Attacked by Invisible Beings
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#42 Aug 12, 2010
pat wrote:
<quoted text>
actually there is no proof of evolution, no transitional fossils, carbon dating doesnt give accurate info..
how did any organism survive the developmental stages without dying off...if all the systems were in the process of developing, the organism couldnt function and live and pass on any information, so they wouldve died off. and how did women carry and feed babies while they were still not fully human?? fine if you dont want to be accountable to a higher being but the theory of evolution is just dumb with no proof...if u want to beleive u came from a rock...well thats up to u... but since when EVER does life come from non-life?? it goes against any scientific law
So let's see what we can gather from your post:

You deny evolution, and by extention all science. You don't understand said science. You mistakenly assume evolution to be equivalent to atheism. You claim the theory of evolution has "no proof", yet you yourself believe in some kind of "higher being" without a shred of proof either. You mistakenly assume evolution to be dependent on abiogenesis. You don't understand abio either. You claim that life from non-life goes against "scientific law", despite the fact that the idea of creation by a 'higher being'*specifically requires* it to create life from non-life. You complain about violating "scientific law" despite the fact that again your own alternative hypothesis also requires violating current known laws of science. And you're blissfully unaware of the extreme danger you pose to the lives of cute little kittens.

Did I miss anything?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#43 Aug 12, 2010
Whoopsy, I guess I should have paid attention to the date!

:-/

(Dude releases a rather relieved kitten from the rack and places it back into the pet carrier)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Level 2

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#44 Aug 12, 2010
Sara wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesnt matter where this would have been posted,
That's right-- insane claims of magical invisible ghost-beings will always be greeted with enthusiasm.

<eyeroll>
Sara wrote:
small minded people like you would still deny its truth,
I only **seem** small minded, simply because your imagination is so very missing:

You see the world as a tiny, tiny box, filled with your limited delusions.

It's no wonder you can't get any respect...
Sara wrote:
which will only end up hurting you in the end
Riiiiight....your magical, invisible ghost-beings will HURT men now?

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL:

....aaaaaaaaaahhhhh <gasp for breath from laughing>

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:...
Rachella

Brisbane, Australia

#46 Feb 24, 2011
Bob I feel very very sorry for you. You are blind.

Robert, keep up you work, maybe one day these blind souls will see past their own arrogant and misdirected sense of superiority and see the truth that they refuse to consider... They're clearly under the influence of something evil.
Rachella

Brisbane, Australia

#47 Feb 24, 2011
LOL! If only ppl like bob etc could see just how hypocritical they are. They're being extremely closed minded arrogant and breathtakingly hypocritical. The accuse the creationists here of refusing to accept what they perceive to be the "truth" whilst steadfastly refusing to even entertain the idea that there could exist things greater than ourselves...even though they admit we only use about ten percent of our brains.

Yet their science, if they care to admit this fact, tells us that there are many many more dimensions in existence. And guess what Bob and co? YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ELSE IS OUT THERE...perhaps you should reconsider your positions upon incredibly high horses. But you won't.

“I am the great an powerful Ny!”

Lebanon, PA

#48 Feb 24, 2011
Rachella wrote:
LOL! If only ppl like bob etc could see just how hypocritical they are. They're being extremely closed minded arrogant and breathtakingly hypocritical. The accuse the creationists here of refusing to accept what they perceive to be the "truth" whilst steadfastly refusing to even entertain the idea that there could exist things greater than ourselves...even though they admit we only use about ten percent of our brains.
Yet their science, if they care to admit this fact, tells us that there are many many more dimensions in existence. And guess what Bob and co? YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ELSE IS OUT THERE...perhaps you should reconsider your positions upon incredibly high horses. But you won't.
There's a giant dog turd floating behind your head just out of your sight. Don't tell ME it's not there! Since it can exist then it must without any evidence. How anyone could believe differently makes no sense and just shows that their on a high horse.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#49 Feb 24, 2011
Rachella wrote:
Bob I feel very very sorry for you. You are blind.
Riiight.

"blind".

Tell you what: if you can manage to get your invisible sky-fairy to come to earth, and explain to everybody?

Then you will have a case.

Until you do that?

You are lying.

And your god is still a myth.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#50 Feb 24, 2011
Rachella wrote:
Just as soon as this "god" you keep whining about manages to show up and DO ANYTHING?

You might have a case.

Until then?

You are just a little liar.

And your god is still a myth.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#51 Feb 24, 2011
Rachella wrote:
You are quite mistaken in what you consider to be open minded. Being open minded is NOT accepting every bit of nonsense that comes your way. Rather, it is the willingness to listen to the evidence if such evidence exists.

In your case, you don't have one shred of evidence. You expect others to accept your word without any support whatsoever.

What you are calling "open minded" is in fact gullibility.

“Maccullochella macquariensis”

Since: May 08

Melbourne, Australia

#53 Feb 25, 2011
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite mistaken in what you consider to be open minded. Being open minded is NOT accepting every bit of nonsense that comes your way. Rather, it is the willingness to listen to the evidence if such evidence exists.
In your case, you don't have one shred of evidence. You expect others to accept your word without any support whatsoever.
What you are calling "open minded" is in fact gullibility.
Or to put it another way, it's all very well having an open mind, but you should not have a mind so open that your brain falls out.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#54 Feb 25, 2011
Bluenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Or to put it another way, it's all very well having an open mind, but you should not have a mind so open that your brain falls out.
Hi there, Bluenose. How ya doin'?

I took a long break from Topix. Was spending way too much time on it. Now I'm back, but I'm trying to limit my participation.
IfollowJesus

Colorado Springs, CO

#55 Dec 12, 2011
23 Minutes in Hell by Bill Wiese

Read it and share it with EVERYONE
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#56 Dec 13, 2011
IfollowJesus wrote:
No.

