This Weekend: Dances of universal peace

This Weekend: Dances of universal peace

There are 6 comments on the Examiner.com story from Aug 9, 2012, titled This Weekend: Dances of universal peace. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

After the attack on the Sikh temple in Wisconsin, the Dances of Universal Peace provides an opportunity to put some positive energy back into the universe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

tip

Zanesville, OH

#2 Aug 9, 2012
By the title, I deduced it was a Unitarian Universalist event.
CatInTheHat

Blacklick, OH

#3 Aug 9, 2012
Why don't you go and see?

"The Dances of Universal Peace are held at the Columbus Mennonite Church on Saturday August 11, 2012 from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The church is located at 35 Oakland Park Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43214. The church is one block north of East North Broadway off High Street."

Wear comfortable shoes and clothing.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#4 Aug 9, 2012
Dances of Universal Peace has been around for quite some time. Seems I first encountered them back during the First Gulf War at some event. Seems as though they are not allied with any particular sect, denomination or creed (whatever), but had developed dances that borrowed from a number of different cultures.

Glad to see that there are still around.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#5 Aug 9, 2012
Dancing Mennonites? That can't be right!
CatInTheHat

Blacklick, OH

#6 Aug 9, 2012
Big Johnson wrote:
Dancing Mennonites? That can't be right!
But it could be pretty funny.
Spooklivessckusz ipot

Portage, MI

#7 Aug 9, 2012
If you ahoot the feet of a skinny, commie, or moo slum. The all dance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Events Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Saltsburg Borough cites age limit for trick-or-... (Oct '11) Fri Noneofyourbusiness 9
News Charity gives $10K to UAHT to help with Kids' C... Oct 6 JenniferSim 3
News BurlOak Theatre Group kicks off the season with... Sep 29 Glen Abbey kickoff 1
News What's Happening Sep 25 yep 15
News Conserving electricity is topic of Power Agm (Feb '07) Sep '17 Tesla fan eh 6
News Video: Science Museum Oklahoma planning movie s... Sep '17 blindedbyscience 1
News Annual lantern vigil will be held in... Sep '17 opioid crisis 8
More from around the web