Intelligent Design: Coming To A State...

Intelligent Design: Coming To A State Legislature Near You

There are 52857 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from May 7, 2008, titled Intelligent Design: Coming To A State Legislature Near You. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Religiously motivated strategies to oppose evolution in schools started out with efforts to ban the teaching of evolution. When that approach was struck down by the Supreme Court, Creationists took to arguing that 'Creation Science' was as scientifically legitimate as evolutionary biology, and therefore the two subjects should get equal space in the school curriculum.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Since: Aug 12

London, UK

#53680 Aug 13, 2013
its upon this enclave
that i moor my boat for
intelligent design is the spooking out
of all the hidden clues.

and picturing if not envisioning the
best possible scenario,
the best of all possible worlds.

words fall like fruit from the tree
where knowledge is not far from the branch:
the fruit tastes good and
of sound scientific knowledge.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#53683 Nov 25, 2013
Sam wrote:
+++++++GOD NOW APPROVES OF SAME-SEX-MARRIAGE!!!+++++++ God has changed His mind regarding Homosexuality!. God can change His mind on matters if He wants to, there are instances in the Bible where God does just that!. This time is no different. God has certainly been answering the Big Gays prayers lately!, with their recent Supreme Court victories and all. God wouldn't answer me, a Straight guy!. You know, I once asked God for a wife, 5 months later, He gave me a wh**e!. I do admit, I did used to blaspheme God a couple years on down before this, but I stopped this. I figured this was the reason God raped me. If God didn't want to give me a wife, He sure as Hell didn't have to give me that rotten wh**e!!!. Because God bestowed this evil upon me, my blaspheming Him returned with a vengence!!!. I lay it on old God now and I don't care if I do go burn forever, HAHAHAHAHA!!!. I blaspheme God real good now. I do it more then I ever did and I am a might proud of that fact, HAHAHAHAHA!!!...GIVE ME ANOTHER WH**E GOD!!!!!!!!!.
That is strange, how God keeps changing Its mind. Well, you know, a changing world has changing needs :)

Let me get this straight though. While I'm laughing at the image of you looking up and screaming that, and if you're serious about it and not just joking, then how can you know that God "bestowed this evil upon" you? First of all, if you are serious then I'm sorry for your misfortune, but it's funny how people think it's always God that is at work; when it's good fortune, then God brought it, when it's bad then God is punishing you.

My point is that in order to blaspheme God you have to believe in God. At the start of your post it sounded like you were totally sarcastic, indicating you don't believe in God at all.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#53687 Feb 28, 2014
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously?
I am sure I was asking without joking...

Whenever that was, and some people are picky eaters, to answer the other post as well...

So has anyone found higher Intel to their questions?

Tellagents have been sucked into the media...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#53688 Feb 28, 2014
the dark lord wrote:
intelligent design for intelligent people
we are not the humans you believe us to be
how are our destinies entwined?
intelligent people made by intelligent design.
we are star gazers and star travellers
every time we need think design
we need to think long and hard about the intellect
how evolved, how evolutionally processed
through time and space.
think of the entropy of a computer hard drive
then factor that seriously the square root
a few logical times,
before satisfying oneself that what is seen
can be observed -
logically, systematically, scientifically.
The square root to HD hard driven soul (s) pace pushed by people's HD media...

Hopefully most of what is being observed is not in view to public...
FASTWYND

Calhoun, GA

#53689 Mar 1, 2014
Zeke wrote:
<quoted text>
I "think on" lots of things. Fortunately it doesn't make my head hurt, like it obviously does yours. Have you ever "thunk on" that idea ... i.e. that not everybody suffers from the same neurological impairments as you, when they try to imagine things like infinity ... or just very long periods of time?
Tinka might know.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#53690 Mar 3, 2014
I ponder on how long around is it to sit in the chair on top of the world when one has gotten up to take that long walk, what one will has find(s) second hand items and look I used to have one of those things etc...,...

Around when they come the mountain in heels too they are walking talking driving in fast cars gas hogs and conservative as well slow ride pacing zoomers zooming by hey hi later ...

Ponder on Eager...

The question that once was ask of me *how far* I thought that the Universe heads out how long it all is ...

That I think has stuck with me...

Maybe they grabbed earth with a lasso, pulling us in or just a long...
Maybe they got all doped up and thought they indeed grabbed the moon...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#53691 Mar 3, 2014
Wonder who is on Jimmie's tonight
THE LONE WORKER

