#13479 Aug 3, 2013
Last 20....ya'll be good.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#13480 Aug 3, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
Thanks a million to Princess Sue and Susan for the prime & tasty props..you gals are great, and I'm honored to accept them.
By the way, my wife's name is Sue.
Will quit bothering ya'll and commence to suck up points.
Here's 20
Good afternoon, word. You have an excellent day today, will ya?

Level 9

Location hidden

#13481 Aug 3, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
Thanaks Trish, Susan, Ooogah and Word for the wonderful props.
Good afternoon to you too, DFS! Here's hoping that the rest of your day goes well!

Level 9

Location hidden

#13482 Aug 3, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Wow, what a complete waste of time.
You're absolutely correct! The nerve of any poster to post on this thread, solely intended to not disturb, you "serious" Evo posters, who have no interest in playing the silly Topix game! Aw... I apologize, on everyone's behalf, for posting on this thread! LOL

Level 9

Location hidden

#13483 Aug 3, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
Good morning Chili, Dan, Word, everyone.
Good afternoon, Susan, and thanks for the recent props! I need no more props today and you have a great day today too.

“I'm Susan's Troll”

Level 8

Since: Feb 10

Susanville

#13484 Aug 3, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon, Susan, and thanks for the recent props! I need no more props today and you have a great day today too.
LOL Chili and you're very welcome.

“What can I do to get the Topix”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

cops upset?

#13500 Aug 4, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very welcome Dan.:)
it's obvious that those taking the time to give out negative judge its on this kind of neutral thread have no life and/or are just angry people. So sad.
I agree. It does speak of some level of anger and perhaps frustration. It seems to me that such people possess a certain level of a controlling nature and like to set in judgment of others. That these feelings may rest on the foundation of a life that is incomplete seems to be a fair conclusion.

Level 9

cops upset?

#13501 Aug 4, 2013
I hope everybody is doing well and enjoying the weekend.

Thanks for the props Susan and word.

Level 9

cops upset?

#13502 Aug 4, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon to you too, DFS! Here's hoping that the rest of your day goes well!
Yesterday was very fun and today is looking good so far.

I hope you are enjoying the weekend as well.

Level 9

Location hidden

#13503 Aug 4, 2013
Susans Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Chili and you're very welcome.
Thanks for the very recent props, Susan, good afternoon and you have a great day today!

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#13504 Aug 4, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. It does speak of some level of anger and perhaps frustration. It seems to me that such people possess a certain level of a controlling nature and like to set in judgment of others. That these feelings may rest on the foundation of a life that is incomplete seems to be a fair conclusion.
Well said Dan. I've found to be true, generally speaking, all over Topix.

I can only imagine that kind of behavior IRL. Hahahahaha. Nano saunters up to me - a complete stranger - and informs me that my shopping habits are not to her liking and I must change them because SHE says so.

Or another Topix poster sees me in the library - again I'm a complete stranger - and starts insulting my looks, weight, intelligence, parentage - all the things that happen on Topix regularly. It's absurd to even think it would happen, unless said individual was mentally deranged.

I had a poster - one who admits she has small children - call me a POS apropos of my saying hello to someone she didn't like. Is she teaching her children that "admirable" behavior. lol

Is it really possible that there are THAT many people who have terrible personal lives?

How are you Dan?

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#13505 Aug 4, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the very recent props, Susan, good afternoon and you have a great day today!
You as well Chili.

:)

I've moved to Offbeat, btw.

Level 9

Location hidden

#13506 Aug 4, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. It does speak of some level of anger and perhaps frustration. It seems to me that such people possess a certain level of a controlling nature and like to set in judgment of others. That these feelings may rest on the foundation of a life that is incomplete seems to be a fair conclusion.
I can say I've had very little interest in judgeits since I figured out, early on, they could be manipulated. Those silent, spineless non-posters who choose to judge others have always made me laugh.

