god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
thenlearn

Howell, MI

#13641 Jan 27, 2013
what makes you guys believe that we are fully developed..

i'm serious if humans raise their kids on the moon the kids will be smarter..

maybe they will grow even taller probably not taller but defintely the brain

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#13642 Jan 27, 2013
thenlearn wrote:
what makes you guys believe that we are fully developed..
i'm serious if humans raise their kids on the moon the kids will be smarter..
maybe they will grow even taller probably not taller but defintely the brain
You should talk to Jim Ryan. He's a scientist who is not afraid to take on established scientific dogma and let his research lead him in unorthodox directions.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#13643 Jan 27, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Talk about dubious, the possibility of alien life is real, just as there is a possibility that dragons, elves or God exists.
They are all conjectures with no real evidence today.

But here is the difference:

1. Those who think alien life is possible do not need to cite supernatural explanations for it. Its simply a possibility based on the fact that there are 10^24 planets in the known universe, and unless the odds against life occurring are less than 1/10^24, then there could be life on some of these planets.

2. Those who think God exists have an unfortunate tendency to claim they know what He wants them to do and then try to impose it on everybody else, often by force when given the chance.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#13644 Jan 28, 2013
Radical secularists believe, if you can stick a large number into your dogma you can convince yourself its science. Even when you include 10^24 into your faith claim; it's still based on faith, not evidence.

At least religious people know they base their beliefs on faith and don't try to tell themselves it's 'science' is valid for everyone.

Level 6

Location hidden

#13645 Jan 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Radical secularists believe, if you can stick a large number into your dogma you can convince yourself its science. Even when you include 10^24 into your faith claim; it's still based on faith, not evidence.
At least religious people know they base their beliefs on faith and don't try to tell themselves it's 'science' is valid for everyone.
Probabalistic thinking is not "faith based" - once again we see a Godbot trying to understand rational thinking in his own magical faith based terms - and failing miserably.

I do not have a strong position on whether or not other life exists. Its not a faith based claim to say that the probability of life will depend on its likelihood (whatever that is) x the number of opportunities (eg suitable planets) for it to arise. Its a rational framework for considering the problem, not a statement of faith.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#13646 Jan 28, 2013
Those with a strong belief in extraterrestrial life are proposing faith based 'science', even when the include big numbers. Jargon is home to faith.

Critical thinking, questioning every assumption, makes good science. Probability can't exist where the sample group is one.

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#13647 Jan 28, 2013

Level 6

Location hidden

#13648 Jan 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Those with a strong belief in extraterrestrial life are proposing faith based 'science', even when the include big numbers. Jargon is home to faith.
Critical thinking, questioning every assumption, makes good science. Probability can't exist where the sample group is one.
You tried playing the dimwitted faith card to a simple question of probability, and now you are adding the double dimwit accusation that the number 10^24 is "jargon".

Scraped the bottom of the barrel of your inane soundbite responses yet? Or is there still even less to come?
helnt

Howell, MI

#13649 Jan 31, 2013
dude god created evolution because he wanted to make people not believe in him..
helnt

Howell, MI

#13650 Jan 31, 2013
bible says you go to hell if you are man and greedy. most people AREN'T.. so even if you don't believe your probably safe..!!
helnt

Howell, MI

#13651 Jan 31, 2013
we are alone on the Earth.. that in by self is proof that there is a God..
helnt

Howell, MI

#13652 Jan 31, 2013
aliens not visiting us is already proof that God is real..
helnt

Howell, MI

#13653 Jan 31, 2013
you did say I was nuts but you didn't explain why I was nuts..
helnt

Howell, MI

#13654 Jan 31, 2013
I think I would be nuts not to believe in him..

because if he was real.. I have plenty of people telling me he wasn't..regardless..
helnt

Howell, MI

#13655 Jan 31, 2013
so if god isn't real we are basically immortal..
Elohim

Branford, CT

#13656 Jan 31, 2013
helnt wrote:
so if god isn't real we are basically immortal..
Perhaps you are. I have no need for a man made myth to live a good moral life.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#13657 Jan 31, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
You tried playing the dimwitted faith card to a simple question of probability, and now you are adding the double dimwit accusation that the number 10^24 is "jargon".
Scraped the bottom of the barrel of your inane soundbite responses yet? Or is there still even less to come?
Your faith in the existence of ET life is as faith based as any religion.

Keep the faith, brother!

Level 6

Location hidden

#13658 Jan 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Your faith in the existence of ET life is as faith based as any religion.
Keep the faith, brother!
I have no faith in the existence of ET, or any other life.

What I do know is that you talk shit and are paid to do so.

Dirt

Level 6

Location hidden

#13659 Jan 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Your faith in the existence of ET life is as faith based as any religion.
Keep the faith, brother!
Idiot, I have no such faith, nor need it. You are spouting your usual shit.
maybe

Saltville, VA

#13661 Feb 3, 2013
afterlife you forget everything so if you come back you wont know about it or care

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min IB DaMann 61,237
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min The RED X Sniper 220,610
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 6 hr River Tam 160,264
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 9 hr Subduction Zone 2,675
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 14 hr Dogen 28,314
News Book aims to prove existence of God (Nov '09) Thu Regolith Based Li... 99
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Mar 16 Dogen 180,394
More from around the web