Science Suggests That A Quantum Creat...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#21 Jun 15, 2014
Here is a more conventional documentary on Noah's flood worth watching:

Since: Jan 15

Location hidden

#22 Jul 30, 2015
Zog Has-fallen wrote:
Check out the outstanding confirmation report by Melissa Davey for The Guardian, Thursday 12 June 2014 23.53 EDT, which hints that a quantum creation force might have caused Noah's flood: http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/jun/1...
http://everythingimportant.org/creationism/
This discovery most certainly confirms the Scripture that says that the water source for Noah's flood came from within the earth and also rained down from the sky.
Genesis 7:11
"In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened."
Talk about jumping to conclusions hahaha

Location hidden

#23 Jul 30, 2015
Zog Has-fallen wrote:
Here is a more conventional documentary on Noah's flood worth watching:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =URPaMGjnCvUXX
Even if there were prehistoric storms what has that to do with a young Earth view of a global flood 4 or 5 thousand years ago?

Location hidden

#24 Jul 30, 2015
Paul Porter1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if there were prehistoric storms what has that to do with a young Earth view of a global flood 4 or 5 thousand years ago?
I don't know. I'm an old Earth creationist.

Location hidden

#25 Jul 30, 2015
Zog Has-fallen wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know. I'm an old Earth creationist.
That's a good start at least you don't have a completely literalist view.
If you read scripture and it helps you cope or helps you make sense of the unknown that's fine, but if you assume what you're reading is historical fact then that's really not.

Location hidden

#26 Jul 30, 2015
Zog Has-fallen wrote:
<quoted text> It is the nature of Nature to act unpredictably.
Do you accept that Richard Feynman was an accomplished quantum physicist? According to him, the fundamental reason for something happening is a probability amplitude.
We have implied that in our experimental arrangement (or even in the best possible one) it would be impossible to predict exactly what would happen. We can only predict the odds! This would mean, if it were true, that physics has given up on the problem of trying to predict exactly what will happen in a definite circumstance. Yes! physics has given up. We do not know how to predict what would happen in a given circumstance, and we believe now that it is impossible—that the only thing that can be predicted is the probability of different events. It must be recognized that this is a retrenchment in our earlier ideal of understanding nature. It may be a backward step but no one has found a way to avoid it.
No one has figured a way out of this puzzle. So at the present time we must limit ourselves to computing probabilities. We say "at the present time," but we suspect very strongly that it is something that will be with us forever—that it is impossible to beat that puzzle—that this is the way nature really is. The Feynman Lectures on Physics, Vol. 3, pp. 1-10,1-11.
http://everythingimportant.org/naturalism
I've read Feynman, indeed many of the leading physicists operate on a different level to the ordinary mind. I haven't got the exact quote here but just before he died Feynman said something like 'we often go down a cul de sac, then can't find the way out' He was speaking about depression as much as physics. The way out is the way you came in.
These brilliant minds, and every inquisitive mind is prone to depression and we develop strategies to cope with the stress. That's what hope or faith is, a coping mechanism.
It isn't that physics has given up, it's one man has entered a cul de sac and it may take someone else to take things further. It could come from a new observation or a re-examination of the facts and finding a different route. What we can't do as a species is stop exploring and striving to answer these questions. At the end of your comment it talks about a backward step and that's okay.
We won't find the answers in our assumptions only in our achievements and discoveries.

Location hidden

#27 Jul 30, 2015
Paul Porter1 wrote:
I haven't got the exact quote here but just before he died Feynman said something like 'we often go down a cul de sac, then can't find the way out' He was speaking about depression as much as physics.
You’ve mangled that all up. May I suggest that you leave science to real scientists?

Location hidden

#28 Jul 30, 2015
Zog Has-fallen wrote:
<quoted text> You’ve mangled that all up. May I suggest that you leave science to real scientists?
you can't get away with that Zoggy.
If I addressed you in strictly scientific terms what would it matter? Would you then stop believing in fairytales, maoic, demons, angels, miracles and every other component of your delusional fantasy?
It's quite pathetic when a fundie tries to side with science and believes that they can.
dirtclod

Hemet, CA

#29 Jul 30, 2015
Ya know, i'm the one who put forth that idea that the coincidence phenomenon could ;possibly be some natural version of QM, but this?
This just kind of pisses me off.
Another lame attempt to validate the flood with no geological evidence. Even an event caused by QM would still have left physical geological evidence. Now i'm off this stupid thread.

Location hidden

#30 Jul 30, 2015
dirtclod wrote:
Another lame attempt to validate the flood with no geological evidence.
You're saying that you see no parallel between recent geophysics http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/jun/1... and Genesis 7:11?

"In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened." Genesis 7:11.

Location hidden

#31 Jul 30, 2015
Zog Has-fallen wrote:
<quoted text> You're saying that you see no parallel between recent geophysics http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/jun/1... and Genesis 7:11?
"In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened." Genesis 7:11.
A fantasy doesn't have rules or laws that govern what is possible, anything is possible outside of reality. Why didn't your flood destroy the Egyptian civilisation because on a Biblical timescale it happened during that historical period? Or are you now admitting the Bible is not literally true?
That's without including the scientific evidence which discounts a global flood at any time.
I'm not even going to consider 600 year old men blah that's garbage.

Location hidden

#32 Jul 30, 2015
Paul Porter1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A fantasy doesn't have rules or laws that govern what is possible, anything is possible outside of reality.
Quantum theory has rules demonstrating that everything is possible.

Location hidden

#33 Jul 30, 2015
Zog Has-fallen wrote:
<quoted text> Quantum theory has rules demonstrating that everything is possible.
not accurate you again avoid your need to include magic to make your fantasy even possible

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Regolith Based Li... 197,400
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 2 hr Don Barros Serrano 150,974
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Regolith Based Li... 13,292
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 hr renee 31,281
Evolution in action 13 hr MIDutch 1
News RANT: Is "global warming" today's version of th... May 25 bearings 2
Another "gap" gets closed May 24 MIDutch 1
More from around the web