The 'Other' STD: Syphilis in Gay & Bi...

The 'Other' STD: Syphilis in Gay & Bi Men

There are 75 comments on the EDGE story from Mar 30, 2014, titled The 'Other' STD: Syphilis in Gay & Bi Men. In it, EDGE reports that:

Gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men accounted for 75 percent of all U.S. syphilis cases in 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Harris

New York, NY

#1 Mar 30, 2014
Gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men accounted for 75 percent of all U.S. syphilis cases in 2012.

What other men? If a man has sex with a man he's either gay or bisexual.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Mar 30, 2014
Harris wrote:
What other men? If a man has sex with a man he's either gay or bisexual.
No no no no no
Bejeebers! Where do you clueless virgins get these cockamamie ideas from?
Sex orientation has nothing whatsoever to do with the physical attribute of being a bottom
67% of all men can achieve prostate anal orgasm regardless of what sexual orientation they may have
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3 Mar 30, 2014
Amazing. The gay male population is estimated a 4%. This means that :

12.6 million gay/bisexual men are responsible for 75% of new cases.
The other 301.3 million are responsible for 25%.
This is mind boggling. HIV figures are about the same.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4 Mar 30, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
67% of all men can achieve prostate anal orgasm regardless of what sexual orientation they may have
True or not, why would they want to?
Harris

New York, NY

#5 Mar 30, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
No no no no no
Bejeebers! Where do you clueless virgins get these cockamamie ideas from?
Sex orientation has nothing whatsoever to do with the physical attribute of being a bottom
I said men that have sex with men. I'm not talking about men who stimulate their own prostate or have women stimulate their prostate. I'm referring to men who have sex with men. And again, men who have sex with men are gay or bisexual. Straight men do not have sex with men. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#6 Mar 30, 2014
Wondering wrote:
The only thing that's mind boggling is that even the threat of contracting a fatal sexually transmitted disease wasn't enough to get people to simply wear a condom.

I remember when herpes was considered the worst possible thing ever because you had it for life, and people STILL didn't wear condoms.

Then came HIV, and 30+ years later too many men STILL aren't wearing condoms.

Gonorrhea, Syphilis, Hepatitis C, Herpes, HPV, and HIV.

Still not enough reason to wear a condom?

Sorry, but at this point you deserve whatever you get.
Harris

New York, NY

#7 Mar 30, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Correct. And I emphasize your last sentence. The overwhelming majority of HIV and AIDS cases today are gay and bisexual men. But the liberals and queers will lie and say that's not true. The CDC says it is true.

Tawas City, Michigan

#8 Mar 30, 2014
Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
I said men that have sex with men. I'm not talking about men who stimulate their own prostate or have women stimulate their prostate. I'm referring to men who have sex with men. And again, men who have sex with men are gay or bisexual. Straight men do not have sex with men. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
Who are you to say straight men don't have sex with men?

Gay or bi or straight are just self-identification labels.

If someone who self-identifies as straight has sex with men, they're still straight.

THEY identify their sexual orientation, not YOU.

Tawas City, Michigan

#9 Mar 30, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
True or not, why would they want to?
Because some find it pleasurable.

Tawas City, Michigan

#10 Mar 30, 2014
According to the article, nearly HALF of those who got syphilis last year were already HIV positive.

Hmmm, I detect a pattern of poor decision making...

Tawas City, Michigan

#11 Mar 30, 2014
Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. And I emphasize your last sentence. The overwhelming majority of HIV and AIDS cases today are gay and bisexual men. But the liberals and queers will lie and say that's not true. The CDC says it is true.
Actually it's about 60% of new HIV cases are among MSM. That's not what I'd consider an "overwhelming majority", but considering the nature of sexually transmitted diseases and HIV in particular, it's not surprising that a disease which started in the US in primarily gay men remains primarily in the gay male community.

Gay men tend to have sex primarily with gay men; straight men tend to have sex primarily with straight women. Which is why in Africa where HIV began primarily in the heterosexual community, it remains primarily in the heterosexual community. It's the nature of sexually transmitted diseases.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#12 Mar 30, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's about 60% of new HIV cases are among MSM. That's not what I'd consider an "overwhelming majority", but considering the nature of sexually transmitted diseases and HIV in particular, it's not surprising that a disease which started in the US in primarily gay men remains primarily in the gay male community.
It is an overwhelming majority when you consider the estimate for MSM is 4%.
4% responsible for 60%.
96% responsible for 40%.
Then one has to consider where/how the 96% got HIV to begin with. It can be traced back to an infected gay or bisexual somewhere along the line.
Harris

New York, NY

#13 Mar 30, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you to say straight men don't have sex with men?
Gay or bi or straight are just self-identification labels.
If someone who self-identifies as straight has sex with men, they're still straight.
THEY identify their sexual orientation, not YOU.
So if a man only has sex with men and not women but he identifies as straight then he's straight. Yeah that makes sense. The ridiculousness of the liberal mind never ceases to amze me. People are defined by what they do, not what they say.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#14 Mar 30, 2014
Wondering wrote:
The GAY and GAY-leaning population is 83%
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
Rework your calculations
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#15 Mar 30, 2014
Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
So if a man only has sex with men and not women but he identifies as straight then he's straight. Yeah that makes sense. The ridiculousness of the liberal mind never ceases to amze me. People are defined by what they do, not what they say.
A GAY MAN is needed to give a straight man an anal orgasm. Nobody else can do it
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#16 Mar 30, 2014
Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
A GAY MAN is needed to give a straight man an anal orgasm. Nobody else can do it because straight men do not erect for men; and women have no penis
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#17 Mar 30, 2014
Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
16,500 people with HIV die in America every year; mostly from old age or natural causes
43,500 people die in AUTO accidents every year in America
So HIV is more than twice as safe as AUTO
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#18 Mar 30, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
The GAY and GAY-leaning population is 83%
BWAHAHAHAHA!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#19 Mar 30, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
16,500 people with HIV die in America every year; mostly from old age or natural causes
43,500 people die in AUTO accidents every year in America
So HIV is more than twice as safe as AUTO
Double BWAHAHAHAA!
I see you weren't a math fan.
Almost everyone drives. Only 4% are gay or bisexual men.

In 2011 there were 253,108,389 registered vehicles on out roads.
http://www.rita.dot.gov/bts/sites/rita.dot.go...
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#20 Mar 30, 2014
Imagine if you were gay and drove!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Epidemic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LGBTQ Activist Cleve Jones: 'I'm Well Aware How... 2 hr JEFFRY Helms 15
News Drug epidemic stalls HIV decline in whites who ... Nov 30 Captain Yesterday 14
News PM Trudeau to champion women and girls in Liber... Nov 26 travel time 1
News Ebola scare over, Liberian immigrants lose righ... Nov 25 Wildchild 1
News Heroin, opioid fight is 'job No. 1' of Pa.'s ne... Nov 22 silly rabbit 1
News UPDATE 1-Canadian lab worker possibly exposed t... Nov 9 Winnipeg 1
News US President-Elect Donald Trump has said vaccin... Nov 9 VACCINES CAUSE AU... 1
More from around the web