Intelligent Design: Coming To A State Legislature Near You

May 7, 2008 | Posted by: Cash | Full story: www.scientificblogging.com

Religiously motivated strategies to oppose evolution in schools started out with efforts to ban the teaching of evolution. When that approach was struck down by the Supreme Court, Creationists took to arguing that 'Creation Science' was as scientifically legitimate as evolutionary biology, and therefore the two subjects should get equal space in the school curriculum.
Comments
52,721 - 52,740 of 52,887 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 19

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#53648 Nov 25, 2012
Tinka wrote:
Maybe you need to re-adjust your brain maybe you just aren't reading well enough...A poor reader maybe is what you are and spelling has not got a thing to do with it, how are you communicating outward in words any other way?
Do you let it be known when you get poor service? Every time? Odds are you aren't bitching all day long if you are out and about...
Honestly do you?
Seriously?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#53649 Nov 26, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you a picky eater?
Not at all. Why do you ask?
Portal

Springfield, MO

#53650 Nov 26, 2012
Chimney one wrote:
How many Inuits are tall?
This guy should be King or the Universe. A guy in South America was asked, "What religion do you follow?" He said,"We were put here long ago by a spaceship!" Amen brother!This guy is truely intelligent. The Bible story had a good run. Hopefully, this guy is impregnating every women he looks at.......his sperm should be the only sample given to woman at sperm banks.....his DNA is special, without question!
Richard Williams

Houston, TX

#53651 Nov 29, 2012
Jacques wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you. This entire debate is a joke. If it happens (ID in schools) well, kiss America goodbye and say hello to the Chinese, taking charge of modern engineering. I wonder how many doctors, engineers, scientists will be brought forth by this system?
I definitely hear you Jacques, I see serious and unacceptible consequences from this twisted and confusing approach to "education"...it's a scary movement.
Quest-ion

Sicklerville, NJ

#53652 Jan 13, 2013
What within the realms of science provides a way to prove the existence of an infinite being that would have created our universe? If in fact there was one...
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

#53653 Jan 13, 2013
Quest-ion wrote:
What within the realms of science provides a way to prove the existence of an infinite being that would have created our universe? If in fact there was one...
Q, look around...the primitive human animal can hardly make it thru a day without popping pills to deal with life. How in the world are they expected to believe that their "God" is really Advanced Alien Being that controls(thinks they are Gods) and manipulates(genetic engineering) all life on the petri dish of a planet. Its scary and beyond comprehension and thats the way ET wants it......later.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#53654 Jan 13, 2013
We still don't give a frak about your little green men.
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

#53655 Jan 13, 2013
....little grays Dude!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#53656 Jan 13, 2013
Sorry, forgot. Iron depletion and all that.
Quest-ion

Sicklerville, NJ

#53658 Mar 1, 2013
"I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details."
Albert Einstein

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#53659 May 25, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
They are. There is no prohibition of prayer in public schools. Only that it cannot be led by the employees of the school.
<quoted text>
Agreed.
<quoted text>
Should ID ever rise to the level of science, maybe. Until then...
I'm sensing improvement with-in you Mike and this was two years ago! It seems the force of truth is growing stronger and stronger within you :-)

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#53660 May 28, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sensing improvement with-in you Mike and this was two years ago! It seems the force of truth is growing stronger and stronger within you :-)
My opinions on the matter have not changed over those two years.

“GOD OF ALL”

Since: Aug 12

Ilford, UK

#53661 Jun 17, 2013
intelligent design is for grown ups
intelligent design is for mankind
where as natural design is for the animal kingdoms
or where miraculous design is for the gods
to debate and decide upon their
version of life upon Earth.

tertty

Pittsburgh, PA

#53663 Jul 14, 2013
youtube.com/watch... About Time
wheres the prize?

“We stole the Statue of Liberty”

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#53664 Jul 19, 2013
Gru

“Saved. ”

Level 2

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#53665 Jul 19, 2013
Quest-ion wrote:
That the universe has way, way more precise patterns than there is chaos. In fact, the universe is much more precise than the U.S. Naval Observatory Master Atomic Clock.

Obviously, a universe this precise in it's timing was created by an infinite being.

“Saved. ”

Level 2

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#53666 Jul 19, 2013

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#53667 Jul 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>That the universe has way, way more precise patterns than there is chaos. In fact, the universe is much more precise than the U.S. Naval Observatory Master Atomic Clock.

Obviously, a universe this precise in it's timing was created by an infinite being.
Please describe how the universe is "precise".

Is it that the laws of physics that we've discovered are modeled after --- ummmm -- THE UNIVERSE?

Also please provide irrefutable, undeniable evidence for this 'infinite being'.

He/She/It seems awfully shy for a Deity.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#53668 Jul 20, 2013
tertty wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=sOdBG0Txn5 Q About Time
wheres the prize?
There's prizes?
Warren

Metamora, IL

#53669 Jul 28, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>That the universe has way, way more precise patterns than there is chaos. In fact, the universe is much more precise than the U.S. Naval Observatory Master Atomic Clock.
Indeed.....Humans are clueless....to grasp the truth of human existence is to grasp reality...not a trait humans can comprehend, nor understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min TurkanaBoy 115,127
Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' Uncovered - live science (Sep '13) 21 min TurkanaBoy 299
Evolution Theory Facing Crisis 34 min TurkanaBoy 173
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 8 hr One way or another 172,497
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 8 hr TurkanaBoy 136,241
Science News (Sep '13) 19 hr positronium 2,848
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism Wed Zog Has-fallen 343
When Will Evolutionists Confess Their Atheistic... (Feb '14) Aug 14 The Dude 1,831
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••