A Trojan Horse for Creationism

Mar 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

I watched in shock the summer before my sophomore year of high school as my home state, Louisiana, passed a law that opened the door for the teaching of creationism.

Comments (Page 6)

Showing posts 101 - 120 of1,540
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

............ w a i t . f o r . i t

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

KittenKoder wrote:
The coders just randomly toss stuff together
thank you Kitten .. your intelligence is displayed

did I lose Dude ??

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#105
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

His-truth wrote:
....... wait for it
You've been waiting, waiting, and waiting for the second coming of jesus. Keep on keepin' on.

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are a pedophile.
No, he's a buybull thumping troglodyte.

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

His-truth wrote:
allow me to go back .. tell me the difference between a rock and an Indian arrowhead made of the same substance ... the rock tells you one thing .. the arrowhead tells you something else ... let's discuss it
That's all you do is go back. Reactionary buybull thumper.

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#108
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

well .. since Dude fell of the radar ... I'll start again

Category ( A )= the result of: Un-unconscious un-guided .. chaotic-randomized / space and earth driven / natural forces and processes .. no design ... no intelligence

.......... or

Category ( B )= the result of: Self-aware / contemplating-calculating .. purpose-guided / agenda-driven expression/s of a designer-mind ..... design ... intelligence

==========
1 of 6 ~ Your windows computer program / operating system .... A or B
2 of 6 ~ The rocks in your garden .... A or B

maybe Mykro can make better progress

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#109
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Subduction Zone wrote:
Does anyone understand what His-truth is babbling about?
I have to admit that I have no clue.
Neither does he, I fear.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#110
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

His-truth wrote:
maybe my little nephew can explain it to you
I'd prefer to hear it from your caregiver.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#111
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

His-truth wrote:
Subduction Zone's reasoning skills on display ... we are sooo impressed
Category ( A )= the result of: Un-unconscious un-guided .. chaotic-randomized / space and earth driven / natural forces and processes .. no design ... no intelligence
.......... or
Category ( B )= the result of: Self-aware / contemplating-calculating .. purpose-guided / agenda-driven expression/s of a designer-mind ..... design ... intelligence
==========
1 of 6 ~ Your windows computer program / operating system .... A or B
2 of 6 ~ The rocks in your garden .... A or B
try one Subduction ... I promise you won't die
I realize that everything you say feels true when you're stoned. And you are blasted.

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#112
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

maybe Lawrence Wolf can make better progress

try one

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

His-truth wrote:
I guess I'll just have to sit back for a while and allow the children to throw sand ... it's what they do
If arrogance were a crime, you'd be executed.

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#114
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

