Blytheville doctor loses license

A Blytheville doctor prescribed excessive amounts of drugs to five people, including one who died, and will no longer be allowed to practice medicine in Arkansas, the state Medical Board decided. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I know Both

Little Rock, AR

#33 Sep 11, 2007
I know people who went to her - some with chronic pain, more with chronic addiction. Not to the drugs she supplied, but to meth and crack. They would sell their scripts and then buy illegal drugs with the proceeds. It's sad for those who really do suffer. Now they have to fight for relief all over again.
madman3

Atlanta, GA

#34 Sep 11, 2007
This doctor has a really good heart and if a patient said they were hurting she believed them. You do realize her husband committed suicide so she has tried to mske sure anyone that need help got it.

Since: Sep 07

Blytheville, AR

#35 Sep 24, 2007
I sat and read each comment before deciding to comment myself. You see my mother was a patient of hers from when she first arrived in Blytheville until she first lost her license. She never over medicated her, and in fact was the first physician in Blytheville to really listen to her complaints about her health and really get her tested to find out the "root" of her problems. My mother was a CNA who took care of us and other people all my life until she was injured trying to stop a patient from hurting herself in a fall.

Initially she was treated with monthly steroid injections, and electric shock treatments. Then after they didn't work she was put on mild pain medications because she couldn't take NSAIDS due to chronic gastric problems. No one ever told us that the steroids would make her bones brittle and break until she went the Doc.

She was so caring to her patients that in 2002 I took a job in her clinic.(Not her home, the one located on the Airforce Base) During that time I witnessed a doctor that cared so much about her patients that we sometimes had to tell her that she had to move on to the next patient because she had been in a room for over 30-45 minutes.

Her downfall was being too trusting, but believe me when we witnessed patient behavior that was indicatitive of drug seeking they were immediately divorced from the practice. She has a good heart and really cares and the reason she cares so much is because of her own health and her late husband and the suffering he endured till death. There are drug seekers within any doctors office. If not, why were so many of the patients that she is supposed to have over-medicated caught up in scams involving prescription drugs and other doctors. The older white couple that were arrested maybe a week or so ago for selling drugs were former patients of hers and clearly the drugs they were recently selling couldn't have been prescribed by her.

“RadicalDudette”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#36 Sep 30, 2007
reetz1960 wrote:
Holy sh*t, I read what she prescribed one patient. 100 Xanax, 120 methadone, 80 Loricet, and 50 Oxidodone. The patient died 5 days later!!
This lady is a great example why people are dying and people blame it only on the methadone!!
Reetz
Reetz-

Since I cannot pull up the article, I am using your posts for my comments.

Where are the pharmacists when they fill these
prescriptions?

Do the people fill them at different pharmacies
or do they get them from a special pharmacy?

If a person like me that does not have insurance
and refills my Klonopin too soon, the pharmacist
will let me know. If I had insurance, it definitely would not be filled.

When I worked at a hospital in Brevard, NC and a
"known" drug abuser came through the ER with
a case of pain, the nurse would notify hospitals within a 200 mile radius. This would at least let the drs know that this person was making rounds.

Some of the drugs (loricet and oxycodone) would make the average person vomit. The amount is nothing compared to the xanax and methadone.

And if the person had alcohol involved, there was no hope.

That is the saddest story I have read.

I hope the drs names are kept on file at all the local hospitals. Maybe we need to get a national
drug line where the drs name can be entered just
as bad drivers through the NCIC.

MM

“If you Believe,You can Achieve”

Since: Dec 06

Madison, WI

#37 Sep 30, 2007
MM,
That was a great post, and I agree totally.
Reetz

“Asheville”

Since: Jul 07

Asheville

#38 Sep 30, 2007
what we need is a national full and complete medical record system that is tied to every hospital, pharmacy and doctor office.

(i better not say that to a conservative though.. it sounds too much like people giving up rights to privacy and i am liable to be stoned.)(just like they dont want a national gun registry which would cut down on unregistered and illegal guns.)

“Asheville”

Since: Jul 07

Asheville

#40 Sep 30, 2007
well.. it would still be on a "need to know basis"... just like it is now. even though soomeone ges into the ER for a problem, only staff with DIRECT contact is allowed to open the e-file records. anyone else does it and it is 1st offense termination.(at least here it is.)

a national database would save lives in that if someone has heart problem and then hits the ground while on vacation in FL.. then thre would be a ware to get instant access to records and Rx history to complete better care.(still fully secure and encrypted..) it would also do away with rug seekers who go "doctor shopping" etc..

nationwide medical records are coming... you just wait... and thank god I won and plan to keep my General Electric stock. they are the leader in the field.

too many lives can be saved with this, and too many drug seekers will have a harder time sliding through the cracks and running up medical bills at every ER in the state with no intent to pay them.

