Summerville officers confiscate phones, make 23 arrests

There are 62 comments on the Rome News - Tribune story from Oct 31, 2009, titled Summerville officers confiscate phones, make 23 arrests. In it, Rome News - Tribune reports that:

Incoming text messages intercepted by the Chattooga County Sheriffa s Department and the City of Summerville Police Department caused the arrest of 23 people this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rome News - Tribune.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
mary

Maryville, TN

#1 Oct 31, 2009
Great Jobs guys.
casual observer

Tunnel Hill, GA

#2 Oct 31, 2009
congratulations.imagination,ha rd work and teamwork.job well done

Since: Jan 09

Hartwell, GA

#3 Nov 1, 2009
I would like to say.. creativity at it's best. Go Chattooga and Summerville.. maybe one day we will be able to use our officers/deputies to just do prevention and protection. As a community we need to rid the town of the drugs and the people that sell them.

Excellent Job...
whatsnewstoyou

Hamilton, AL

#4 Nov 1, 2009
Kudos!
bull crap

Maryville, TN

#5 Nov 5, 2009
A phone is someone's personal property. Can they enter your house witthout a warrant? Can they tap your phone, with out a federal warrant? But they can just get into your cell-phone and do what ever. If you try to buy drugs on a cell-phone, it is a felony but if they offer to sell drugs on a cellphone it's okay. Cmon, josh brock is just an idiot, and even the judge that set the bonds said, "well this won't get to far" Josh is an idiot who has his favorites, and loves to pit one against the other. He shouldn't now or never be a police officer.
Got out aint comin back

Madison, TN

#6 Nov 5, 2009
a judge in chattooga who assumes drug arrests won't go far? i see not much has changed. if the cellphone that is being used is not the cellphone of the person going to trial, then the person going to trial can not object to an illegal search of a phone that doesn't belong to him. It's called "Standing". The dumbass judge should read his law book and quit consulting with bob cook.
Motley

Maryville, TN

#7 Nov 5, 2009
A confiscated cell phone can be used by police
if it was confiscated during commission of a
crime. Whose sided are you on, anyway?
The drug dealers who corrupt and destroy our
communities,or the cops who try to make a
difference ?
Just because you have personal issues with
Brock doesn't mean you should lambast him
on this site. He's doing his job.
You sound like someome eho has an axe to grind
with local police. Lighten up.
jojo

Dalton, GA

#8 Nov 5, 2009
Who was the judge that set the bond?
Motley

Maryville, TN

#9 Nov 5, 2009
jojo wrote:
Who was the judge that set the bond?
Bound to be either KCCG, TM, or DJ.
Can't see DJ making a comment like that.
TM is usually generous with his opinion.
KCCG .... what can I say ?
whatsnewstoyou

Fayette, AL

#10 Nov 5, 2009
If you want to know why drugs are such a cancer in Chattooga, you don't have to look further than the lawyers and judges. Slap those little druggie hands and send them on to their business. Dealers and traffickers. Who are the silent partners in these drug cartels? Who are the real Money Men? Who are these people making their fortunes on our children and families' addictions?
whats it to you

Chatsworth, GA

#11 Nov 5, 2009
WAY TO GO Summerville PD!! Get those drug dealers and users off our streets and protect our children!!!
JustMe

Santa Barbara, CA

#12 Nov 8, 2009
Well first off people its bull cuz these cops had no right doing what they did but second these people deserved to get caught if they are dumb enough to text about it but lay off josh brock he is a really good guy and officer he is not twisted and dirty like most of them he has a huge heart if you got a problem with him dont waste everyones time talkin bout it on here.
Josh Brock

Dade City, FL

#13 Nov 11, 2009
first off i am dirty,crooked and whatever else you wanna call me. i used to suck dick behind bi-lo in summerville and rossville, I brought the purple xannax back from mexico. My partner ronnie bean signed for my package and then had my teammates bust him from a fed-ex truck.now i just wanna bust everyone who like to smoke pot,i take thier smoke and share it with mr.jackson's wife whenever she will float a boat with me. I help billy joe dooly bring the best powder back from texas when he brings new cars into our town.my boss gets his cut from it all so he keeps his head turned. we party so hard over at the chiefs house looks like a blizzard came threw. we like ruling just about every murder a suicide so we do not have to waste time investigating it.
jackson

Trion, GA

#14 Nov 12, 2009
dang, co, is this another screen name of tw? the murder/suicide and everybody's crooked thing surely makes me go hummmmm.....
casual observer

Tunnel Hill, GA

#15 Nov 12, 2009
jackson wrote:
dang, co, is this another screen name of tw? the murder/suicide and everybody's crooked thing surely makes me go hummmmm.....
the shoe does seem to fit
jackson

Trion, GA

#16 Nov 12, 2009
that dammable ol' lawyer!!! he's behind all this!! you just wait. one of these days.....
Citizen

Rome, GA

#17 Nov 12, 2009
first off i am dirty,crooked and whatever else you wanna call me. i used to suck dick behind bi-lo in summerville and rossville, I brought the purple xannax back from mexico. My partner ronnie bean signed for my package and then had my teammates bust him from a fed-ex truck.now i just wanna bust everyone who like to smoke pot,i take thier smoke and share it with mr.jackson's wife whenever she will float a boat with me. I help billy joe dooly bring the best powder back from texas when he brings new cars into our town.my boss gets his cut from it all so he keeps his head turned. we party so hard over at the chiefs house looks like a blizzard came threw. we like ruling just about every murder a suicide so we do not have to waste time investigating it.,....
hahahahahaha somebody knows there facts!!! thats a little scary but o so true!!!!!!!!! Love it!!
Citizen

Rome, GA

#18 Nov 12, 2009
Josh Brock wrote:
first off i am dirty,crooked and whatever else you wanna call me. i used to suck dick behind bi-lo in summerville and rossville, I brought the purple xannax back from mexico. My partner ronnie bean signed for my package and then had my teammates bust him from a fed-ex truck.now i just wanna bust everyone who like to smoke pot,i take thier smoke and share it with mr.jackson's wife whenever she will float a boat with me. I help billy joe dooly bring the best powder back from texas when he brings new cars into our town.my boss gets his cut from it all so he keeps his head turned. we party so hard over at the chiefs house looks like a blizzard came threw. we like ruling just about every murder a suicide so we do not have to waste time investigating it.
this is great!!! made my day!!!!
manoninside

Maryville, TN

#19 Nov 12, 2009
sounds like a meth head that 's been busted by brock
Citizen

Rome, GA

#21 Nov 12, 2009
far from a Meth head, never tried it in my life, thanks, but I know for a fact some of the info in the post is true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3 Arrested after Pike Co. Traffic Stop Leads to... 1 hr Jesus Christ 1
News Pieces of suspected drug lab found at Henderson... (May '11) 2 hr smh 14
News 17 people indicted in alleged meth-trafficking ... (Dec '11) 2 hr monique rogers 32
News Jehovah's Witness and her baby die after she re... 3 hr little lamb 141
News Atlantic Beach man who twice drove high on hero... 6 hr Anonymous 2
News Busted: Drug dealer arrested after texting officer 10 hr Spotted Girl 2
News Bristol Palin shares son Instagram pic on day o... 11 hr Tazo 1
More from around the web