Senapathy's idea of the Independent B...

Senapathy's idea of the Independent Birth of Organisms

Posted in the Evolution Debate Forum

Rene Chang

London, UK

#1 Aug 23, 2012
I have subscribed to Darwinism until I came across the ideas of Senapathy. I wondered then and now whether if Darwin was a prisoner of the thinking of his days, as we all are, of a single Deity or God.
However, If Senapathy is a atheist and molecular biologist and is not a creationist as is said by some of his critics, then why a single primordial pond? I am not an evolutionary biologist and so cannot argue with ‘facts’, but I am well versed with the concept of a scientific paradigm. I do not oppose Senapathy’s ideas as I would consider myself an evolutionary skeptic. Another problem idea I have are the echoes of Eugenics with the concept of ‘Natural Selection’ and how it had the support of luminaries such as Fisher, and Churchill. I also know that to change a current paradigm requires very strong ideas, and evidence. I am not certain that Senapathy has supplied both. It also contrasts with the way “The Origin of Species” sold out and went into reprint so quickly. Was there a hunger for new ideas in those days? Can more knowledgeable people please enlighten me?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2 Aug 23, 2012
No problem, Shadow. You're both still cranks.

Bye then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 17 min DanFromSmithville 168,929
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 6 hr Paul Porter1 141,831
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 8 hr Brian_G 6,217
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 hr ChristineM 19,788
has science finally debunked the 'god' myth? Fri Paul Porter1 13
How can we prove God exists, or does not? Jul 2 Paul Porter1 197
How would creationists explain... (Nov '14) Jul 2 Paul Porter1 561
More from around the web