Evolution is intelligent design

Evolution is intelligent design

Posted in the Evolution Debate Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last

“It Is What It Is”

Level 2

Since: Jul 13

Alberta, Canada

#1 Nov 17, 2013
Evolution is intelligent design. Evolution basically has three definitions;
1. Change over time
2. Common descent
3. Natural selection

First we have change over time. It is a pretty open and shut case that the design of the species gets better over time. Better adapted to live and reproduce in its environment better the chances of survival.

Second we have common descent and it is pretty evident that we are better designed, smarter, fitter than our common ancestors and able to adapt, make tools and survive better than they could. If our designs had not got better we would not be here, those ancestor species would still be thriving.

Last but not least we have natural selection. Survival of the fittest. That alone says it. Our design changes to be more fit, to be better, have better survival chances, to be smarter and adapt easier than the species before. The species that is not designed to thrive in the changing environment goes extinct.

Nothing gets better without design. Evolutionists keep saying intelligent design does not exist but yet promote intelligent design with evolution. Compare the human of today with the species 200k years ago and you can easily see we are designed better for survival, adaption, and in every way possible.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#2 Nov 17, 2013
DarkBlue wrote:
Evolution is intelligent design. Evolution basically has three definitions;
1. Change over time
2. Common descent
3. Natural selection
First we have change over time. It is a pretty open and shut case that the design of the species gets better over time. Better adapted to live and reproduce in its environment better the chances of survival.
Second we have common descent and it is pretty evident that we are better designed, smarter, fitter than our common ancestors and able to adapt, make tools and survive better than they could. If our designs had not got better we would not be here, those ancestor species would still be thriving.
Last but not least we have natural selection. Survival of the fittest. That alone says it. Our design changes to be more fit, to be better, have better survival chances, to be smarter and adapt easier than the species before. The species that is not designed to thrive in the changing environment goes extinct.
Nothing gets better without design. Evolutionists keep saying intelligent design does not exist but yet promote intelligent design with evolution. Compare the human of today with the species 200k years ago and you can easily see we are designed better for survival, adaption, and in every way possible.

Logical fallacies run amuck.

“It Is What It Is”

Level 2

Since: Jul 13

Alberta, Canada

#3 Nov 17, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Logical fallacies run amuck.
Denial is what exceeds it and you are in denial.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#4 Nov 17, 2013
DarkBlue wrote:
Evolution is intelligent design. Evolution basically has three definitions;
1. Change over time
2. Common descent
3. Natural selection
First we have change over time. It is a pretty open and shut case that the design of the species gets better over time. Better adapted to live and reproduce in its environment better the chances of survival.
Second we have common descent and it is pretty evident that we are better designed, smarter, fitter than our common ancestors and able to adapt, make tools and survive better than they could. If our designs had not got better we would not be here, those ancestor species would still be thriving.
Last but not least we have natural selection. Survival of the fittest. That alone says it. Our design changes to be more fit, to be better, have better survival chances, to be smarter and adapt easier than the species before. The species that is not designed to thrive in the changing environment goes extinct.
Nothing gets better without design. Evolutionists keep saying intelligent design does not exist but yet promote intelligent design with evolution. Compare the human of today with the species 200k years ago and you can easily see we are designed better for survival, adaption, and in every way possible.
You really haven't got a clue about evolution do you.

According to you, we should have well designed eyes, but we don't. Or no problems with sleep apnea, but we do. Or no fallen arches because of our better designed feet.

Our ancestors were well adapted to exist in the world they lived in. If you put modern humans in that environment, there is no guarantee we would fare better and maybe worse.

To point out your errors is not denial. It is rational and sensible.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#5 Nov 17, 2013
DarkBlue wrote:
Evolution is intelligent design. Evolution basically has three definitions;
1. Change over time
2. Common descent
3. Natural selection
First we have change over time. It is a pretty open and shut case that the design of the species gets better over time. Better adapted to live and reproduce in its environment better the chances of survival.
Second we have common descent and it is pretty evident that we are better designed, smarter, fitter than our common ancestors and able to adapt, make tools and survive better than they could. If our designs had not got better we would not be here, those ancestor species would still be thriving.
Last but not least we have natural selection. Survival of the fittest. That alone says it. Our design changes to be more fit, to be better, have better survival chances, to be smarter and adapt easier than the species before. The species that is not designed to thrive in the changing environment goes extinct.
Nothing gets better without design. Evolutionists keep saying intelligent design does not exist but yet promote intelligent design with evolution. Compare the human of today with the species 200k years ago and you can easily see we are designed better for survival, adaption, and in every way possible.
Evolution is a process guided by the laws of nature. If there is a designer, there is no evidence of his hand in what we see.

