If God exits then which is the right God to worship?

Posted in the Evolution Debate Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 30 Comments Last updated Feb 22, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jimbo

Johannesburg, South Africa

#1 Feb 15, 2014
And what does this god do to people that die and have never heard about that particular God. Man has lived for tens of thousands of years now
Level 6

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 Feb 15, 2014
Jimbo wrote:
If God exists then which is the right God to worship?
The right God to worship is the Most High God.

God is the greatest being that could exist without contradiction with maximally infinite divine attributes. Thus, it's inconceivable that God could be more wonderful, more holy, more righteous, more loving, more merciful, more gracious, more powerful, more knowledgeable, more infallible, etc. etc. than He already is.
Jimbo wrote:
And what does this god do to people that die and have never heard about that particular God.
Because God is maximally righteous, He doesn't condemn weak and pitiful mortals for the light that they don't have but for the light that they refuse to receive and live by. http://everythingimportant.org is the light of God's true church.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#3 Feb 15, 2014
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> The right God to worship is the Most High God.
God is the greatest being that could exist without contradiction with maximally infinite divine attributes. Thus, it's inconceivable that God could be more wonderful, more holy, more righteous, more loving, more merciful, more gracious, more powerful, more knowledgeable, more infallible, etc. etc. than He already is.
<quoted text> Because God is maximally righteous, He doesn't condemn weak and pitiful mortals for the light that they don't have but for the light that they refuse to receive and live by.
Lucky for you eh, Shoob, since you're as dim as a broken light bulb in a black hole.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#4 Feb 15, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Lucky for you eh, Shoob, since you're as dim as a broken light bulb in a black hole.
Trying your comedy routine over here now?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#5 Feb 16, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucky for you eh, Shoob, since you're as dim as a broken light bulb in a black hole.
No, Shoob the boob is right for once. Can't you see that he is describing the Flying Spaghetti Monster? It is obvious that he is not talking about the tyrannical, evil god of the Bible.

I wonder when he underwent his conversion.
Level 6

Location hidden

#6 Feb 16, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
It is obvious that he is not talking about the tyrannical, evil god of the Bible.
It's a fair question to ask if the Most High God has the moral right to save those who pursue righteousness and destroy those who live as morally depraved degenerates. I affirm that the Most High God has the moral authority to make that decision. Those who disagree are obviously advocates of the first demon's message.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#7 Feb 16, 2014
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> It's a fair question to ask if the Most High God has the moral right to save those who pursue righteousness and destroy those who live as morally depraved degenerates. I affirm that the Most High God has the moral authority to make that decision. Those who disagree are obviously advocates of the first demon's message.
Shoob, I know that you are new to Pastafarianism, but the Flying Spaghetti Monster does not have the insecurity of the god of the Christian Bible. There is no need to constantly praise him. Yes, most of us are thankful for his Noodly Goodness. Second, there are no demons, or even "depraved degenerates" that I know of in Pastafarianism so a word to the wise, lighten up.

Yes, The Flying Spaghetti Monster has a heaven that even tops Allah's heaven for martyrs. But there is plenty to go around for everyone. Don't worry about someone stealing your spot.
Level 6

Location hidden

#8 Feb 16, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
there are no demons, or even "depraved degenerates" that I know of in Pastafarianism
You never looked into a mirror?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#9 Feb 16, 2014
Nope, still no fictional characters.

What mix of medications does your psychiatrist have you on anyway?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#10 Feb 17, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying your comedy routine over here now?
My hangout is the evolution forum. This thread is still in the evolution forum.

By the way, still waiting for you to address your infinite regression fallacy. Even God's worried he'll bite the big one before you get around to it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#11 Feb 17, 2014
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> It's a fair question to ask if the Most High God has the moral right to save those who pursue righteousness and destroy those who live as morally depraved degenerates. I affirm that the Most High God has the moral authority to make that decision. Those who disagree are obviously advocates of the first demon's message.
You're forgetting something - it's a committee of Gods.
Level 6

Location hidden

#12 Feb 17, 2014
The Dude wrote:
You're forgetting something - it's a committee of Gods.
Exodus 7:1
Then the Lord said to Moses,“See, I make you as God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet."

God has made me as a god above you but I assure you that God and I are not a committee.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#13 Feb 17, 2014
Shubee wrote:
Rather convenient how you've skipped over all those kids he killed.
Level 6

Location hidden

#14 Feb 17, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather convenient how you've skipped over all those kids he killed.
I don't know anything about the fate of the children of depraved parents. I stick to the obvious.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#15 Feb 18, 2014
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> Exodus 7:1
Then the Lord said to Moses,“See, I make you as God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet."
God has made me as a god above you but I assure you that God and I are not a committee.
The Bible is wrong. As for you, you are the patron saint and living embodiment of Dumb.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#16 Feb 18, 2014
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know anything about the fate of the children of depraved parents. I stick to the obvious.
Then read your bible, doofus.
Level 6

Location hidden

#17 Feb 18, 2014
MikeF wrote:
Then read your bible, doofus.
The Bible is silent about the fate of the children of depraved parents. Why do you persist in refusing enlightenment?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#18 Feb 18, 2014
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> The Bible is silent about the fate of the children of depraved parents. Why do you persist in refusing enlightenment?
The first born of Egypt? Remember that, you fruitcake?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#19 Feb 18, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
The first born of Egypt? Remember that, you fruitcake?
That story also tells how God is not omniscient, but Shoob will probably miss that too.
Level 6

Location hidden

#20 Feb 18, 2014
MikeF wrote:
The first born of Egypt?
The Bible teaches that death is just a sleep. What will follow that sleep for the first born of Egypt?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 26 min wondering 115,228
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 4 hr DanFromSmithville 136,256
Evolution Theory Facing Crisis 5 hr Christian 202
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 5 hr Kong_ 172,515
Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' Uncovered - live science (Sep '13) 9 hr TurkanaBoy 315
Science News (Sep '13) Thu positronium 2,848
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism Aug 27 Zog Has-fallen 343
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••