Intelligent Design: Coming To A State...

Intelligent Design: Coming To A State Legislature Near You

There are 52849 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from May 7, 2008, titled Intelligent Design: Coming To A State Legislature Near You. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Religiously motivated strategies to oppose evolution in schools started out with efforts to ban the teaching of evolution. When that approach was struck down by the Supreme Court, Creationists took to arguing that 'Creation Science' was as scientifically legitimate as evolutionary biology, and therefore the two subjects should get equal space in the school curriculum.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#53754 Mar 12, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not really sure what your argument is about, but you seem to be against Evolution, despite not having entered a valid piece of logic one way or another.
Just one ignorant, trollish rant after another.
At least you're consistent.
I am not "against" Evolution. I just have a different perspective of it. Of course we evolve as a species but it's within our own, not from one species to the next, as evolutionist say. to me it's more of an Adaption process, which is kinda like "evolving" , just like the Finch spoken of in Darwins book, it adapted for survival but was still the species of Finch..I think all species was as is but changed over time by adapting to what envirnoment they was in. The DNA was to each, not evolved, any mutation would've shut the process down like a virus in a computer..

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#53755 Mar 12, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I am not "against" Evolution. I just have a different perspective of it. Of course we evolve as a species but it's within our own, not from one species to the next, as evolutionist say. to me it's more of an Adaption process, which is kinda like "evolving" , just like the Finch spoken of in Darwins book, it adapted for survival but was still the species of Finch..I think all species was as is but changed over time by adapting to what envirnoment they was in. The DNA was to each, not evolved, any mutation would've shut the process down like a virus in a computer..
Except that you DONT accept the Theory of Evolution as it is presented from a scientific standpoint.

Hint: The very title of Darwin's famous work, "Origin of the SPECIES" should be a starting point for you.

Location hidden

#53756 Mar 12, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that you DONT accept the Theory of Evolution as it is presented from a scientific standpoint.
Hint: The very title of Darwin's famous work, "Origin of the SPECIES" should be a starting point for you.
Wow! How could I not have seen it! Because some guy titled a book that that it has to be so! In case you missed it, The reference I used about the Finch should have been a clue to you that I have read it, along with others..Your blind to anything but what you think is right, so my trying to discuss what I think with you is useless. My Apologies..

“No Allah: know peace”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#53757 Mar 12, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if he were to actually accept the reality of evolution, then he would also have to accept the fact that he is descended from blacks, and that white skin, blond hair or blue eyes only exists because of mutations. We can't have that now, can we? After all, the next step is to recognize that blacks are in no way "inferior" to whites.

Location hidden

#53758 Mar 12, 2014
Here is an Idea for you, from a woman that wants new world order and religion

"Christianity must also be overthrown because it is based on Jewish sourse, The rule of Christ must come to an End, Because only the rule of force is right, In the World Order of the Axis Powers, The Individual has no rights, he has no Freedom except in so far as he serves the State, There will be no Liberty of Thought or Conscience, All Issues will be decided by the State, and the Private Citizen will have no Right to an Opinion. Men will be drafted like Slaves into the service of the State."
Externalization of the Heirarchy

Alice Bailey

Co-Founder of Lucifer Publishing

Now that's an Ideal huh?

Pg. 101
Alice Bailey

The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#53759 Mar 12, 2014
FASTWYND wrote:
<quoted text>Them juicy hamburgers cost money and they have to sell them to pay their working man and woman. The working man and woman who give a few dollars they have made flipping hamburgers to the Salvation Army and other charities which feed the homeless day after day shouldn't feel so bad about the Burger KING then should they? Some businesses also give to charity.
I can has cheezburger?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#53760 Mar 12, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I am not "against" Evolution. I just have a different perspective of it. Of course we evolve as a species but it's within our own, not from one species to the next, as evolutionist say. to me it's more of an Adaption process, which is kinda like "evolving" , just like the Finch spoken of in Darwins book, it adapted for survival but was still the species of Finch..I think all species was as is but changed over time by adapting to what envirnoment they was in. The DNA was to each, not evolved, any mutation would've shut the process down like a virus in a computer..
Ah, that explains it. Each and every human being on the planet is born with around 125 to 175 mutations. This is the norm, and mostly we don't suffer any ill effects.

