Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201573 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Beijing, China

#37459 Aug 11, 2012
HTS wrote:
I'm telling you that arguments of imperfections of nature are founded on a philosophical rejection of God.
I can't speak for Dude, but I thought you were challenging us to refute Intelligent Design.
The only way I know to refute Intelligent Design is through "arguments of imperfections of nature."
So I'm afraid you got us!

“Wrath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#37460 Aug 11, 2012
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's actually quite the opposite, and always has been.
But you are welcome to do what no scientists had yet done ... show us conclusive evidence.:)

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#37461 Aug 11, 2012
Yankee Yahoo, fossils are no longer needed to "prove" evolution. And please don't lie about a creationist when your posts are full of cretinist nonsense claim. Here is a clue for you so that you don't give yourself away next time. Science does not have to and in fact cannot "prove" anything. Proofs are for math. Science develops theories and tests them. They start with hypotheses and build up from their. When a new idea is presented a huge number of scientists will try to shoot it down. If they fail others join in. If the idea is "correct" that is if it does not get disproved, and you can disprove a theory, it is eventually accepted. Evolution has been tested for over 150 years and it has not failed a test. Creationism has, and so has ID. You will notice there is no such thing as a theory of ID. Too often when an IDiot come up with something that is "irreducibly complex" it has usually been explained by the timethey get their idea out there. IDiots trail the scientific curve of discovery, they are never surfing the forefront.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#37462 Aug 11, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pJOOo9C0dYEXX
Wow, they found two more gaps to fill!

Sorry, to much exposure to Creatards and IDiots today.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#37463 Aug 11, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pJOOo9C0dYEXX
Let me guess, you believe this interpretation of the data to be conclusive?

;)

“Wrath”

Level 8

Is revenant

#37464 Aug 11, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, they found two more gaps to fill!
Sorry, to much exposure to Creatards and IDiots today.
LOL But these are clearly evidence of the evolution of species becoming more human. That trend continues as they became more and more human, until well.... we start looking back at our history, and
discussing it on internet forums and such.

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#37465 Aug 11, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful, you'll have Skippy the 'Skeptic' foaming at the mouth.
My concern over what that lunatic thinks and $2 gets me on the subway.

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#37466 Aug 11, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
I've presented mountains of evidence against evolution,
When is your Nobel Prize ceremony? I think I have enough frequent flier miles to get to Stockholm.

I will also be sure to update my journal subscriptions so I can see your published articles on the subject.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#37467 Aug 11, 2012
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
;)
Pretty much. Unless you have a better theory science tends to stick with the theory that has evidence supporting it. What do you believe happened and what is your evidence that supports your belief.

“Wrath”

Level 8

Is revenant

#37468 Aug 11, 2012
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
;)
Yes it is , but it is only one piece of evidence. There are many many more, like in the tens of thousands of little bits of evidence.
I'm sorry you feel the need to deny the truth. But you wont change the truth. I'm afraid it's the truth though sorry I didn't like it either. But after all .... all we really want is to know the truth.
The truth is we evolved from a more primitive being , but we still had the same things in mind. To live and love , I'm sure life was much harder for our distant relatives though.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#37469 Aug 11, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> LOL But these are clearly evidence of the evolution of species becoming more human. That trend continues as they became more and more human, until well.... we start looking back at our history, and
discussing it on internet forums and such.
I don't think you would convince some creationists unless you could dig up everybody before their own grandfathers.

“Wrath”

Level 8

Is revenant

#37470 Aug 11, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you would convince some creationists unless you could dig up everybody before their own grandfathers.
The thing I find most interesting lately is that some cave paintings in Spain are now thought to be over 40,000 years old , and could be the work of neandertal. But even more interesting is the shape and their build and that they went underground during the period of extreme cold during the ice age. Let's see they were very short and stocky, they had red hair short necks with no noticeable waistline and presumably red beards and quite large noses.
Did I just describe a Dwarf ? Are Dwarves fabricated from our memory of the neandertal?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#37471 Aug 11, 2012
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's actually quite the opposite, and always has been.
But you are welcome to do what no scientists had yet done ... show us conclusive evidence.:)
We humans evolved from the great apes.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#37472 Aug 11, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
We humans still are great apes.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#37473 Aug 11, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much. Unless you have a better theory science tends to stick with the theory that has evidence supporting it. What do you believe happened and what is your evidence that supports your belief.
No one has a better theory, and the evidence does not SUPPORT anything. It is how we interpret the data, often biased by human delusions and misconceptions.

I don't know what happened. I don't care. I am not persuaded by any party in this matter. I just know the facts, and the fact remains is that evolution is just as much as a delusion as young-earth nonsense.

Like I said, all this has been a major setback to science. Try to think outside the box.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#37474 Aug 11, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is , but it is only one piece of evidence. There are many many more, like in the tens of thousands of little bits of evidence.
I'm sorry you feel the need to deny the truth. But you wont change the truth. I'm afraid it's the truth though sorry I didn't like it either. But after all .... all we really want is to know the truth.
The truth is we evolved from a more primitive being , but we still had the same things in mind. To live and love , I'm sure life was much harder for our distant relatives though.
I'm not denying any truths. There are none in this case to deny. The tens of thousands, or even tens of millions, of little bits of evidence is still subject to INTERPRETATION. The evidence does not support anyone in this case.

More primitive being? Primitive, my friend, is relative. I want to know the truth, too. But no one has it yet when to comes to the origin of life. The universe is a very mysterious place, and the more we learn, the more mysterious, and LARGER, it gets.
just_my_opinion

Reading, PA

#37475 Aug 11, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I can believe we evolved from a more primitive humanbeing but not the ape. I am not trying to disagree or agree with anyone's findings, just stating my opinion on the subject.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#37476 Aug 11, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
And when you have proof of that, let us all know about your profound findings.
Dr Rain

Stratford, Canada

#37477 Aug 11, 2012
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
No one has a better theory, and the evidence does not SUPPORT anything. It is how we interpret the data, often biased by human delusions and misconceptions.
I don't know what happened. I don't care. I am not persuaded by any party in this matter. I just know the facts, and the fact remains is that evolution is just as much as a delusion as young-earth nonsense.
Like I said, all this has been a major setback to science. Try to think outside the box.
And if i may ask..what are these facts you speak of? If they truly are facts i can assure you science has an answer for you.

I really hope you don't consider "magic" as fact.
just_my_opinion

Reading, PA

#37478 Aug 11, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
We humans still are great apes.
Yes SOME humans stills are APES in the way they behave in society, I totally agree with you here! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min One way or another 40,728
The conscious God or the inanimate nature 20 min Chazofsaints 42
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 50 min _Susan_ 16,193
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 2 hr ChristineM 222
Scientists create vast 3-D map of universe, val... 3 hr Chazofsaints 18
News Book aims to prove existence of God (Nov '09) Wed ChristineM 96
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) Wed scientia potentia... 151,419
More from around the web