That they take the time to follow any other poster around here, not posting, but furiously judging others, is hilarious. They obviously have far more spare time on their hands than I do.:)

Level 9

cops upset?

#13507 Aug 4, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said Dan. I've found to be true, generally speaking, all over Topix.
I can only imagine that kind of behavior IRL. Hahahahaha. Nano saunters up to me - a complete stranger - and informs me that my shopping habits are not to her liking and I must change them because SHE says so.
Or another Topix poster sees me in the library - again I'm a complete stranger - and starts insulting my looks, weight, intelligence, parentage - all the things that happen on Topix regularly. It's absurd to even think it would happen, unless said individual was mentally deranged.
I had a poster - one who admits she has small children - call me a POS apropos of my saying hello to someone she didn't like. Is she teaching her children that "admirable" behavior. lol
Is it really possible that there are THAT many people who have terrible personal lives?
How are you Dan?
I am doing well.

I think it is little character glitches that are too easily expressed on an anonymous forum. Nano's post probably fits in there. If you are cranky at a particular moment, it is easier to make a cranky post. I do that. Not always at my best. But either of these seems normal. I don't think most of them have any more serious problems in their lives than I do. It is those that are persistent offenders for whom these flaws represent the bulk of their views that I find truly disturbing.

For instance, there is my stalker. He claims to abhor bullies and can't abide watching someone beat up on another person. This is just an excuse to allow him to attack others and feel justified and comfortable with his atrocious actions. The facts that really describe what he is up to are in his actions and posts. He approaches the extreme in going to the trouble to track other posters activities and make multiple registered and unregistered personas to fool others and support his own twisted views. In his case, he has made actual threats to other posters. One of them was an 80 year old, retired engineer I know.

These are the posters that fit the description you provide about being "mentally deranged." There seems to be more than I would have guessed prowling around Topix. Dogen says that most of them are deluded and Topix doesn't have the feedback mechanisms that exist in real life and to some extent fosters these delusions further. It seems so. As long as it is confined to Topix, it isn't really a big deal. Such abuse has no real impact on who I am.

Attacking a sarcastic, blunt, and sometimes vulgar character like me isn't unusual or even uncalled for. However, your posts, even when in opposition to another view, are intelligent and even tempered. I think it is more telling that you suffer abuse and that such abuse is indicative of the quality of person originating it.

Besides, IRL, mere mortals like me would be blinded from the purity of your very presence and I don't aspire to think that you would need to engage in mundane activities like shopping.

I guess this brief digression has skewed this thread from neutrality a little.

Level 9

cops upset?

#13508 Aug 4, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
I can say I've had very little interest in judgeits since I figured out, early on, they could be manipulated. Those silent, spineless non-posters who choose to judge others have always made me laugh.
That they take the time to follow any other poster around here, not posting, but furiously judging others, is hilarious. They obviously have far more spare time on their hands than I do.:)
I notice that almost every time my stalker shows up the judgeits start rolling. He is always eager to mention it to make sure we didn't miss anything. I admit I have played with them, just to get his goat, but even that has played out.

Occasionally if I agree with a post and have nothing to add, I will use the judgeits. Also in the negative, but for the most part, I too have lost interest in using them. If I really like what someone posts, I will prop them and they can see who did it.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Kalispell Montana

#13509 Aug 4, 2013
Many thanks to DFS, Susan Grace, and Susan Isabelle for the fine looking props they graciously gifted me with.

I'll be gatherin' some points here, so watch your step.

Thankz.....

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Kalispell Montana

#13510 Aug 4, 2013
More, more, more

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min dirtclod 142,725
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 39 min ChristineM 14,673
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 42 min ChromiuMan 960
Why natural selection can't work 1 hr Chimney1 28
Why Are There No Transitional Animals Today? (Mar '09) 1 hr dirtclod 801
Last ditch bid to ban creationism in Scottish c... 20 hr paul porter 3
Stephen King: Universe 'Suggests Intelligent De... (May '13) Wed Kong_ 455
More from around the web