But occasionally mutations can cause problems. In your case, they apparently all occurred in your cerebral cortex.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#53761 Mar 12, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Wow! How could I not have seen it! Because some guy titled a book that that it has to be so! In case you missed it, The reference I used about the Finch should have been a clue to you that I have read it, along with others..Your blind to anything but what you think is right, so my trying to discuss what I think with you is useless. My Apologies..
You're trying to discuss the subject is useless because you failed science. It would be like trying to explain quantum mechanics to an aardvark.(shrug)
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#53762 Mar 12, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if he were to actually accept the reality of evolution, then he would also have to accept the fact that he is descended from blacks, and that white skin, blond hair or blue eyes only exists because of mutations. We can't have that now, can we? After all, the next step is to recognize that blacks are in no way "inferior" to whites.
Blonde hair and blue eyes don't exist as mutations would cause the system to shut down.

According to him.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#53763 Mar 12, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
Here is an Idea for you, from a woman that wants new world order and religion
"Christianity must also be overthrown because it is based on Jewish sourse, The rule of Christ must come to an End, Because only the rule of force is right, In the World Order of the Axis Powers, The Individual has no rights, he has no Freedom except in so far as he serves the State, There will be no Liberty of Thought or Conscience, All Issues will be decided by the State, and the Private Citizen will have no Right to an Opinion. Men will be drafted like Slaves into the service of the State."
Externalization of the Heirarchy
Alice Bailey
Now that's an Ideal huh?
Pg. 101
Alice Bailey
Go take it up with Alice then.(shrug)

Location hidden

#53765 Mar 12, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You're trying to discuss the subject is useless because you failed science. It would be like trying to explain quantum mechanics to an aardvark.(shrug)
Do you know anything about Entropy? Law of Genetics? DNA and Genetics are a program and just like any other, if a foreign program invades it, it will be shut down, just like a computer! I grant you that I ain't the smartest person but I for sure ain't the dumbest either. I am open minded and look at everything, to be closed minded tends to hole one up like a groundhog with nowhere to go...you and others here have already assumed that I am a dumb@$$ so me wanting to talk or discuss anything is pointless. so I will bid you farewell and I meant no offense. I was only looking for conversation but with y'all looking down on me, there is no point. Peace!

“No Allah: know peace”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#53766 Mar 12, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know anything about Entropy? Law of Genetics? DNA and Genetics are a program and just like any other, if a foreign program invades it, it will be shut down, just like a computer! I grant you that I ain't the smartest person but I for sure ain't the dumbest either. I am open minded and look at everything, to be closed minded tends to hole one up like a groundhog with nowhere to go...you and others here have already assumed that I am a dumb@$$ so me wanting to talk or discuss anything is pointless. so I will bid you farewell and I meant no offense. I was only looking for conversation but with y'all looking down on me, there is no point. Peace!
If you actually looked at everything, you would never have brought up entropy, since it has been demonstrated repeatedly over many years that it does not prevent evolution from taking place. If you knew anything about evolution, you would have known that within the human genome, there are large sections where the same useless snippet of genetic code is repeated over and over.

Look back at the various comments that you posted here, and if you are NOT a dumba$$, you will readily see why others would assume that you were...
Degray

Springfield, IL

#53767 Mar 12, 2014
So, humans believe they were designed by a higher power? That makes them God like, almost holy. Humans are silly. The Hitlers, the David Koreshs, the Warren Jeffs, the Jim Jones, the Marshall Applewhites, the Olsteens...are all cults, They munipulate (brainwash) and control(donations) their little herds of followers. The primitive human animal believes whatever its told. From birth it was, "God created......." and not one brainwashed follower questioned that statement.....? Read and believe and "Thou Shelt be Brainwashed". How many people lost their faith after the WTT were hit? The jumpers, who saved them? Where was this Holy Spirit? Was he busy opening the gates for the Martyrs so they could collect on their promise of virgins? The primitive human animal is doomed!
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#53768 Mar 12, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know anything about Entropy? Law of Genetics?
Enough to know you're talking bullshit.
pusherman_ wrote:
DNA and Genetics are a program and just like any other, if a foreign program invades it, it will be shut down, just like a computer!
Then lucky for us DNA is not a computer program. Mutations are observed. If not, the entire human race would all be clones. But as it is, there is currently 7 billion different ways to make a human being. There are 7 billion different people on the Earth right now as we speak. And that's just today, not even counting all the ones who went before.

