Ray Travis gets 10 years in prison for involvement in Pittman murder

Aug 19, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newton Daily News

Newton resident Ray Robert Travis, who pleaded guilty to a reduced charge in the October 2007 stabbing death of 19-year-old Jerry Alden Pittman II, will spend at least seven years in prison before he is ...

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of43
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
JFJ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

They will rot in HELL .
JFJ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

They will rot in hell !
amanda

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

I'm sure you're an ugly tweeker loser like the rest of the town. Ps. nice name "Jimmy". Parents might as well have named you condom. That whole town of Newton should just hang themselves. Cause who the hell gives a fart in the wind what you say loser. pffffffffffttt.. hahahahaha you make me laugh.
jimmy wrote:
all of them will burn in hell anyways so who give two shits about any of them. amanda you're probably a white trash ho. so go hang yourself and hopefully your friends will too while they're in jail.
I
someone near by

Newton, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2011

i know all these people who are involved in this case even jerry. i went to school with these people and see them or their loved ones everyday. everyone makes their own choices in life but honestly which one of you people who are being so harsh in your judgement can say you have never made a bad decision that in someway hurt someone else? if not physically but mentally? weather wrong or right walk a mile in their shoes before passing such a harsh judgement of someone else. im not condoning anything what they did was beyond wrong but unless you were there at the time nobody will ever know the true real side of nything
truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

Were you people at the tial? Do you know what happened that night? Do you know the role ray ray played? No? Well I was present for all of it. Here's some facts. That angel jerry pitman was a drug dealing addict, police informan, thief, notorious before his death for a string of roberies most of which he commited against friends that ppl seem to ignore b.c of the violent way he died. At the trial not one positive character witness cld be presented. They were not at pittmans house to rob him, they were there b.c he robbed them. They wanted there rightfull drugs instead tyler got a pvc pipe to the face. Tyler and justin chased caught then murdered jerry pitman. Ray saw what they were doing and ran away. Then he turned himself in. The only thing he's guilty of is befriending 2 psycos. The police are the ones to blame for not arresting pittman rather than letting him snitch his way out and for not puting oberhart in a paded room at birth.
JFJ

Burlington, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

hey Truth ,you're not even close to the truth.Ray Travis testified that he beat Jerry Pittman. Check your facts !!
this guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2012

I know tyler ray justin courtney and mishana ame in my book they aré pos. Justin an tyler got girls pregnant then went and did what they did. Great fathers huh? And no mishana is having a baby? Karma comes for us all. Thry all should have got life sentances rather than reproducing and bringing more ppl like them in this world.
anonimous

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

I would bet had jerry not been a con he would still be alive. Sometimes you have to look at what caused those people to kill him. Jerry is just as guilty as those others but people seem to think hes not because hes dead and you aren't suppose to talk about bad about dead people. Jerry started this whole situation by selling grass clippings. So for all the people who have hate for what these people did to jerry remember that jerry initiated the situation by selling fake illegal drugs. Its unfortunate that jerrys life was ended and not the person who ended it but that is how our society is. So for everyone attacking the people who did the murder stop and think about why these people wanted to kill jerry. Not that its right but Jerry should have never put himself in that situation.
sickened

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Blaming the victim,how disgusting.Obviously you don't know the meaning of the word murder. There is NO justification for murder.
anonimous

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Theres no justification for being a con either. If i hurt someone i expect consequences murder might be a little far but still i deserve consequences for hurting another person. This wasn't a random killing. there were reasons they did what they did and the biggest influence was the fact that they got ripped off. Had this not had happened, there would have been a different outcome. Im not defending anyone im just pointing out that this crime could have been avoided altogether.
sickened

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

If you were in the courtroom for both of the trials you would have your facts straight ,obviously you weren't .
anonimous

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

my facts are straight. The only fact im pointing out is that had the grass clippings not been sold as marijuana then this violent murder probably would have been avoided. Is it premediated murder absolutely. but for someone to have so much blame for someone else doing something to them they really need to step back and try to understand the circumstances behind why those people chose to do what they did. You can never control someone elses actions. You can only control yourself and when you conduct yourself negatively to someone there can be some extreme consequences. Its so easy to blame someone else for things, but who really is to blame?
sickened

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

You obviously think that what you read in the newspaper about this case are facts. You're an idiot talking gibberish.
anonimous

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

you obviously think what you hear in the court rooms are factual as well. So your saying grass clippings were never sold as weed?
anonimous

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

your right they just decided to kill jerry with no motive to do so. Your a lunatic and need to accept the fact that jerry was killed because he deliberately tried to rip off one of his friends. Jerry therefore was a shady person. I would never rip off my friends like that and if i did i would expect consequences to follow. I wouldn't blame someone else for the consequences caused by my own actions. You can only control yourself and no one else.
sickened

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

smh.....have a nice day.
anonimous

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

sorry to sound so harsh i just think people need to understand that you can only control YOURSELF and no one else. There are a lot of crazy people out there.
brandon dugas

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

I love u kourt
brandon dugas

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

screw these ppl ive spent the last 5 years of my life with kourtney hummel and I no the real her so I just want to say to you baby .... I love you no matter wht ppl say or think about you .. your a angel in my eyes and aways will be. and u gave me kayson our son and you have grown so much as a woman and a mother u make me sooooooo fuckin proud . I loooovvveeeee u baby kiss or son for me please tons of love hope to see you soon kiss kiss kiss love love love ,,, your truly mississippi
brandon dugas

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

what goes around comes around

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of43
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Drugs Forum right now

Search the Drugs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Medical use of drugs has value; recreational us... 11 min Velvet MJK 8
Three arrested after meth lab found 13 min Fly open 2
Help! How do I stop smoking pot? (Oct '12) 14 min Velvet MJK 78
Two arrested in raid of Lehighton meth lab 20 min HAHA 1
Owner accused of selling drugs at party story (Oct '09) 25 min Brian Adam 102
Cops: Florida official hid meth pipe in rectum 1 hr ADAM THE MACHO LIFEGUARD 5
Akron Alcohol Drug Rehab Launches New Residenti... 2 hr Duke for Mayor 3
•••
•••