Tucker, GA

#53692 Mar 4, 2014
Tinka wrote:
I ponder on how long around is it to sit in the chair on top of the world when one has gotten up to take that long walk, what one will has find(s) second hand items and look I used to have one of those things etc...,...
Around when they come the mountain in heels too they are walking talking driving in fast cars gas hogs and conservative as well slow ride pacing zoomers zooming by hey hi later ...
Ponder on Eager...
The question that once was ask of me *how far* I thought that the Universe heads out how long it all is ...
That I think has stuck with me...
Maybe they grabbed earth with a lasso, pulling us in or just a long...
Maybe they got all doped up and thought they indeed grabbed the moon...
Did you see the Burger King commercial where the lady hears a tap tap tap on her window and she goes and opens the shades and it's the Burger King with a big smile on his face and a whopper of a sandwich in his hand and a bunch of little birds and rabbit's and deer and other creatures behind him?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#53693 Mar 4, 2014
I can has cheezburger?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#53694 Mar 10, 2014
Leria wrote:
When are people going to realize that religions (all of them) are lies....... probably never, until we start telling people that they cannot indoctrinate their children with the lies of religion.
What about Indoctrinating them into Atheism? Atheism wants equal rights and protection just as any Religion and The First Amendment gives it to them, but they don't wanna be labeled a Religion..Claim It!! Ever Hear of Pot/Kettle?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#53695 Mar 10, 2014
Tinka wrote:
I ponder on how long around is it to sit in the chair on top of the world when one has gotten up to take that long walk, what one will has find(s) second hand items and look I used to have one of those things etc...,...
Around when they come the mountain in heels too they are walking talking driving in fast cars gas hogs and conservative as well slow ride pacing zoomers zooming by hey hi later ...
Ponder on Eager...
The question that once was ask of me *how far* I thought that the Universe heads out how long it all is ...
That I think has stuck with me...
Maybe they grabbed earth with a lasso, pulling us in or just a long...
Maybe they got all doped up and thought they indeed grabbed the moon...
Is all we see and seem merely a Dream within a Dream?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#53696 Mar 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> What about Indoctrinating them into Atheism?
Can't say I've heard of any such cases in public schools in the US. If it has ever happened, such cases are FAR outnumbered by the attacks on public school education made by creationists over the past century.
pusherman_ wrote:
Atheism wants equal rights and protection just as any Religion and The First Amendment gives it to them, but they don't wanna be labeled a Religion..Claim It!! Ever Hear of Pot/Kettle?
Atheism itself is not a religion as it is about lacking belief in deities and doesn't follow any particular religious doctrines. However for Constitutional purposes, as a group, atheists are guaranteed equal rights as much as anyone from any religious group, as the First Amendment is there to guarantee freedom OF and freedom FROM religion.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#53697 Mar 10, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't say I've heard of any such cases in public schools in the US. If it has ever happened, such cases are FAR outnumbered by the attacks on public school education made by creationists over the past century.
<quoted text>
Atheism itself is not a religion as it is about lacking belief in deities and doesn't follow any particular religious doctrines. However for Constitutional purposes, as a group, atheists are guaranteed equal rights as much as anyone from any religious group, as the First Amendment is there to guarantee freedom OF and freedom FROM religion.
Yes they are guaranteed and get equal rights. They are just as Religious about their "Faith" as any other.. Claim It! They have their "Church's" where they congregate just as any other, Claim It! They have "Preachers" that give "Sermons" Sounds a [email protected] lot like Religion to me.. Claim It! F-KN Cowards! I know exactly what Atheism is. Claim It! If you get the same protection from The Amendments it should label you as such! Children need protection from Atheist belief just as any other "Religion" I am not a religious person but you should like a "Religious" Hypocrite to me! It fits you.. Claim It!

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#53698 Mar 11, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yes they are guaranteed and get equal rights. They are just as Religious about their "Faith" as any other.. Claim It! They have their "Church's" where they congregate just as any other, Claim It! They have "Preachers" that give "Sermons" Sounds a [email protected] lot like Religion to me.. Claim It! F-KN Cowards! I know exactly what Atheism is. Claim It! If you get the same protection from The Amendments it should label you as such! Children need protection from Atheist belief just as any other "Religion" I am not a religious person but you should like a "Religious" Hypocrite to me! It fits you.. Claim It!
Religion (definition):

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rel...

1: the belief in a god or in a group of gods

2: an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods

3: an interest, a belief, or an activity that is very important to a person or group

<end cut/paste>

Note that definitions 1 & 2 cannot be used to describe "atheism". Definition #3 could describe atheism in a very broad sense, but it could also fit those that are baseball aficionados or motorcycle riders.

Atheism is not a religion.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#53699 Mar 11, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yes they are guaranteed and get equal rights. They are just as Religious about their "Faith" as any other.. Claim It! They have their "Church's" where they congregate just as any other, Claim It! They have "Preachers" that give "Sermons" Sounds a [email protected] lot like Religion to me.. Claim It! F-KN Cowards! I know exactly what Atheism is. Claim It! If you get the same protection from The Amendments it should label you as such! Children need protection from Atheist belief just as any other "Religion" I am not a religious person but you should like a "Religious" Hypocrite to me! It fits you.. Claim It!
Religion: Believe in X without evidence, faith is good, faith is a virtue, and you will be rewarded for striving to believe in spite of a lack of evidence.

Rational Skepticism: Don't believe something unless evidence and logic support it. Doubt is good, doubt is a virtue.