WELL FOLKS .. IT'S BEEN FUN ... SORRY YOU MADE NO PROGRESS
does anyone understand what His-truth is babbling about ? Intelligent Design is Creationism dishonestly worded that is not surprising it's a habit of religious people to alter the meanings of words or change the labels in an attempt to make their side seem correct or somehow better than it is It's a lie all the same .. yes .. why do creationists have such hostility to reason and logic .. I simply cannot understand that attitude of theirs .. I have to admit that I have no clue .. I guess not especially when he seems to think that he has asked some questions that no one else can seem to see .. no hostility .. all you are receiving now is well deserved ridicule .. maybe your little nephew can explain to you ho you proved your own theory wrong .. I can see now why His-truth took offense when I used the word creatard in a post of mine where the term was not aimed at him .. ye .. So you're saying ID theory is incapable of naming the designer .. No wonder it's useless.(shrug).. yeah .. maybe we'll see the end times and be rid of you .. up His-turth definitely got into the wine .. again .. can someone brew him some coffee so he can sober up .. he will still be a fool . your premise that the opposite of intelligence random is plain incorrect then who or what is the designer and how can we tell ? what exactly is the scientific theory of ID?.. Yes, your approach does not indicate that of an intellectually honest adult. Hence if you receive criticism then it is perhaps justified .. what is the scientific theory of ID?.. What exactly IS the scientific theory of ID who or what is the designer and how can we tell? What mechanism did it use to do whatever it is you think it did and how can we tell? How is design quantified how is C.S.I.(Complex Specified Information) measured ? When and where did it do it ? What observations can be made in regards to ID ? Why is this potentially all-powerful universe-creating) designer apparently incapable of evolution and how were these limits determined scientifically ? what useful scientific predictions does ID make ? How can it be tested ? How can it be falsified ?.. thanks in advance .. Why do you bother ? you know John doesn't want to actually address anything he's just posting to see himself in print .. You look like an aardvark?.. This is still incorrect .. Your questions have already been answered so I'm not sure why you're still repeating your previous posts .. do you understand how to take part in rational debate ?.. Indeed. And I'm just posting to demonstrate how creationists are irrational and dishonest .. What is the scientific theory of ID ?.. His-truth you are presenting a strawman argument coupled with a false dichotomy .. that is why you are not getting any responses .. I don't think we need to do that anymore .. they have all become completely unhinged it seems .. only a complete moron would not see how insane the creationists are .. and yet another Incomprehensible creationist drivel filled post .. No, they're stupid and only betray that you are an idiot .. this premise is still incorrect .. when your starting premise is still incorrect your entire foundation for your arguments fall .. Now, if you are capable of rational debate it is expected that you are to address our responses to your posts the same way we address yours .. however given your past behaviour it doesn't appear likely, as your posts appear to be consistent with the scientific theory of creationists .. So you are a pedophile .. The coders just randomly toss stuff together .. If Windows was designed by intelligent beings .. it would be Linux .. You've been waiting, waiting, and waiting for the second coming of jesus. Keep on keepin' on .. No, he's a buybull thumping troglodyte .. Neither does he, I fear .. I'd prefer to hear it from your caregiver .. I realize that everything you say feels true when you're stoned and you are blasted.
BUT AT LEAST YOU TRIED

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#115
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

WELL FOLKS .. IT'S BEEN FUN ... SORRY YOU MADE NO PROGRESS

does anyone understand what His-truth is babbling about ? Intelligent Design is Creationism dishonestly worded that is not surprising it's a habit of religious people to alter the meanings of words or change the labels in an attempt to make their side seem correct or somehow better than it is It's a lie all the same .. yes .. why do creationists have such hostility to reason and logic .. I simply cannot understand that attitude of theirs .. I have to admit that I have no clue .. I guess not especially when he seems to think that he has asked some questions that no one else can seem to see .. no hostility .. all you are receiving now is well deserved ridicule .. maybe your little nephew can explain to you ho you proved your own theory wrong .. I can see now why His-truth took offense when I used the word creatard in a post of mine where the term was not aimed at him .. ye .. So you're saying ID theory is incapable of naming the designer .. No wonder it's useless.(shrug).. yeah .. maybe we'll see the end times and be rid of you .. What was the point of this post .. At best it seems that you do not understand how our universe works .. werent you the one who said you wanted to have a civilized discussion .. as it seems for the past day or so all you've been doing is making lame jokes towards anyone who disagrees .. This is still incorrect .. Why don't you spend the rest of the day reading gods word in your buybull .. youre spending way to much of your valuable creationist bullshit time on here .. up His-turth definitely got into the wine .. again .. can someone brew him some coffee so he can sober up .. he will still be a fool .. but at least he can write a somewhat legible post then .. Yes I am and with good reason your premise that the opposite of intelligence random is plain incorrect then who or what is the designer and how can we tell ? what exactly is the scientific theory of ID?.. Yes, your approach does not indicate that of an intellectually honest adult. Hence if you receive criticism then it is perhaps justified .. what is the scientific theory of ID?.. What exactly IS the scientific theory of ID who or what is the designer and how can we tell? What mechanism did it use to do whatever it is you think it did and how can we tell? How is design quantified how is C.S.I.(Complex Specified Information) measured ? When and where did it do it ? What observations can be made in regards to ID ? Why is this potentially all-powerful universe-creating) designer apparently incapable of evolution and how were these limits determined scientifically ? what useful scientific predictions does ID make ? How can it be tested ? How can it be falsified ?.. thanks in advance .. Why do you bother ? you know John doesn't want to actually address anything he's just posting to see himself in print .. You look like an aardvark?.. This is still incorrect .. Your questions have already been answered so I'm not sure why you're still repeating your previous posts .. do you understand how to take part in rational debate ?.. Indeed. And I'm just posting to demonstrate how creationists are irrational and dishonest .. What is the scientific theory of ID ?.. His-truth you are presenting a strawman argument coupled with a false dichotomy .. that is why you are not getting any responses .. as your posts appear to be consistent with the scientific theory of creationists .. So you are a pedophile .. The coders just randomly toss stuff together .. If Windows was designed by intelligent beings .. it would be Linux .. You've been waiting, waiting, and waiting for the second coming of jesus. Keep on keepin' on .. No, he's a buybull thumping troglodyte .. Neither does he, I fear .. I'd prefer to hear it from your caregiver .. I realize that everything you say feels true when you're stoned and you are blasted.

BUT AT LEAST YOU TRIED

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#116
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

His-truth wrote:
no ... just looking for an A or B
Category ( A )= the result of: Un-unconscious un-guided .. chaotic-randomized / space and earth driven / natural forces and processes .. no design ... no intelligence
.......... or
Category ( B )= the result of: Self-aware / contemplating-calculating .. purpose-guided / agenda-driven expression/s of a designer-mind ..... design ... intelligence
==========
1 of 6 ~ Your windows computer program / operating system .... A or B
2 of 6 ~ The rocks in your garden .... A or B
I just had an epiphany. The opposite of 1 is all. Yet the opposite of all is none. This raises the question - Is man an entity or merely an extension of his own ego?
Just thought I'd get in on the gibberish.

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#117
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

I'll leave something to haunt you with ...

Category ( A )= the result of: Un-unconscious un-guided .. chaotic-randomized / space and earth driven / natural forces and processes .. no design ... no intelligence

.......... or

Category ( B )= the result of: Self-aware / contemplating-calculating .. purpose-guided / agenda-driven expression/s of a designer-mind ..... design ... intelligence

==========
1 of 6 ~ Your windows computer program / operating system .... A or B
2 of 6 ~ The rocks in your garden .... A or B

sorry bout the double post ... ha !!

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

His-truth wrote:
maybe Lawrence Wolf can make better progress
try one
I'd make better progress than you just by standing still.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#119
Mar 10, 2013
 
Let me get my three cents in (adjusting for inflation). I think both Creationists and Atheists are guilty of the intellectual crime of expressing certainty in their positions.
Guys and gals, we don't know nuthin'.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#120
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you Kitten .. your intelligence is displayed
did I lose Dude ??
Wow, you are so stupid you didn't even recognize a job, and a good one at that. Just ... wow.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#122
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Let me get my three cents in (adjusting for inflation). I think both Creationists and Atheists are guilty of the intellectual crime of expressing certainty in their positions.
Guys and gals, we don't know nuthin'.
Except Science does not express an ABSOLUTE certainty.

Even the Theory of Evolution is open to being overthrown, but by a better theory with better scientific evidence.

Creationism/ID just aint got it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#123
Mar 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Okay, let's see how much time I got today, especially as this internet connection sux.
His-truth wrote:
1 of 6 ~ Your windows computer program / operating system .... A or B

dude claims (A) http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T7F ...

Category ( A )= the result of: Un-unconscious un-guided .. chaotic-randomized / space and earth driven / natural forces and processes .. no design ... no intelligence

are you holding to this Dude ??

Dude .. are you comfortable with claiming that your Computer Windows Operating system is of no design ??

please clarify
Whoopsie! My mistake. But to be fair clarity is not a great description of your posts. The windows computer system is designed and not the result of natural forces. I believe I already answered this before but you ignored everything in favour of your repetitious childish A & B BS.
His-truth wrote:
Dude = But at least you have an idea that it's some kind of alien. Or if it's a universe-creating God, you may not know whether it's Jehovah, Yahweh, Allah or Zeus. But at least you have an idea that it's a deity.

sorry dude .. but this discussion is not about religion .. we are talking science / logic and reason
Actually I've been waiting for you to do so since you've arrived. The simple fact is that you propose a designer. Now as I pointed out I don't really care what form your designer takes, all I'm asking is for objectively verifiable scientific evidence of it. I want to know who or what it is, what it is you think it did, how it did whatever it is you think it did, when it did it and where it did it. You should at least have a rough idea.

What is the "scientific theory" of ID?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 120 of1,540
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••