Evangelicals talking sense to creationists

May 22, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Panda's Thumb

Yesterday, I received a letter and a booklet from an organization called Day Star Research .

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Jun 4, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Which should beg the question: If evangelicals are actually "talking sense" to creationists, who is talking sense to evangelicals?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Scientists apparently. Or at least these particular evangelicals are finally paying attention to them (it is noted that Hareen is a former anti-science promoter).

This is a good step.

And it will annoy fundies.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Agreed. I may not have the same philosophical leanings as the writer of this piece, but at least he has his head screwed on straight when it comes to science.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Kong_ wrote:
Agreed. I may not have the same philosophical leanings as the writer of this piece, but at least he has his head screwed on straight when it comes to science.
Well he is a physicist who thinks creationism is BS, so that helps.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

You know, when Evangelicals are teaching you something about science, you really need to go back to school. The funny thing, this news does not surprise me one bit. Many Evangelicals have recently began taking the side of not only science, but secularism. A strange and, at one time, surprising trend. I have witnessed a few even becoming deists recently.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

OOOOObama wrote:
Prove evolution. I'll bet you can't.
"Proof" is for mathematics and alcohol.

There is overwhelming evidence for evolution and none against it. It is one of the most successful, most well accepted theories in all of science.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

OOOOObama wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

And we haven't even mentioned ERV's yet.

You might as well have said "Prove gravity! I bet you can't!"

Just because YOU are ignorant of a subject does not mean it's invalid.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

OOOOObama wrote:
Well, our museums, text books and DNA labs are chock full of evidence for evolution. Evolution is the backbone of the modern day life sciences, accepted by 99% plus of all qualified life scientists.

Why would you "bet" that evolution can't be "proven"?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, our museums, text books and DNA labs are chock full of evidence for evolution. Evolution is the backbone of the modern day life sciences, accepted by 99% plus of all qualified life scientists.
Why would you "bet" that evolution can't be "proven"?
The ones who believe the Creator of our universe has the power to create life instantly, are not accepted or qualified by the powers that be. This should give us a clue.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The ones who believe the Creator of our universe has the power to create life instantly, are not accepted or qualified by the powers that be. This should give us a clue.
That is because there beliefs are not based upon reality. They believe in a self contradictory book with debunked fairy tales, bad morals, and failed prophecies.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

To understand truth and to fear God is the beginning of wisdom. To deny the power of God is foolish.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
To understand truth and to fear God is the beginning of wisdom. To deny the power of God is foolish.
Wrong to have beliefs that are based upon myths is foolish.

If you had evidence for your god perhaps more people would believe in him.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

The evidence is pictured in stone and just like everything else, it will probably not see the light of day if some people have their way. The truth is there to see, it is just that some people will never accept it and others wouldn't know it if they were looking right at it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
The evidence is pictured in stone and just like everything else, it will probably not see the light of day if some people have their way. The truth is there to see, it is just that some people will never accept it and others wouldn't know it if they were looking right at it.
Nope, the evidence carved in stone is geology and that does not support creation.

So try again, what is your evidence?

So far you have offered none.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

To some sceptics nothing would be good enough to prove the existence of a Creator, but to those who believe he is, it is easy to see his hand is at work throughout all of creation. What a person with faith can clearly see, a doubter would say is too vague. If we had the faith of a child, we could see a clear face looking down on us in a full moon, but a person who studies the details would look closer and only see craters and moon rocks and claim it was a delusion to see a face to begin with. Everything has a purpose for being exactly where it is and sometimes we just need to take time to look and admire the beauty of his creation and just know that he is.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Just saw a cloud that looked like a leprechaun today, do you consider that to be evidence of leprechauns? If not, then you have no evidence of your god either.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
To some sceptics nothing would be good enough to prove the existence of a Creator, but to those who believe he is, it is easy to see his hand is at work throughout all of creation. What a person with faith can clearly see, a doubter would say is too vague. If we had the faith of a child, we could see a clear face looking down on us in a full moon, but a person who studies the details would look closer and only see craters and moon rocks and claim it was a delusion to see a face to begin with. Everything has a purpose for being exactly where it is and sometimes we just need to take time to look and admire the beauty of his creation and just know that he is.
No, there is plenty of evidence that would be "good enough". The problem is that it does not exist. If your god was real he could have described all sorts of scientific laws in the O.T.. He didn't. Almost all of the "science" in the OT is laughably wrong.

Striped sticks causing goats to have striped offspring. Doves blood curing leprosy. Insects with four legs. I could go on and on.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Just saw a cloud that looked like a leprechaun today, do you consider that to be evidence of leprechauns? If not, then you have no evidence of your god either.
That is not my point. Our Creator is an artist and just look at the beauty and wonder of all of his creation, it declares his handiwork.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

I have to get up at 4:30 in the morning. Talk to you all later, good night.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>That is not my point. Our Creator is an artist and just look at the beauty and wonder of all of his creation, it declares his handiwork.
So then you do agree that the cloud shaped like a leprechaun is proof that leprechauns are real.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••