This is the attacked by invisible beings thread. If you read the opening post you will be able to see what the subject is about.

Please don't spam book adverts. Thank you.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#57 Dec 13, 2011
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
This is the attacked by invisible beings thread. If you read the opening post you will be able to see what the subject is about.
Please don't spam book adverts. Thank you.
Excellent.

I see you are still fighting the good fight.

Have you run out of kittens, yet?

;)
The Dude

Sunderland, UK

#58 Dec 13, 2011
It still might end up that way:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T3J...

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#59 Dec 13, 2011
The Dude wrote:
It still might end up that way:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T3J...
You might have to resort to killing women with long luxurious sultry tails. The furries might have a use after all! Just make sure to ask Shoobs where you can find them.
Keksgestalt

Annemasse, France

#60 Jul 30, 2012
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
Is your god SOOO WEAK that he cannot forgive someone AFTER they have died?
Your god is just a PANSY, actually-- for WHO DECIDED that this was an unbreakable rule?
Your god?
Why?
Hmmm.
Your god is not very nice-- in fact, I will go so far as to say that YOUR version of god is quite evil.
For YOUR version of god REFUSES to satisfy a RATIONAL person's quite reasonable request for OBJECTIVE PROOF.
Not unlike Joshia and the fleece, in that story in your Bible. It's a time-honored principle that a person may TEST the proof of god, and receive and ANSWER.
I have SO TESTED your god-- and the "answer" was that your god was not at home.
Hmmm.
No OBJECTIVE proof.
No RATIONAL proof.
Just emo-speak and hearsay.
For THIS I get eternal TORTURE?
As I said-- your god is just evil.
You got one problem - you think that a good god has to think human. But exactly there is the point. Gods teaches us how to get out of that humaninsm.

In fact humanism is nothing else but a justification for the human instinct. Humanism defines the human psyche.

A humanist lets himself go to what the HUMAN wants.
Like an animal lets itself do what an animals does.

A humanist lets his instincts guide him. Like an animal lets it's instincts guide itself. Thats's the problem.

I am no animal. I need to be guided. And the biggest humanist of this planet is the devil himself. Believe me more human than the devil is noone on this planet.

God tries to get us out of this.

God wants us to reach him. And he doesn't want humanists.

If we all were humanists. Then we all would be thieves, liars, murderes, violators.... etc etc ... and why.... coz they are human instincts. And from exactly these horrible instincts (wich EVERYONE on this planet has) god want to save us.

My father once told me a good story to explain this:

Life is like a corridor with closed doors on the left and on the right. There are forbitten doors and there are gods doors. And there are conciderably more forbitten doors then gods doors. Every forbitten door is right next to gods door - with exactly one difference - the forbitten door is not locked, gods door instead is locked and you have to knock the door before you can enter - ergo it's more complicated to enter such a door than just pass a non locked door... however... every forbitten door is nothing else but a bad act (human act) in your life. Several doors can be oppened and closed. But some of them you can't close them.

God's teaches us how to close those doors, or never open them. God teaches moral. He teaches us to love others. He teaches us to have patience.

I am no good christ, I admit it. I have done many sins and still do.

But I try to get the right path. And I try to be righteous. And I certainly know that HUMANS are never righteous when they believe in theirselves.

Humanism is in some way a synonyme for narcissism.

the devil is the humanist.

However. Every knee will be bend. Everybody WILL see god and be judged.

A rabbi once said: "Sagacity is the fact of fearing God"
Elohim

Branford, CT

#61 Jul 30, 2012
IfollowJesus wrote:
No thanks. I try to limit what fiction I read.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#62 Jul 30, 2012
Keksgestalt wrote:
<quoted text>
You got one problem - you think that a good god has to think human. But exactly there is the point. Gods teaches us how to get out of that humaninsm.
In fact humanism is nothing else but a justification for the human instinct. Humanism defines the human psyche.
A humanist lets his instincts guide him. Like an animal lets it's instincts guide itself. Thats's the problem.
I am no animal. I need to be guided. And the biggest humanist of this planet is the devil himself. Believe me more human than the devil is noone on this planet.
If we all were humanists. Then we all would be thieves, liars, murderes, violators.... etc etc ... and why.... coz they are human instincts. And from exactly these horrible instincts (wich EVERYONE on this planet has) god want to save us.
Life is like a corridor with closed doors on the left and on the right. There are forbitten doors and there are gods doors. And there are conciderably more forbitten doors then gods doors. Every forbitten door is right next to gods door - with exactly one difference - the forbitten door is not locked, gods door instead is locked and you have to knock the door before you can enter - ergo it's more complicated to enter such a door than just pass a non locked door... however... every forbitten door is nothing else but a bad act (human act) in your life. Several doors can be oppened and closed. But some of them you can't close them.
God's teaches us how to close those doors, or never open them. God teaches moral. He teaches us to love others. He teaches us to have patience.
But I try to get the right path. And I try to be righteous. And I certainly know that HUMANS are never righteous when they believe in theirselves.
And I'm not sure I see how this relates to being attacked by invisible beings in the Philippines in May of 1952.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#63 Jul 30, 2012
Keksgestalt wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lot of words to say "I'm an idiot."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Dogen 209,508
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 19 min Richardfs 45,436
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr Dogen 152,139
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr It aint necessari... 20,232
America evolving into lockdown on purpose 22 hr Dogen 68
New law to further hatred towards police Sat One way or another 4
Hillary, a taco stand on every corner Sat One way or another 4
More from around the web