“RadicalDudette”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#41 Oct 2, 2007
I disagree wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like communism to me..I have a right to my privacy & may not want particular people to have access to all my records...such a family member who may work at a pharmacy that I use...I don't want them having access to my medical records. It should be on as needed basis only as it is now.
The HIPAA law will take care of that. But it is also a way to protect families, drs. and pharmacists from un-necessary grief and blame if a person is over-prescribed drugs.
guest

Blytheville, AR

#46 May 21, 2013
Jon Redner wrote:
MAPS you sound like a real druggie always you guys who cry about you horrible pains but OH it will get better if you give me some nioce pills!!!
You don't fool anywaone. Everyone roughs out pain with strong over the counter meds when needed and mybe a tiny bit of alchahol on a 3x per month basis on reaally bad days(without mixing both)
worms like you had a taste of how happy you feel on a cancer patients or hernia' or burn victim's drug, now make excuses all you life to get those opiates for you "terrible aching back" Shut up you whiniing lil, bitch Image we had men like you fighin are wars back in the early 19000's when you need to loose a leg for a shot of morph?.
We's all be Nazi's if they were wimps like you back then
From your spelling your taking something more powerful than a dr. can prescribe, or you are just stupid, or both!
guest

Little Rock, AR

#48 May 22, 2013
Wow. You pulled up a 6 year old post just to tell someone they were stupid. Thanks for the glimpse into your feeble mind.
guest

Little Rock, AR

#49 May 22, 2013
guest wrote:
Wow. You pulled up a 6 year old post just to tell someone they were stupid. Thanks for the glimpse into your feeble mind.
And you replied back lol funny I guess you're as feeble as I am
Guest

Trumann, AR

#50 May 22, 2013
guest wrote:
Wow. You pulled up a 6 year old post just to tell someone they were stupid. Thanks for the glimpse into your feeble mind.
If this is the female doctor I think you are speaking of, she is deceased.
luvantiques7

Blytheville, AR

#51 May 22, 2013
Jon Redner wrote:
MAPS you sound like a real druggie always you guys who cry about you horrible pains but OH it will get better if you give me some nioce pills!!!
You don't fool anywaone. Everyone roughs out pain with strong over the counter meds when needed and mybe a tiny bit of alchahol on a 3x per month basis on reaally bad days(without mixing both)
worms like you had a taste of how happy you feel on a cancer patients or hernia' or burn victim's drug, now make excuses all you life to get those opiates for you "terrible aching back" Shut up you whiniing lil, bitch Image we had men like you fighin are wars back in the early 19000's when you need to loose a leg for a shot of morph?.
We's all be Nazi's if they were wimps like you back then
First of all you need to learn how to spell, secondly you must be on something even dr's cant prescribe! Your just a stupid idiot pissed off because you got turned down for disability! But theres hope! Judging by your little misspelled, misguided rant, you are probably elegable for a nut check, so try,try again!
luvantiques7

Blytheville, AR

#52 May 22, 2013
In most of the cases where people are bad mouthing, its usually because she wouldn't give them the drugs they wanted!
Take for instance a dr. on 6th street, they call him Prozac pete because no matter if you were in a train wreck that's what he will give you!
The sad fact most dr.'s are on one end of the spectrum or the other, they are company dr.s that tell you nothing is wrong with you so they can get their bonus' from the companies they work forand they prescribe Prozac and such because the drug companies give them yearly bonuses, and then you have dr.s that really care that want to help people that indeed get taken advantage of because any dr. will tell you, only you can really know if you are in pain or not, Thank god I see a dr. that doesn't put up with all that and drug tests once a month!I think they all should be required to do so and report any ill findings as well as kick the patient out! which is what my dr. does, lol.
mitchell goods

Franklin, TX

#54 May 23, 2013
who cares what she writes scrips for she a honest church going lady keep writing ....good woman
Truth

Trumann, AR

#55 May 23, 2013
Curious wrote:
I tried to open the full story but the link must be broke. What's the name of the doctor that did this?
It was Dr. Butler.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kennedale police told about a meth deal gone ba... 12 min the ex 21
News Acadiana Crime News: Acadia jailer accused of s... 1 hr center 3
News Officer finds drug in man's buttocks at jail 2 hr Guest 9
News Petaluma City Council OKs tough smoking ban (Jan '13) 3 hr Jodie McLean 75
News Shillington gym owner busted on drug charges 14 hr JuiceNtheGym 1
News Gym Owner Accused of Selling Steroids, Cocaine 14 hr JuiceNtheGym 1
News As Pain Pills Change, Abusers Move To New Drugs (Jul '12) 14 hr Healing 11
More from around the web