Quincy Village Council notes

Apr 20, 2013 Full story: Peak Of Ohio 30

The Village of Quincy Council was presented a list of delinquent utility users. All users listed were atleast two months past due.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Thanks for nothing

Sidney, OH

#21 May 22, 2013
So according to the rado website, both levies in Quincy have failed. Thanks for nothing to all of those who voted no. How do you expect our town to survive?

Even with all the income tax money we get, it is not enough money. Say goodbye to all the conveniences citzens get. It is sad. We try so hard and you people are concerned about a couple hundred dollars, if that. You could cut out your cable channels or eaing out, but all you think about is yourself, not the town. SMH
Sandy

Marengo, OH

#22 May 22, 2013
According to the Board of Election both levies have failed. They are conducting a recount because the vote has remained a tie. Again thanks to all that supported our Village and voted yes. Thanks to all those that voted no because you have a right to your opinion also. The votes have been very close on all the levies so not everyone wants to see our Village fall apart. No discussion has been held to put the levies back on the ballot so the people non supporting our town win. Hope everyone uses those extra bucks wisely. The Village has more important things to deal with now to keep everything going. We no longer can support our utilities and rely on the General Fund. Those days have now passed. Our water fund is not supporting itself and the General Fund can not be counted on for support. Therefore, you guessed it a water rate increase is in the works. Other issues are becoming apparent and without the funds to help with the issues something will have to give. Our Council has agreed to do whatever it takes to keep on going. We are not rolling up the sidewalks, moving into Miami Township, or annexing ourselves into DeGraff. Any ideas stop by and give it a shot. Well that is enough for now. Everything is final and changes will be what they are for us all. Good luck to everyone and best wishes to all. Sandy Ward, Fiscal Officer, Village of Quincy
bull crap

Sidney, OH

#23 May 22, 2013
The water fund is not supporting itself? So when you raise it people are not going to pay it, the town is really going to be far ahead.

Again, from what I have heard, jobs are being farmed out that can be done in house. Money being paid out that doesn't need to be. No wonder the fund isn't supporting itself.

Let the town go to the township so the township can handle the finances. I am betting there will be plenty of money then.
bull crap

Sidney, OH

#24 May 22, 2013
Go ahead and punish the residents because the leaders cannot be fiscally responsible. Let the town go to the township if the leaders can't make it work with the money they are alloted. It shows that they don't really care.
growup

Centerburg, OH

#25 May 22, 2013
ask your mayor who ran it in the ground.
bull crap

Sidney, OH

#26 May 23, 2013
Ran what in the ground? The Ball Assocation? Who was it? You seem to know The mayor can't waste time on petty things like that. He and the council have water bills to raise and new ways to punish reidents while sill spendng as usual.
Sandy

Marengo, OH

#27 May 23, 2013
My oh my. Bull Crap you seem to know so much and want to point fingers at everyone but yourself. It seems that you feel that the Quincy Council is not fiscally responsible. This accusation is legal issue that should be turned over to the Attorney General's office and allow for an investigation into what type of ficall responsibility that the Council has violated. I don't understand where you get the idea the Council is punishing anyone. Each member of Council, the Mayor, and all Village Employees will have to pay the same increase. We are citizens of the Village of Quincy. We pay utilities, income tax, and all the rules apply to all citizens! NOT JUST YOU! If the Village Council did not care they would not be on Council. Those positions are elected positions. Voted on by the people that live in this community to represent them. Since you know so much about this town being ran in the ground, when was the last time you saw an increase in utility rates of any kind? I haven't noticed you mentioned the new water filtration, the work that is being done to increase the quality of our water. I could go on and be as critical of you as you are this Council but I won't. I know better. How do you know the township could do the job better? Do you know their financial situation and how their money is managed? When was the last time you reviewed the money being spent, what it is spent for, or why it is being spent? That information is all available by reviewing financial statements that your Council reviews each month twice a month. No One has been to my office or a Council meeting to ask those questions so how do you know of what you are speaking? Well anyone with questions feel free to ask. The Village spent over $8,000.00 on an audit of books for 2010 and 2011 and did not cite fiscal irresponsibility of any type. This is a State of Ohio required audit and that report is available at anytime on the Auditor of State website as I have stated before. Hey Hey the fun begins again! If not one thing then another. That is my job! Thanks! Sandy Ward
HeyYo

Mount Vernon, OH

#28 Jun 4, 2013
Im not going to get into the whole "why Quincy only has 2 teams" Bottom line is NOBODY is at fault for the down numbers..most especially the former board members of the QSA..if folks are so concerned..then you should ATTEND meetings..if not your opinion will NEVER be taken seriously and you will be considered a loud mouth that doesnt know what he/she is talking about (aka "growup")
Bull Crap

Sidney, OH

#29 Jun 4, 2013
You are correct. I don't know that the township could do better, I doubt they could do worse. As for the filtration system. Go to any restaurant in the area and you can hear all the details. People talk. Is it correct? Who knows. But the info gets out there somehow. I have heard about it at the Quincy restaurant and at several in the DeGraff area. We old men like to gossip. That is true.
Bull Crap

Sidney, OH

#30 Jun 4, 2013
HeyYo wrote:
Im not going to get into the whole "why Quincy only has 2 teams" Bottom line is NOBODY is at fault for the down numbers..most especially the former board members of the QSA..if folks are so concerned..then you should ATTEND meetings..if not your opinion will NEVER be taken seriously and you will be considered a loud mouth that doesnt know what he/she is talking about (aka "growup")
My grand younguns say that kids have different priorities for the summer than what they use to have. There are more things to do. Has nothing to do with how the QSA is or has been ran. Times change, people change. What goes around comes around. It will pick up again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Events Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Beat of Our Drum - a Youth... Fri some need be drum... 1
News Crestwood First Party holding fundraiser for up... Mar 24 IL Politicians ar... 3
News Members Shoot Hoops for a Cause Mar 17 Le Jimbo 1
News Sundance 2015: Robert Durst profiled in HBO doc... Mar 12 Fresh Blood 1
News Commons internet server system temporarily prev... Mar 12 MP Diane Finley 1
News SCDNR holding annual antler measuring sessions Mar 9 Cody22 2
News More bone chilling Halloween events across S. O... Mar 7 Martha 1
More from around the web