This is why your statement is unworkable in the real world. Fact 1 - life changes over time with each generation. Fact 2 - Those changes accumulate. Fact 3 - This makes evolution inevitable.

Unless the Earth is (for example) only 6,000 years old. But only people who think the Flinstones is a documentary believe that.
pusherman_ wrote:
I grant you that I ain't the smartest person but I for sure ain't the dumbest either. I am open minded and look at everything, to be closed minded tends to hole one up like a groundhog with nowhere to go...you and others here have already assumed that I am a dumb@$$ so me wanting to talk or discuss anything is pointless.
It's good to be open-minded, but not so open-minded that your brains fall out.

Simple fact of the matter is, you're wrong. Genetics supports evolution. And entropy only prevents evolution if it takes its toll before biological reproduction occurs (that means you're applying the concept incorrectly into the wrong concept, which is why you sound just like a typical garden variety fundie creationist).
pusherman_ wrote:
so I will bid you farewell and I meant no offense. I was only looking for conversation but with y'all looking down on me, there is no point. Peace!
Yes, I'm sure you left a great impression on gays, blacks and atheists. Just remember it's your choice to leave. Also we do not control these threads - there are plenty of other long-timers who are also ignorant who post in this forum too. You can either join with them and become an unstoppable team of rationality and logic, or read our posts and perhaps learn something.

The choice, as ever, is yours.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#53769 Mar 13, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Boo Hoo, now you monkey and gay lovers want your part.. go wipe your chin, you got monkey juice on it!
So you whine like a little girl about blacks and gays stealing your lunch money but ignore the moochers who are taking your whole house, theft and corruption on a grand scale.

No wonder the USA is going down the tubes. And those who benefit are pointing your heads at a few scapegoat "blacks and gays" and making you think its their fault. Oh, and the Evolutonists of course, must be their fault too.

What a colossal sucker you are.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#53770 Mar 13, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know anything about Entropy? Law of Genetics? DNA and Genetics are a program and just like any other, if a foreign program invades it, it will be shut down, just like a computer! I grant you that I ain't the smartest person but I for sure ain't the dumbest either. I am open minded and look at everything, to be closed minded tends to hole one up like a groundhog with nowhere to go...you and others here have already assumed that I am a dumb@$$ so me wanting to talk or discuss anything is pointless. so I will bid you farewell and I meant no offense. I was only looking for conversation but with y'all looking down on me, there is no point. Peace!
After all that bullshit and name calling, the turd says "Peace". Too funny.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#53772 Mar 17, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Boo Hoo, now you monkey and gay lovers want your part.. go wipe your chin, you got monkey juice on it!
maybe you monkey and gay love wants more than just part they want a marriage...

Ferment :

incite or stir up (trouble or disorder).
"the politicians and warlords who are fermenting this chaos" Politicians?

synonyms: cause, bring about, give rise to, generate, engender, spawn, instigate, provoke, incite, excite, stir up, whip up, foment; More
literarybeget, enkindle

"an environment that ferments disorder"

(of a negative feeling or memory) fester and develop into something worse.
"it had been fermenting in my subconscious for a while"

noun

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#53773 Mar 17, 2014
Are that guidelines from what was it a Politician point of understanding?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#53774 Mar 17, 2014
This one is for pusherman

www.youtube.com/watch...

girls girls and...

Actually America's real downfall the push of all *The plain ole poor man*...

No one wanted him and neither did he want a thing well not much to begin with anyway...

Food a handout...
Needless to say...takes time working in old pattern of routine...
Clothes the man for Christ sake...it's been done too...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#53775 Mar 17, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
After all that bullshit and name calling, the turd says "Peace". Too funny.
So what would you prefer chopping heads and waar...

Through rants I have said many times it would have been far easier on a lot of people...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 min Endofdays 78,674
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 min Science 32,438
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 12 min Science 163,006
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 53 min Eagle 12 - 1,406
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! 1 hr Science 814
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 hr Regolith Based Li... 222,220
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web