Fireman's fair starts Monday in Keyport

Fireman's fair starts Monday in Keyport

There are 7 comments on the Asbury Park Press Online story from Jul 13, 2008, titled Fireman's fair starts Monday in Keyport. In it, Asbury Park Press Online reports that:

The 42nd annual fireman's fair will be held from 7 to 11 p.m. Monday through Saturday at Fireman's Park on West Front Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asbury Park Press Online.

“Obama = Corruption”

Since: Dec 06

Keyport N.J

#1 Jul 31, 2008
Some of my fondest childhood memories are from the fair. Truely a piece of Americana.

Stony Point, NY

#2 Jul 13, 2011
how can we be part of the festivities. We are a Keyport Business and would like to sell Gelato and zeppoles.

Since: May 11

Matawan, NJ

#3 Jul 14, 2011
Jon, There is already vendors selling those things and we are under contractual obligation that there can be no duplicate vendors. Sorry.
Rupert Hiltonburg

Keansburg, NJ

#4 Jul 10, 2012
I lived on the bay for like 4 years in my car and I never even realized there was a fair. I for one am applauded that the public doesn't make these "fairs" knowledge to the homeless, oh well beer tents where it's at;) Tuenchi!
More Data PLEASE

#5 Jul 20, 2012
If there are "vendors" (plural) selling the things that Jon wants to sell, wouldn't that mean you already have duplicate vendors? Why are you discriminating against local Keyport businesses, unless you are running some kind of scam? Sounds to me like a special prosecutor should be assigned to look into what is going on with this Fair, since from the looks of it it isn't "fair" at all!

Since: May 11

Matawan, NJ

#6 Jul 26, 2012
It works like this, the ride vendor comes with certain vendors that travel with them (johnny zepole, etc). Under contractual agreement those who hire this ride vendor agree that they will not have duplicate retailers of the same foods. This has nothing to do with the Fire Dept. and it is not unique to any one ride group,all ride groups travel with certain food vendors.

Anyone can sell foods that do not compete with foods already on the fairgrounds. For years we had Big Harley's BBQ (local guy.
What If

#7 Jul 27, 2012
they didn't call them zepoles, but instead called them "Italian Fried Dough" stands? A loophole that could maybe be expolited to help the hardworking business people of Keyport? As Obama says, they didn't build that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Events Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Engine Masters 2015 Kicks Off with a 700hp Hemi Oct 5 Arrasado 1
News Hope in High Heels events in Burlington, Oakvil... Sep 29 Ron 1
News Spin for Limbs Ride, Walk, and... Sep 27 where Halton bike... 1
News Bruce Trail Halton Hills... Sep 27 Charles 1
News Spend the weekend with your family at these loc... (Feb '13) Sep 25 Fart news 7
Middlesex County Career Fair Sep 23 ctdol 1
News Supermoon on September 28: A 'blood moon' that'... Sep 20 Observation 1
More from around the web