One reason some Atheists arecomplete ...

One reason some Atheists arecomplete idiots.

Posted in the Evolution Debate Forum

First Prev
of 13
Next Last

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#1 Jul 28, 2014
I usually try to stay off here for a while when I spend a few days here but I had to share this. """and that is a strike" lol

Court Rules Against Radical Atheists Wanting Cross Removed from Ground Zero.

A federal court ruled against radical anti-God atheists on Monday, stating that the historic cross miraculously formed in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks can stay at Ground Zero.

The lawsuit was filed by an anti-God group known as “American Atheists,” which said in the suit:

“Many of American Atheists’ members have seen the cross, either in person or on television, and are being subjected to and injured in consequence of having a religious tradition not their own imposed upon them through the power of the state.”

“This bizarre legal challenge from an atheist group was exposed for what it was – a skewed legal challenge that had no merit,” said Jay Sekulow, Chief Counsel for the American Center for Law & Justice (ACLJ).

Sekulow said that,“This decision is a significant constitutional victory that protects the freedom to display religiously-themed artifacts of historical or artistic significance without running afoul of the Constitution.”

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/07/28/court-rules-ag...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#2 Jul 28, 2014
Now I agree that that was a rather frivolous lawsuit on the part of the atheists. But the story was highly prejudicial and got several facts wrong. First American Atheists is not an "anti-God" group. They are no more anti-God than a fundamentalist Christian group is anti-Santa Claus. Second the formation of the cross was hardly miraculous. The odds are pretty high that in a building made of girders that cross each other at right angles that a cross could be found in the wreckage.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#3 Jul 28, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
Now I agree that that was a rather frivolous lawsuit on the part of the atheists. But the story was highly prejudicial and got several facts wrong. First American Atheists is not an "anti-God" group. They are no more anti-God than a fundamentalist Christian group is anti-Santa Claus. Second the formation of the cross was hardly miraculous. The odds are pretty high that in a building made of girders that cross each other at right angles that a cross could be found in the wreckage.
They are not anti God huh? Try again.

Godless Americans PAC

In November 2005, the Godless Americans Political Committee (GAPAC), an American PAC, was formed by American Atheists to endorse political candidates who support the separation of church and state. Subsequently, atheists have become more outspoken about being an ignored voice in the United States.

The PAC does not want government to associate with religion in any way; it opposes Christmas being a federal holiday or any mention of God on currency or in the Pledge of Allegiance.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Atheist...

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#4 Jul 29, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:

About AMERICAN ATHEISTS(from their page)

Since 1963, American Atheists has been the premier organization fighting for the civil liberties of atheists and the total, absolute separation of government and religion. American Atheists was born out of a court case begun in 1959 by the Murray family which challenged prayer recitation in the public schools.

That case, Murray v. Curlett, was a landmark in American jurisprudence on behalf of our First Amendment rights. It began:

"Your petitioners are atheists, and they define their lifestyle as follows. An atheist loves himself and his fellow man instead of a god. An atheist accepts that heaven is something for which we should work now – here on earth – for all men together to enjoy. An atheist accepts that he can get no help through prayer, but that he must find in himself the inner conviction and strength to meet life, to grapple with it, to subdue it and to enjoy it. An atheist accepts that only in a knowledge of himself and a knowledge of his fellow man can he find the understanding that will help lead to a life of fulfillment."

Now in its 50th year, American Atheists is dedicated to working for the civil rights of atheists, promoting separation of state and church, and providing information about atheism. Over the last fifty years, American Atheists has:
•Fought fervently to defend the separation of religion from government
•Appeared in all forms of media to defend our positions and criticisms of religion and mythology
•Held atheist conventions and gatherings throughout the United States, including "Atheist Pride" marches in state capitals
•Demonstrated and picketed throughout the country on behalf of atheist rights and state/church separation
•Published hundreds of books about atheism, criticism of religion, and state/church separation
•Published newsletters, magazines, and member alerts
•Built a robust and diverse community of local affiliates, partners, and activists
•Fostered a growing network of representatives throughout the nation who monitor important First Amendment issues and work on behalf of the organization in their areas
•Grown a network of volunteers who perform a variety of important tasks in their community, from placing American Atheist books in libraries to writing letters and publicizing the atheist perspective
•Preserved atheist literature and history in the nation's largest archive of its kind. The library's holdings span over three hundred years of atheist thought.
•Provided speakers for colleges, universities, clubs, and the news media

Now what is the definition of atheists?-Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Most inclusively, atheism is the absence of belief that any deities exist.

