Dayton, Chattanooga announced for 2013 FLW Tour schedule

Aug 29, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Nooga.com

Andy Morgan and Michael Neal , both from Dayton, Tenn., will be fishing in front of a hometown crowd when the FLW Tour comes to Dayton in 2013.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Sep 3, 2012
FLW Reality Check

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Judged:

I really think this FLW tournament should be researched and explained fully. To host an event of this type here is the criteria:

FLW Outdoors/The Bass Federation
FLW Outdoors now partners with The Bass Federation and offers national, regional, state and local tournaments for professional and amateur anglers. Events are posted in FLW Outdoors magazine, Kids All-American Fishing magazine, FLW brochures and the FLW website. Larger events are broadcast on Fox Sports Net and their 10 series’ offer cash prizes of about $37.9 million. In 2006, 101 of its 265 tournaments were held in southeastern lakes. FLW requires the host community to provide support for the tournament which includes a buy-in and some in-kind services. The premier Stern Series tournament costs between $35,000-50,000 for the buy-in, there must be a 100,000sqft convention center within 20 minutes of the ramp, a Wal-Mart within 45 minutes of the ramp and at least 500 hotel rooms within 20-45 minutes of the ramp. DAYTON, TN HAS NONE OF THIS.

Tournament Needs and Amenities Desired:
There are many similarities with each ramp visited, but the following are necessary to attract national, regional and local fishing tournaments:
• An adequate supply of appropriate sized fish year-round
• The ability to launch three or more boats simultaneously and ramps usable lowest lake levels
• There must be adequate level parking (paved, gravel or grass) for up to 150 trucks and trailers
• There must be good lighting at the ramp and parking area
• There should be a dock to accommodate 10-50 boats for anglers and/or co-anglers to access the
boat after the car is parked
• Ramps need to be in a centralize location on the lake
• A large flat area (~100ft x 100ft) for weigh-in trailers and tents
• A convenience store either en-route to the ramp facility or on-site
• Stands for spectators
• Restrooms and security at the facility during tournaments are not required, but appreciated
• Facility should be easily accessible to the interstate
• Distance from accommodations should be a short (20-30 min) and comfortable ride
o Moderate accommodations ($50-70/night) are most utilized
o Some will utilize cabins and RV grounds
o Most tournaments require 10-270 rooms
o The largest tournaments require up to 500 rooms
o Accommodations MUST have electrical outlets to charge boat batteries
• There should be reasonably prices restaurants, grocery stores and gas stations which are easily
accessible and open early to accommodate participants
• Coupon books for local establishments are considered beneficial
• Local organizers should be easy to work with and accommodating

DAYTON, TN IS PAYING THE BULK, IF NOT ALL, THE CASH NEEDED TO HOST AN ELITE FISHING TOURNAMENT THAT IS BEING HOSTED TO WHAT RESULT? THE RAMPS ARE INADEQUATE, THERE IS NOT ADEQUATE REQUIRED PARKING, NO ROOM TO DOCK UP TO 50 BOATS, NO STANDS FOR SPECTATORS, DAYTON IS AT LEAST 40 MILES FROM THE NEAREST INTERSTATE, DAYTON HAS NO MAJOR FOOD ESTABLISHMENTS, DAYTON DOESN'T HAVE ADQUATE HOTEL ROOMS. THIS "ELITE" TOURNAMENT NEEDS TO BE FULLY EXPLAINED AND THE SECRECY OF THE "FINANCIAL DETAILS" BE DISCLOSED SINE "PUBLIC FUNDS" ARE USED TO FUND THIS ELITE EVENT.
who owns the boatdock

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

I read this story and in the story Mike Neal says that this tournament was already put in place before he BOUGHT the boat dock. Can someone tell us if the city spent 100K building the boat dock and handed it over to him or did Neal just rent the building for $500 every 4 months?
wanta know 2

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

How much rent does the sheriff pay the city or did the sheriffs boy buy the boat dock, which is it
Well

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

The original post said one of the requirements for a tournament of this type was a WalMart within 45 minutes of the ramp. Then the person said, "DAYTON HAS NONE OF THIS." When you go to the Dayton WalMart, do you ride a turtle? Also, when is this tournament to be held? A lot can happen between now and then. I agree there won't be a big convention center here by then, but a few of the things could probably be in place. And why is it 'Dayton/Chattanooga'? I don't fish so I really don't have any dogs in this fight. Just thought I'd chime in.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Events Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fitchburg Knights of Columbus Lobster/Clam Bake... Mon Karen 2
Community Calendar, Aug. 21 to Aug. 30 Aug 23 CNN Wolf is so fu... 2
Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum: 2014 Septembe... Aug 19 isabelle riggs 2
Suisun council considers smoking ban at public ... Aug 18 Birds Landing Bob 5
Media Release: Flood information available this... Aug 16 2very different C... 1
PHOTOS: Cheerleaders, Pointer Sisters, and the ... Aug 12 NOM s Waffle House 3
The AGO Expands Its Horizons With New First Nat... Aug 9 Art 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Events People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••