You are putting human bias in your assessment of what better means.

“It Is What It Is”

Level 2

Since: Jul 13

Alberta, Canada

#6 Nov 17, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You really haven't got a clue about evolution do you.
According to you, we should have well designed eyes, but we don't. Or no problems with sleep apnea, but we do. Or no fallen arches because of our better designed feet.
Our ancestors were well adapted to exist in the world they lived in. If you put modern humans in that environment, there is no guarantee we would fare better and maybe worse.
To point out your errors is not denial. It is rational and sensible.
The eye has become an extremely advanced design from what it was. You should read about the evolution of the eye.

Health problems are going to happen no matter what. Some are due to a bad mutation, some to life styles. Not all mutations turn out beneficial. Our design gets better with time and our design is well advanced compared to our ancestors.

“It Is What It Is”

Level 2

Since: Jul 13

Alberta, Canada

#7 Nov 17, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution is a process guided by the laws of nature. If there is a designer, there is no evidence of his hand in what we see.
You are putting human bias in your assessment of what better means.
You don't understand, evolution is the designer.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#8 Nov 17, 2013
DarkBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand, evolution is the designer.
You need evidence to make claims like this.

Evolution is based upon scientific evidence. No designer required.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#9 Nov 17, 2013
DarkBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
The eye has become an extremely advanced design from what it was. You should read about the evolution of the eye.
Health problems are going to happen no matter what. Some are due to a bad mutation, some to life styles. Not all mutations turn out beneficial. Our design gets better with time and our design is well advanced compared to our ancestors.
I am far more aware of the evolution of the human eye than you appear to be. If it is so advanced, the why are the nerves and blood vessels in front of the retina. Not a very good design.

We are not talking about health problems that crop up from disease or abuse. Those are again design flaws in the human body that put the lie to your claims.

You should spend less time practicing your arrogance and more time learning about the things you are discussing.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#10 Nov 17, 2013
DarkBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand, evolution is the designer.
You feel you have stumbled onto something profound, but the next time you have a thought, let it go. It would be natural selection anyway.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#11 Nov 17, 2013
DarkBlue wrote:
Evolution is intelligent design. Evolution basically has three definitions;
1. Change over time
2. Common descent
3. Natural selection
First we have change over time. It is a pretty open and shut case that the design of the species gets better over time. Better adapted to live and reproduce in its environment better the chances of survival.
Second we have common descent and it is pretty evident that we are better designed, smarter, fitter than our common ancestors and able to adapt, make tools and survive better than they could. If our designs had not got better we would not be here, those ancestor species would still be thriving.
Last but not least we have natural selection. Survival of the fittest. That alone says it. Our design changes to be more fit, to be better, have better survival chances, to be smarter and adapt easier than the species before. The species that is not designed to thrive in the changing environment goes extinct.
Nothing gets better without design. Evolutionists keep saying intelligent design does not exist but yet promote intelligent design with evolution. Compare the human of today with the species 200k years ago and you can easily see we are designed better for survival, adaption, and in every way possible.
You are lost on the meaning of fitness. It isn't about being tougher. When an organism has greater fitness it means that the organism will produce a greater mean number of offspring than a less fit organism. This may occur based on seasonal or period changes to the environment and doesn't mean that organism will survive while others die off.

Your analysis is weak. Your conclusions are weak.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#12 Nov 18, 2013
DarkBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand, evolution is the designer.
In which case 'design' is merely a metaphor.

Unless you happen to have objectively verifiable evidence that evolution requires the intervention of invisible magic Jewish wizards in order to occur.

Creationists keep telling us that evidence doesn't exist.

Oh well.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#13 Nov 18, 2013
DarkBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Denial is what exceeds it and you are in denial.

