Gary Trimble

Lebanon, IL

#13572 Oct 19, 2012
Jeff wrote:
I agree, and also believe that science and religion are entirely incompatible. In other words, one cannot be a true scientist and believe in god at the same time.(I know many profess to do this, but I think in their heart-of-hearts they know they are fooling themselves).
For more, check out www.machineslikeus.com
Depends on your definition of science. You are referring to the philosophical question of origins, nothing to do with day to day scientific methodology
Gary Trimble

Lebanon, IL

#13573 Oct 19, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
well, which god?
there is little evidence to support a "belief" in a god.
and
certainly the abrahamic god is false.
any hypothesis requires evidence, there is none.
As a graduate in theology, I would take you up on this. you are spouting statements w/o evidence. Of course there are difficulties in believing either way. It may be easier (for you)to not believe than believe, so why do we even give a thought to someone who doesn't even exist? Perhaps we cannot, not think of the one who gave us the ability to think in the first place. In other words, just as it is impossible to justify right and wrong where there is no standard of right and wrong, we cannot escape the conception of God unless there is the possiblity of God's existence in the first place. Perhaps we bear the "scarred" image of God. This does not prove one way or the other, but gives credence to the possibility of God's existence. We can believe what we want, but we cannot change reality by believing or not believing. The question of the existence of God is in the category of "first things" and can be deduced to either one of two possibilities, either God exists or not, no room for grey. As long as that possiblity is there, our belief cannot banish what is really real one way or the other, only how we act upon that belief will be consequential.

Level 2

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#13574 Oct 19, 2012
Gary Trimble wrote:
<quoted text>
As a graduate in theology, I would take you up on this. you are spouting statements w/o evidence. Of course there are difficulties in believing either way. It may be easier (for you)to not believe than believe, so why do we even give a thought to someone who doesn't even exist? Perhaps we cannot, not think of the one who gave us the ability to think in the first place. In other words, just as it is impossible to justify right and wrong where there is no standard of right and wrong, we cannot escape the conception of God unless there is the possiblity of God's existence in the first place. Perhaps we bear the "scarred" image of God. This does not prove one way or the other, but gives credence to the possibility of God's existence. We can believe what we want, but we cannot change reality by believing or not believing. The question of the existence of God is in the category of "first things" and can be deduced to either one of two possibilities, either God exists or not, no room for grey. As long as that possiblity is there, our belief cannot banish what is really real one way or the other, only how we act upon that belief will be consequential.
I agree, your belief regardless of sincerity, does not create gods.

Level 2

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#13575 Oct 19, 2012
Gary Trimble wrote:
<quoted text>
As a graduate in theology,
I have a wall of certificates and a personal library of religious reference manuals; I never claim my education here on the net. It is my experience that those who lack belief in the christian god, tend to be more highly educated with respect to christian and biblical history, than those who claim to be christian, including those who claim to be trained christians. You merely spew common dogma, no different from those christians who failed to finish grade school.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#13576 Oct 20, 2012
Gary Trimble wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the entire Universe was created Last Thursday.

But without evidence, it's a possibility not worth considering.

The same is true of "God".
sina

Auckland, New Zealand

#13577 Oct 25, 2012
My god is real , thats all i gotta say !
Elohim

Branford, CT

#13578 Oct 25, 2012
sina wrote:
My god is real , thats all i gotta say !
So is mine. May J.R. "Bob" Dobbs extend the Slack Fist of Retrieval upon you and yours.
god

Chennai, India

#13579 Nov 16, 2012
god is just a man made
Thedarklegionary

Cambridge, UK

#13580 Nov 24, 2012
Well, actully it is compatible, is you look at the Greco-Roman religions, then you will see it merely suggests the Gods played a part in helping us live our daily lives and scientific advancement

Since: Sep 12

United States

#13581 Nov 26, 2012
I don't believe in atheists. THEY AREN'T REAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#13582 Nov 27, 2012
Aw, you woke up KingWill

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#13583 Nov 27, 2012
neither are you real!!!!!!!!!!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#13584 Nov 27, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
neither are you real!!!!!!!!!!
You are real.

Daft.
dognes

Pittsburgh, PA

#13585 Nov 27, 2012
youtube.com/watch...
God doesnt exist somewhere there is Bones buried
of a person named god,and this person is dead lifeless has no spirit.A dead person Bones exist?
God doesnt exist,,

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#13586 Nov 28, 2012
The Dude wrote:
You are real. Daft.
You can't know if I'm real or not. Face it, if you have no faith in God, that doesn't mean you believe in nothing - it means you believe in anything.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#13587 Nov 28, 2012
As usual you got it the wrong way round.
true

Voorhees, NJ

#13588 Dec 6, 2012
I still know how to do miracles though want some? done I know how to do true miracles I found a science behind it..

literally I would even do it free of charge...
true

Voorhees, NJ

#13589 Dec 6, 2012
i know how to make people hit the lottery don't even give me publicity I know how..

I analyzed the bible long enough to know how to get whatever i want by manipulating the reality that the bible says god created...

and I know why giving doesn't always work and prayer..
true

Voorhees, NJ

#13590 Dec 6, 2012
giving doesn't work because if you give to someone and they don't use it there is nothing that you gave them...

they have to have the mind to use it as well...
true

Voorhees, NJ

#13591 Dec 6, 2012
god can't give ya nothing back not because of expectations but miscalculation...

of what you truly gave.. you gave a puzzle about how to use that money..

you only gave them half of the solution...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min TurkanaBoy 134,208
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 2 hr Dogen 718
How would creationists explain... 10 hr Chimney1 439
Why Are There No Transitional Animals Today? (Mar '09) 13 hr DanFromSmithville 507
Science News (Sep '13) Dec 24 positronium 2,944
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Dec 20 nobody 7
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) Dec 19 Zach 4
More from around the web