Anti-Science Bill Dead For Now

Mar 15, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: okiefunk.com

A bill that essentially attacks the teaching of evolution and the scientific method has apparently died quietly in the legislature, and that's good news for the state's public school students and its overall intellectual community.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 78 of78
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Level 6

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
You are so stupid you don't even get the difference between "the universe created" and "the universe was created."
I'd be delighted if you could demonstrate even the slightest bit of intelligence that you pretend having. However, I don't expect that you could do that. You seem incapable of using the complete sentences that were actually used. So please parse the difference between "the universe created itself from nothing" and "the universe can and will create itself from nothing."

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> I'd be delighted if you could demonstrate even the slightest bit of intelligence that you pretend having. However, I don't expect that you could do that. You seem incapable of using the complete sentences that were actually used. So please parse the difference between "the universe created itself from nothing" and "the universe can and will create itself from nothing."
Why do you keep repeating the same thing over and over again? Repeating a lie you make up doesn't make it true.
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
Repeating a lie you make up doesn't make it true.
You are hopelessly stupid.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>You are hopelessly stupid.
Now you are projecting. You cannot quote anyone, you just make up things then attribute them to that person by dishonestly altering the words, just like that scumbag William Craig, or the complete idiot Ray Comfort, or the snake oil salesman and criminal Ken Hamm. Now you project your lack of intelligence to even comprehend why your doing that quote alteration is dishonest onto others. Try actually ... I don't know ... honestly quoting what I posted for once? Maybe even quote what Hawkings actually stated without your mining and alteration tactics as well? You know, try being honest for once, maybe then people around you will actually take you seriously.
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
You cannot quote anyone, you just make up things then attribute them to that person by dishonestly altering the words,...that quote alteration is dishonest onto others.
I quoted Hawking exactly: "the universe can and will create itself from nothing" which is indistinguishable from "the universe created itself from nothing."

You're just being a dumbass.

“Happy New Year”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>I quoted Hawking exactly: "the universe can and will create itself from nothing" which is indistinguishable from "the universe created itself from nothing."
I believe that is "dumb ass" and you may want to stop casting stones.
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text> I believe that is "dumb ass"
So I bet that you also see a meaningful distinction between "the universe can and will create itself from nothing" and "the universe created itself from nothing."
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
I believe that is "dumb ass"
You should know.
Rational Tulsans

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

white boy is anti science because the first human being developed in Africa, and were Black. The white boy know that God created man in h is image, and since the first man was black, that means God is Black
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Shubee wrote:
Leave the irony meters alone Shoob.

Level 4

Since: Jan 08

San Mateo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Rational Tulsans wrote:
white boy is anti science because the first human being developed in Africa, and were Black. The white boy know that God created man in h is image, and since the first man was black, that means God is Black
Leave god out it and you are correct.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Rational Tulsans wrote:
Not according to the christian mythology ... odd that.

“Happy New Year”

Level 9

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Please get your vision checked. I said that there is no such thing as an AIDS virus and that there is no AIDS epidemic.
Why do I believe in the testimonies of the highly acclaimed virologist Dr. Peter Duesberg and not in the conspiracy theory of your kooky dentist? It's very simple. To unquestioningly trust the National Academy of Sciences, National Institutes of Health, the FDA, WHO and UNAIDS, as representatives of legitimate science, is equivalent to believing the third demon's message.
http://everythingimportant.org/
On the other hand, the claims of Dr. Peter Duesberg are consistent with the third angel's message. http://everythingimportant.org/
Because you are insane. Nuts. Whacko. Wanna be a scientist but never became one. Pretend to be a professor but really all you are is a middle school math teacher.

“Happy New Year”

Level 9

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>You should know.
Aww. I hurt your poor widdle feewins. Life is tough sometimes Shubee Doo. You aught to try living it from the reality side for a while.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Please get your vision checked. I said that there is no such thing as an AIDS virus and that there is no AIDS epidemic.
Why do I believe in the testimonies of the highly acclaimed virologist Dr. Peter Duesberg and not in the conspiracy theory of your kooky dentist? It's very simple. To unquestioningly trust the National Academy of Sciences, National Institutes of Health, the FDA, WHO and UNAIDS, as representatives of legitimate science, is equivalent to believing the third demon's message.
http://everythingimportant.org/
On the other hand, the claims of Dr. Peter Duesberg are consistent with the third angel's message. http://everythingimportant.org/
So in the end, your viewpoint is dictated by your interpretation of a pile of junk "prophecy" and not by the respective merits of the evidence on either side. Its one thing to be a healthy skeptic of all claims. Its another to pretend to be a skeptic while in fact merely being a dogmatist of another kind.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> I suppose then that you failed to understand my comments in post #20:
"Stephen Hawking also satisfies my definition of a believer in creationism since Hawking says that the universe created itself from nothing. Please note: Since I teach that God is orthogonal to physics, it then follows that I happily acknowledge that a belief in God isn't required to do science."
Wrong again.

He is not a "believer" but someone who will go where the evidence takes him. Its not semantics, its a fundamental difference in world-view between the "believer" mindset and the rational skeptic.

In any case, a hypothesis about the beginning of the universe, "created" or not, is about a million miles from any supposition that the Bible is an accurate account or that we should be basing our understanding on what three demons or angels said in some gobbledygood babblings from a ranting hermit 1900 years ago.

Claiming Hawkings as one of your own would probably short circuit his voice machine as he choked on his own laughter.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Stephen Hawking also satisfied my definition of a believer in creationism since Hawking says that the universe created itself from nothing. Please note: Since I teach that God is orthogonal to physics, it then follows that I happily acknowledge that a belief in God isn't required to do science.
Very interesting ...I'm going to watch one of his videos to see his view.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting ...I'm going to watch one of his videos to see his view.
Careful. Shoob is a Seventh Dayer who got thrown out of a fundamentalist church for being too fundamentalist for them. When loons run away from you for being too looney it's not a good sign.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 78 of78
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••