I was not (yet) judging the content of your post. I was just overwhelmed by the number of logical fallacies present.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#14 Nov 18, 2013
DarkBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand, evolution is the designer.

Metaphorically speaking.

“It Is What It Is”

Level 2

Since: Jul 13

Alberta, Canada

#15 Nov 18, 2013
Design (v)- make something skillful and efficient, intend something for particular use, intend something for a particular purpose intended to accomplish goals, in a particular environment.

You want an example of design just watch this. Parts designed to not only work together efficiently but also to accomplish goals.

Cheetahs

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#16 Nov 18, 2013
DarkBlue wrote:
Design (v)- make something skillful and efficient, intend something for particular use, intend something for a particular purpose intended to accomplish goals, in a particular environment.
You want an example of design just watch this. Parts designed to not only work together efficiently but also to accomplish goals.
Cheetahs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hfVmW6FbIoUXX
Again, evolved, not designed. We have evidence that supports our claims. You need to do a lot better than to say "Ooh! Ooh! Fast cat! Faaaast CAT." That is not evidence.

“It Is What It Is”

Level 2

Since: Jul 13

Alberta, Canada

#17 Nov 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, evolved, not designed. We have evidence that supports our claims. You need to do a lot better than to say "Ooh! Ooh! Fast cat! Faaaast CAT." That is not evidence.
Yes the design evolved. The design improved over time through evolution. Evolution is the designer.

Letís look at Darwin's finches. The design of their beaks works better for the available food to them.

A frogs tongue is designed for a specific purpose.

An elephants trunk is designed for many purposes. One being they can't put their head down to eat so they bring the food up or down to them with their trunk.

The designs of each animal and plant are pertinent to the conditions of their living habitats ranging from hot and cold to dry and wet or a mixture of both.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#18 Nov 18, 2013
DarkBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the design evolved. The design improved over time through evolution. Evolution is the designer.
Letís look at Darwin's finches. The design of their beaks works better for the available food to them.
A frogs tongue is designed for a specific purpose.
An elephants trunk is designed for many purposes. One being they can't put their head down to eat so they bring the food up or down to them with their trunk.
The designs of each animal and plant are pertinent to the conditions of their living habitats ranging from hot and cold to dry and wet or a mixture of both.

You are taking a metaphor and applying it literally.

Calling it "designed" does not make it fit into a designed category. So you are just wrong.




The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#19 Nov 18, 2013
DarkBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the design evolved. The design improved over time through evolution. Evolution is the designer.
Letís look at Darwin's finches. The design of their beaks works better for the available food to them.
A frogs tongue is designed for a specific purpose.
Yes. Survival.

Notice how evolution produced billions of different ways to do that, because the particulars were unimportant. Ergo intended result is an oxymoron, in fact goal-direction makes no sense in light of evolution, for as long as there is life, there will be evolution. Therefore everything will continue to change, for better or for worse. Especially since evolution is also perfectly okay with life wiping itself out of existence - not a great argument for "design". That's why 99% of all life that has ever lived is now extinct.

Like I said, "design" is nothing more than a metaphor.

Unless you are arguing for the existence of invisible magic Jews.

In which case I would very much like to see the scientific evidence for that.

In the 13.71 billion years of this universe's existence, so far no-one has been able to present any yet that we're aware of.

“It Is What It Is”

Level 2

Since: Jul 13

Alberta, Canada

#20 Nov 18, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I am far more aware of the evolution of the human eye than you appear to be. If it is so advanced, the why are the nerves and blood vessels in front of the retina. Not a very good design.
We are not talking about health problems that crop up from disease or abuse. Those are again design flaws in the human body that put the lie to your claims.
You should spend less time practicing your arrogance and more time learning about the things you are discussing.
The eye is a better design than what it was. Our body is designed to fight off disease, some we win some we lose to their design.

Flaws our part of life and nature. That is why evolution keeps redesigning species.

Who said better fit meant tougher. Better fit is knowledge, better design for the environment it lives in as well as reproduction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr replaytime 74,899
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Subduction Zone 32,045
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 2 hr Endofdays 162,006
creationism, for good reason fears answers 3 hr Science 12
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 hr Agents of Corruption 221,489
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! 3 hr Science 301
Is Creationism and Intelligent Design debunked ... 3 hr Science 236
More from around the web