But no they are not anti-God. That is funny sub.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#5 Jul 29, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Godless Americans PAC
In November 2005, the Godless Americans Political Committee (GAPAC), an American PAC, was formed by American Atheists to endorse political candidates who support the separation of church and state. Subsequently, atheists have become more outspoken about being an ignored voice in the United States.
The PAC does not want government to associate with religion in any way; it opposes Christmas being a federal holiday or any mention of God on currency or in the Pledge of Allegiance.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Atheist...
I see that you are still not too bright.

How can you be anti something that does not exist?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#6 Jul 29, 2014
And in reply to your second post. How is any of that "anit-Gpd"?

Are you anti-Zeus? Or anti-Apollo?

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#7 Jul 29, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
And in reply to your second post. How is any of that "anit-Gpd"?
Are you anti-Zeus? Or anti-Apollo?
why do you always have to be so foolish?

anti - against or opposed to something or someone
-against- in opposition to
-opposed- against somebody or something: disagreeing with or taking an active stance against somebody or something

Atheists are opposed/against a/any deity. God being a deity. Being opposed/against is ANTI!.

Yes I am anti-Zeus and anti-Apollo for I do not think they ever existed.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#8 Jul 29, 2014
The way I read it is the "American Atheists" group(s) you portray are NOT seeking to deny you or anyone their right to worship God (or whomever) in your own way, but instead want to remove religion from our government.

No mention was made for their demands to close churches, ban the Bible, or restrict your ability to express your faith outside of government-related activities.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#9 Jul 29, 2014
And one reason most fundies are idiots (one of many) is that they keep posting their BS in the wrong forum.
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#10 Jul 29, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
The way I read it is the "American Atheists" group(s) you portray are NOT seeking to deny you or anyone their right to worship God (or whomever) in your own way, but instead want to remove religion from our government.
No mention was made for their demands to close churches, ban the Bible, or restrict your ability to express your faith outside of government-related activities.
These people are dunces who want the government to have more control of our every day lives. They don't want religion anywhere the government has regulations and control, and that is expanding every day.

Orlando

#11 Jul 29, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>These people are dunces who want the government to have more control of our every day lives. They don't want religion anywhere the government has regulations and control, and that is expanding every day.
So let me understand you more clearly... You want MORE religion in government? A theocracy, perhaps?
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#12 Jul 29, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me understand you more clearly... You want MORE religion in government? A theocracy, perhaps?
No, I would like to see less government preventing the free exercise of religion. A government by the people should serve and not dictate so much.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#13 Jul 29, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
A Christian theocracy.

I believe there is one Christian theocracy but it's Catholic and odds are Loner hates Catholics so he can't move there.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#14 Jul 29, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
And what Mikey doesn't realise is that's the OPPOSITE of what he's arguing. To instill a single religion into government policies is to put MORE government control over the people. While to maintain a secular government which allows for freedom of, and freedom from religion for ALL its peoples is a good way of PREVENTING the government control how you choose to worship - or not worship.

It's not that he doesn't want government control. He WANTS them to have that power. But with HIS particular religion in charge of things at the helm.

Orlando

#15 Jul 29, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>No, I would like to see less government preventing the free exercise of religion. A government by the people should serve and not dictate so much.
How is our current government restricting you from your full, PRIVATE expression of faith?
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#16 Jul 29, 2014
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
A Christian theocracy.
I believe there is one Christian theocracy but it's Catholic and odds are Loner hates Catholics so he can't move there.
No, I do not hate Catholics. I don't want to move anywhere, and I believe peoples persuit of happiness many times is closely associated with their religious beliefs as well.
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#17 Jul 29, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
How is our current government restricting you from your full, PRIVATE expression of faith?
Our current government if fully behind Evolution as the only good scientific explanation for life on Earth and they are promoting and establishing it through the educational system, while preventing the free exorcise of religion in any government funded or regulated place.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#19 Jul 29, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>No, I would like to see less government preventing the free exercise of religion. A government by the people should serve and not dictate so much.
Man I'm tied of being right.

Problem is that your definition of free exercise of religion means suppressing all other religious views in favour of your own. Which is WHY you and yours push for creationism in public schools in the first place.
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#20 Jul 29, 2014
The free exercise of religion should not be prevented by government.

Orlando

#21 Jul 29, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
The free exercise of religion should not be prevented by government.
Please provide an example of your personal right to worship as you please being restricted by the gobernment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 35 min Eagle 12 - 1,419
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr u196533dm 32,462
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 6 hr Genesis Enigma 163,074
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 hr Aura Mytha 222,270
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) Mon Dogen 78,757
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! Aug 19 Science 814
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web