Anti-Science Bill Dead For Now

Anti-Science Bill Dead For Now

There are 78 comments on the okiefunk.com story from Mar 15, 2013, titled Anti-Science Bill Dead For Now. In it, okiefunk.com reports that:

A bill that essentially attacks the teaching of evolution and the scientific method has apparently died quietly in the legislature, and that's good news for the state's public school students and its overall intellectual community.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at okiefunk.com.

Level 6

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#41 Mar 19, 2013
Shubee wrote:
"Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist." - The Grand Design, p. 180.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grand_Design
http://books.google.com/books...
Stephen Hawking uses the phrase, "Spontaneous creation," whereas I say, "Spontaneous quantum creationism," but if you read his book carefully you will see that we mean the same thing. We are both quantum creationists.
everythingimportant.org/naturalism
Level 6

Location hidden

#42 Mar 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
AIDS is the result of an HIV infection, HIV is a virus, and there is an epidemic.
So what happened to the estimated 1 million persons that were said to be infected with HIV in the United States 20 years ago? Absolutely nothing! As Dr. Duesberg has said, "You can't ask for more from a failed hypothesis."
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#43 Mar 19, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> Stephen Hawking uses the phrase, "Spontaneous creation," whereas I say, "Spontaneous quantum creationism," but if you read his book carefully you will see that we mean the same thing. We are both quantum creationists.
Hawking thinks you're fullocrap.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#44 Mar 19, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> Stephen Hawking uses the phrase, "Spontaneous creation," whereas I say, "Spontaneous quantum creationism," but if you read his book carefully you will see that we mean the same thing. We are both quantum creationists.
everythingimportant.org/naturalism
Bullshit.

""Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing," he writes. "Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist.

It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going."

Stephen Hawking, "The Grand Design". pg 160
Level 6

Location hidden

#45 Mar 19, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
""Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing," he writes. "Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist.
It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going."
Stephen Hawking, "The Grand Design". pg 160
I suppose then that you failed to understand my comments in post #20:

"Stephen Hawking also satisfies my definition of a believer in creationism since Hawking says that the universe created itself from nothing. Please note: Since I teach that God is orthogonal to physics, it then follows that I happily acknowledge that a belief in God isn't required to do science."

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#46 Mar 19, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>You only say so because you're a nonthinking parrot that has been duped by the paid shills of the pharmaceutical industry, i.e., the National Academy of Sciences, National Institutes of Health, the FDA, WHO and UNAIDS.
Wait, you think that pharmaceuticals would create an imaginary, incurable, virus to promote medicine that works on curable illnesses? You are clearly insane.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#47 Mar 19, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> I suppose then that you failed to understand my comments in post #20:
"Stephen Hawking also satisfies my definition of a believer in creationism since Hawking says that the universe created itself from nothing. Please note: Since I teach that God is orthogonal to physics, it then follows that I happily acknowledge that a belief in God isn't required to do science."
"Spontaneous creation" is not "created itself." Moron.
Level 6

Location hidden

#48 Mar 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, you think that pharmaceuticals would create an imaginary, incurable, virus to promote medicine that works on curable illnesses? You are clearly insane.
I'm persuaded by the arguments of Dr. Peter Duesberg, whereas you're fascinated by the delusions of your own mind.
Level 6

Location hidden

#49 Mar 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
"Spontaneous creation" is not "created itself." Moron.
Don't whine to me, bitch. Go whine to Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow for saying it.

Orlando

#50 Mar 19, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Don't whine to me, bitch. Go whine to Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow for saying it.
Hawking -- in his present condition -- would have you spineless ass whimpering and asking for his forgiveness for associating your tripe with his calculations.
Level 6

Location hidden

#51 Mar 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
Hawking thinks you're fullocrap.
I really do hate responding by quoting one of Albert Einstein's ignorant-sounding platitudes but his observation is unquestionably correct and pertinent here.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein.
Level 6

Location hidden

#52 Mar 19, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
Hawking -- in his present condition -- would have you spineless ass whimpering and asking for his forgiveness for associating your tripe with his calculations.
"Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much." -- Jesus of Nazareth.
Level 6

Location hidden

#53 Mar 19, 2013
Pete-o wrote:
Well since creationism has no basis or footing in the scientific world, your wild assertions are easily dismissed.
What's the difference between "Spontaneous creation" according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grand_Design as compared to "Spontaneous quantum creationism," in http://everythingimportant.org/naturalism ?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#54 Mar 19, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Don't whine to me, bitch. Go whine to Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow for saying it.
He didn't say "created itself," moron, that's you saying he did. Thus, you're a liar.

Orlando

#55 Mar 19, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>"Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much." -- Jesus of Nazareth.
The concept of Jesus as a teacher of peace and love is a noble one.
But nobody who lived during Jesus's time actually wrote down his words AT THAT TIME.

Josephus, who lived at least a generation after Jesus's supposed death, made made the earliest, yet casual reference to Jesus's existence. Jesus's individual utterances were never documented during his life.
Level 6

Location hidden

#56 Mar 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
He didn't say "created itself," moron, that's you saying he did.
Listen up wicked witch. If you wish to parse the difference between "the universe created itself from nothing" and "the universe can and will create itself from nothing", then be my guest. But I think you're an insane bitch whose time would be better spent bitching about Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow being quantum creationists, since that is a more fundamental complaint that ignoramuses like you don't have the intellectual honesty to face.
Level 6

Location hidden

#57 Mar 19, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
The concept of Jesus as a teacher of peace and love is a noble one.
Too bad you're living your life as a total butthole.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#58 Mar 19, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Listen up wicked witch. If you wish to parse the difference between "the universe created itself from nothing" and "the universe can and will create itself from nothing", then be my guest. But I think you're an insane bitch whose time would be better spent bitching about Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow being quantum creationists, since that is a more fundamental complaint that ignoramuses like you don't have the intellectual honesty to face.
You are projecting ... and so wrong now you're just trying to play semantics ... and losing miserably. No, the universe did not "create itself" in any way. Learn English, you idiot.
Level 6

Location hidden

#59 Mar 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
now you're just trying to play semantics
No, I'm playing the bitch-slapping game. I'll leave it to you to parse the difference between "the universe created itself from nothing" and "the universe can and will create itself from nothing."

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#60 Mar 19, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'm playing the bitch-slapping game. I'll leave it to you to parse the difference between "the universe created itself from nothing" and "the universe can and will create itself from nothing."
You are so stupid you don't even get the difference between "the universe created" and "the universe was created." Moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min MIDutch 43,112
Sun could not have formed as thought 15 min MIDutch 8
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr It aint necessari... 204,729
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr karl44 18,471
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 2 hr Reno HOOCK 902
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 3 hr Chimney1 151,457
Current Education And Its Huge Flaws Mon Bren 1
More from around the web