to be happy that the mystery of the zombie alligators in FLA was resolved, come to find out the brain neurons were affected by nutrition same as the brain of the Christians fed with a bunch of BS.

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.

Just.....wow.

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

Looks like we are going to get a new east coastline.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,141 - 4,160 of106,058
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••