UVA Board of Visitors Retreat to be Held in Richmond - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sport...

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

The University of Virginia Board of Visitors will meet this week for the first time since UVA President Teresa Sullivan was reinstated.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Simon Says

Moneta, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

They should do it at an MMA facility and let them go until someone "Taps Out"!
Rex

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

I wonder how much this retreat is costing the University?
confused

Earlysville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

should stay in c'ville so the local economy can benifit from the wasteful spending.
Too Bad

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Rex wrote:
I wonder how much this retreat is costing the University?
Not as much as Sullivan's poor performance is costing it.
Jaca

Greenbelt, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

I wish the department I work for could go on a nice, 2 day, all expenses paid retreat. But I'm just a lowly, second class staff employee who exists only to feed the glutonous pigs. These people are the vile scum of the earth. They vehemently deny people of lesser means a living wage increase, yet will spend hand over fist to pamper themselves. DISGUSTING.
frmr

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Too Bad wrote:
<quoted text>
Not as much as Sullivan's poor performance is costing it.
Did you miss the story about how donations have doubled since Ms. Sullivan was reinstated?
Virginia tax payer

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Bet they wonít be doing McDonalds for dinner there in Richmond. Why canít folks of the caliber get the real picture. Look at what most working folks, the middle class tax mules we are make an hour and see how much the wine and dine treatment cost us. I agree with a previous comment, retreat right here in Charlottesville and order in local pizza and do what the rest of us working tax payers have to do. Please be mindful of what you are doing at otherís expense.
Too Bad

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

frmr wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you miss the story about how donations have doubled since Ms. Sullivan was reinstated?
Just catching up after the flap, you spin that as a victory? Her lack of leadership is painfully evident. Mr. Cohen, head of the Faculty Senate is the new "President" of UVa. Just one problem, that's not in his job description. Bet he wishes he was earning Sullivan's salary though. She earns more than the President and Vice President of the US combined. You will need a lot more donations to pay for that, right?
Too Bad

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Virginia tax payer wrote:
Bet they wonít be doing McDonalds for dinner there in Richmond. Why canít folks of the caliber get the real picture. Look at what most working folks, the middle class tax mules we are make an hour and see how much the wine and dine treatment cost us. I agree with a previous comment, retreat right here in Charlottesville and order in local pizza and do what the rest of us working tax payers have to do. Please be mindful of what you are doing at otherís expense.
Such baloney, your bogus indignation would be more credible railing against Sullivan who is significantly overpaid for her performance than people who volunteer their time.
reality bites

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

They spend like gluttonous pigs because they can. Write the governor.
Creative

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

I heard through the grapevine the BOV racked up a $100,000 expense tab at their last hooray. Wouldn't we all love to see the expense report on this one??
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Creative wrote:
I heard through the grapevine the BOV racked up a $100,000 expense tab at their last hooray. Wouldn't we all love to see the expense report on this one??
You have obviously never seen the expenses of a typical executive or senior management retreat - government OR private sector.$100,000 is cheap.
Too Bad

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Creative wrote:
Why not let Mr. Cohen, head of the Faculty Senate run the University? With Sullivan showing no leadership that's what is happening now. You could save about $700,000/yr. that way. Oh, I forgot, that's not in his job description...
TooBadSoSad

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

reality bites wrote:
They spend like gluttonous pigs because they can. Write the governor.
The Governor is one of them.
Glenn

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

I once titled myself a "facilitator" on course syllabus and handouts at a new university faculty appointment after taking a summer graduate course in higher education. What is this at a Board of Visitors meeting? did she have an hourly rate? It sounds like the $700 towlet seat charged off at the Pentagon in the 1980's.No wonder the BOV raises tuition anytime the way they want. The students paid for this! Could they not have the meetings at a university campus and stay in the on campus living facilities? It they must have a ritz hotel why can't they pay for it themselves?
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Ya'll got to start thinking like elitists. Elitists are not concerned with thoughts and words of the unwashed masses. Some talk about the entitled, do you really think they themselves don't think they are entitled? of course they are and your paying for it whether you like or not. How do you think the get on the board to begin with? money and privilege. You think old lady Kluge got on the board cause she was brilliant? Elitists think and live in a different world from the common man, as diluted as they are unfortunately we have to suffer them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Events Discussions

Search the Events Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Halton Green Screens: A Sense... 11 hr UNESCO Biosphere eh 1
Obama's pathetic response to Putin's invasion o... Apr 9 LOL 123
Fun stuff: Miley, mountains and music Apr 4 M Robert 2
Playbook for major Santa Cruz events spelled out Apr 2 John Colby 3
Faith Briefs March 29 Mar 30 Androgynous DR SOS 1
Religion Calendar Mar 29 Steve 2
March Mar 26 Candice Johnson 1
•••
•••