Creationism, evolution debate focus of state hearing on new textbooks

Sep 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KLTV Tyler

Dozens of activists showed up to a State Board of Education public hearing Tuesday, battling over which textbooks they believe should be approved for use in science classrooms.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Oct 7, 2013

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Religion is taught at home, not in public schools unless the schools teach ALL religions ALL of them, all their origins and history and I doubt Christians want that.
Brandt

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Here in TN, they have taken steps though new legislation to allow creationism back into the classroom. This law turns the clock back nearly 100 years here in the seemingly unprogressive South and is simply embarrassing. There is no argument against the Theory of Evolution other than that of religious doctrine. The Monkey Law only opens the door for fanatic Christianity to creep its way back into our classrooms. You can see my visual response as a Tennessean to this absurd law on my artistís blog at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2012/04/pu... with some evolutionary art and a little bit of simple logic.

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Brandt wrote:
Here in TN, they have taken steps though new legislation to allow creationism back into the classroom. This law turns the clock back nearly 100 years here in the seemingly unprogressive South and is simply embarrassing. There is no argument against the Theory of Evolution other than that of religious doctrine. The Monkey Law only opens the door for fanatic Christianity to creep its way back into our classrooms. You can see my visual response as a Tennessean to this absurd law on my artistís blog at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2012/04/pu... with some evolutionary art and a little bit of simple logic.
scary to see the push for ignorance by leaders elected to educate and bring our youth to innovation and progress not possible with backwards ideologies.
SimpleTom

Nanaimo, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

It's hard to believe that most of the world has outgrown the ignorance of evolution denial, including the Catholic Church and many protestant faiths, but a bunch of fundamentalists insist of continuing this 150 year old losing battle. What a joke...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••