There may be a few "religious atheists" of the kind that positively insist there is no God although they cannot prove it, but most atheists take the more skeptical position that there is simply no reason to believe in God because there is no evidence for God. In other words, most atheists merely take a skeptical view, not a dogmatic "anti-God" one.

Its pretty silly calling something that has the opposite foundation to religion, another religion. Because in all religion, faith in some form is a virtue, whereas in skepticism, faith is a folly, and most atheists are simply skeptics. That means if you could ever show valid evidence for your God belief, they would be willing to accept it.

However, in thousands of years, nobody has ever provided any good evidence for God. So your chances are slim. I suppose you better stick to the old "terror of death" and "our benevolent and loving God will torment you eternally in burning pain for your insubordination" threats, since it seems to be all you and your kind have got.

Manages to sway a few cowards, I guess.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#53700 Mar 11, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion (definition):
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rel...
1: the belief in a god or in a group of gods
2: an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods
3: an interest, a belief, or an activity that is very important to a person or group
<end cut/paste>
Note that definitions 1 & 2 cannot be used to describe "atheism". Definition #3 could describe atheism in a very broad sense, but it could also fit those that are baseball aficionados or motorcycle riders.
Atheism is not a religion.
Yes it is, Claim it! you get protection and equal rights as one! y'all went whining and crying all the way to the white house with it, felt left out. I can't believe they buckle to ever little crying group that wants something. you Gay-Theist are just like the black man, not worth a F-K!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#53701 Mar 11, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion: Believe in X without evidence, faith is good, faith is a virtue, and you will be rewarded for striving to believe in spite of a lack of evidence.
Rational Skepticism: Don't believe something unless evidence and logic support it. Doubt is good, doubt is a virtue.
There may be a few "religious atheists" of the kind that positively insist there is no God although they cannot prove it, but most atheists take the more skeptical position that there is simply no reason to believe in God because there is no evidence for God. In other words, most atheists merely take a skeptical view, not a dogmatic "anti-God" one.
Its pretty silly calling something that has the opposite foundation to religion, another religion. Because in all religion, faith in some form is a virtue, whereas in skepticism, faith is a folly, and most atheists are simply skeptics. That means if you could ever show valid evidence for your God belief, they would be willing to accept it.
However, in thousands of years, nobody has ever provided any good evidence for God. So your chances are slim. I suppose you better stick to the old "terror of death" and "our benevolent and loving God will torment you eternally in burning pain for your insubordination" threats, since it seems to be all you and your kind have got.
Manages to sway a few cowards, I guess.
I know what it is!

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#53702 Mar 11, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is, Claim it! you get protection and equal rights as one! y'all went whining and crying all the way to the white house with it, felt left out. I can't believe they buckle to ever little crying group that wants something. you Gay-Theist are just like the black man, not worth a F-K!
Now THAT was an intelligent reply!
Just the type to be offered from a fundimentalist (in name only) Christian.

Well done, pusher. Well done.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#53703 Mar 11, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yes they are guaranteed and get equal rights. They are just as Religious about their "Faith" as any other.. Claim It! They have their "Church's" where they congregate just as any other, Claim It! They have "Preachers" that give "Sermons" Sounds a [email protected] lot like Religion to me.. Claim It! F-KN Cowards!
While there are certainly some "fundamentalist" atheists that exist, in general most atheists just go about their lives doing normal every day stuff without the need to engage in any kind of religious ritual.
pusherman_ wrote:
I know exactly what Atheism is.
Apparently not.

Of course fundamentalist theists can't understand any other view other than their own, so they assume that anyone with a differing point of view is really just like them, merely of a different stripe. You assume that just because most people like football and you're a Raiders fan that they must like another team like Redskins or something. But in reality they just don't care about football.(shrug)
pusherman_ wrote:
Claim It! If you get the same protection from The Amendments it should label you as such!
No, because the First Amendment guarantees freedom of, and freedom FROM religion.
pusherman_ wrote:
Children need protection from Atheist belief just as any other "Religion"
And they have it.
pusherman_ wrote:
I am not a religious person but you should like a "Religious" Hypocrite to me! It fits you.. Claim It!
No need for me to claim one of your caricatures just because you don't understand a concept.(shrug)
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#53704 Mar 11, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yes it is, Claim it! you get protection and equal rights as one! y'all went whining and crying all the way to the white house with it, felt left out. I can't believe they buckle to ever little crying group that wants something. you Gay-Theist are just like the black man, not worth a F-K!
Gee, how dare anyone demand equal representation, as guaranteed under the Constitution. They must be religious!(/sarcasm)

And to think when you first showed up I thought you might show a glimmer of rationality. Oh well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min scientia potentia... 216,865
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 min replaytime 23,558
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 min Into The Night 48,772
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 16 min It aint necessari... 179,735
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 20 min It aint necessari... 154,808
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 13 hr GoTrump 1,044
Evolution in action (May '16) Wed Thick cockney cha... 36
More from around the web