The Adaptive Function of Masturbation in a Promiscuous African Ground Squirrel

Nov 13, 2010 Full story: www.plosone.org 54

Studies of animal mating systems increasingly emphasize female multiple mating and cryptic sexual selection, particularly sperm competition.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Shaggin' Wagon.”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Springfield, MA

#1 Nov 15, 2010
Aw Cmon!!!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#2 Nov 16, 2010
"Funding: This research was funded in part by a National Science Foundation ( http://www.nsf.gov/ ) grant (IBN0130600). The funders had no role in study design, data collection and analysis, decision to publish, or preparation of the manuscript."

Sheesh.

“Tactful & Classy”

Level 1

Since: Oct 08

at all times

#3 Nov 16, 2010
I wonder if any of these squirrels have migrated to Orlando?
rubygoober

Dalton, GA

#4 Nov 16, 2010
sanka wrote:
I've been tracking them and the last I heard they've only made it as far south as Valdosta, Georgia~~
but they did stay at a Holiday Inn...

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#5 Nov 16, 2010
MikeF wrote:
"Funding: This research was funded in part by a National Science Foundation ( http://www.nsf.gov/ ) grant (IBN0130600). The funders had no role in study design, data collection and analysis, decision to publish, or preparation of the manuscript."
Sheesh.
Why am I laughing? This is some serious shit, it could have some practical long-term ramifications influencing/relating to human sexual activity, i.e., the introduction of postplay to avoid infection. Does this mean I get to watch after?:)
rubygoober

Dalton, GA

#6 Nov 16, 2010
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Why am I laughing? This is some serious shit, it could have some practical long-term ramifications influencing/relating to human sexual activity, i.e., the introduction of postplay to avoid infection. Does this mean I get to watch after?:)
It's going to be on pay-per-view~~
Promiscuous african ground squirrels gone wild...

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#7 Nov 16, 2010
sanka wrote:
I'll be on the lookout for them.

<eye roll>

“Tactful & Classy”

Level 1

Since: Oct 08

at all times

#8 Nov 16, 2010
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be on the lookout for them.
<eye roll>
Here,
you dropped something.

“Shaggin' Wagon.”

Level 1

Springfield, MA

#9 Nov 16, 2010
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
It's going to be on pay-per-view~~
Promiscuous african ground squirrels gone wild...
I love the 6 squirrel tits. There's nothing hotter than that.

Location hidden

#10 Nov 16, 2010
Noodly James wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the 6 squirrel tits. There's nothing hotter than that.
With that face you're gonna need some super sweet nut lures for even the most unihibited squirrel slut to give you a lapdance. What you gonna do with six tatas anyway? Let me guess, you're hoping for the mother of all gnarly consuelos?

“Shaggin' Wagon.”

Level 1

Springfield, MA

#11 Nov 16, 2010
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>With that face you're gonna need some super sweet nut lures for even the most unihibited squirrel slut to give you a lapdance. What you gonna do with six tatas anyway? Let me guess, you're hoping for the mother of all gnarly consuelos?
I'll make that trollop squeak. That's what she gets for masturbating in front of the research crew.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#12 Nov 16, 2010
Are these unladen African squirrels?

Location hidden

#13 Nov 16, 2010
Noodly James wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll make that trollop squeak. That's what she gets for masturbating in front of the research crew.
The article said that the boys "groomed" their penises after gangbanging the girl squirrel. You posted it, you shoulda read it; admit it, you went all twitchy over the word masterbate. How old are you?

“Shaggin' Wagon.”

Level 1

Springfield, MA

#14 Nov 16, 2010
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The article said that the boys "groomed" their penises after gangbanging the girl squirrel. You posted it, you shoulda read it; admit it, you went all twitchy over the word masterbate. How old are you?
I'm only 12 years old. What does this mean? Oh, I FREELY admit it. It's a masturbating squirrel. Just use the sound effects from "The emperors last groove". Squeek squeety squeek squeeken. SQUEEK OH GOD SQUEEK!!

“Shaggin' Wagon.”

Level 1

Springfield, MA

#15 Nov 16, 2010
LowellGuy wrote:
No no. They have to carry coconuts.

“Maccullochella macquariensis”

Melbourne, Australia

#16 Nov 16, 2010
This new learning amazes me, Sir Noodly. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.

“Shaggin' Wagon.”

Level 1

Springfield, MA

#17 Nov 17, 2010
Bluenose wrote:
This new learning amazes me, Sir Noodly. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see.

Location hidden

#18 Nov 17, 2010
LowellGuy wrote:
Since when was it decided that squirrels were allowed as substitution for swallows?

“Maccullochella macquariensis”

Melbourne, Australia

#19 Nov 17, 2010
No no no, it was not substitution, the swallows had been turned into squirrels by a witch practising to turn credulous villagers into newts.

Location hidden

#20 Nov 17, 2010
Bluenose wrote:
No no no, it was not substitution, the swallows had been turned into squirrels by a witch practising to turn credulous villagers into newts.
Don't look at me, I'm not a witch!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min dirtclod 117,398
Darwin on the rocks 57 min DanFromSmithville 164
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism 2 hr Zog Has-fallen 657
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 2 hr Dogen 174,462
Bobby Jindal: "I'm Not an Evolutionary Biologist" 4 hr The Dude 14
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 4 hr polymath257 137,376
Why are there no dinosaur pen is fossil? Sep 27 David M 2

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE