Parents facing charges after 3-year-old apparently overdoses on pills

There are 3 comments on the Apr 16, 2013, Kingsport Times story titled Parents facing charges after 3-year-old apparently overdoses on pills. In it, Kingsport Times reports that:

The mother of a 3-year-old boy who nearly died after apparently overdosing on her medication last month was formally charged Friday with child neglect/endangerment. The charge wasn't pertaining to solely the drug overdose, however, but also due to the residence occupied by three small children allegedly being filthy and infested with insects ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kingsport Times.

Caroline

Kingsport, TN

#1 Apr 19, 2013
This is awful! There has to be people or at least one person....a neightbor, family member, anyone, who knew about the conditions those poor children were living in. Why would they not report it?!
Abby

Kingsport, TN

#2 Apr 30, 2013
I hope that poor baby is ok and won't have any permanent damage from this. I agree with you Caroline....how could anyone let these poor children live like this! I heard the father was charged with child abuse/neglect back in 2011 as well.
Caroline

Kingsport, TN

#3 May 12, 2013
Wow. I'm not sure what the dad got, but the mom got a year of probation and 96 hours of community service. The paper didn't mention parenting classes, which I am hoping she has to go to. What the heck?! Her child almost died due to her negligence, not to mention that all 3 of her children were living in filth and all she gets is a slap on the wrist. It's crap like this that has caused me to lose all faith in the judicial system!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Overmedicating Alabama veterans at VA hospitals... (Nov '13) 2 hr VIETNAM VET 7
News Amanda Malloy remembered as 'Renaissance woman' (Nov '08) 5 hr Bruce Isselbaecher 35
News Suspect sought in robbery of drug store (Nov '10) 10 hr person of interes... 6
News Rochester man convicted of drug conspiracy 12 hr FTW Forever 2
News Fort Bend Drug Dealer Draws 250 Year Prison Sen... 15 hr Wet Flatus 2
News Addiction program offers at-home treatment 15 hr HumanSpirit 1
News Police: Burger King worker sold meth at drive-thru 17 hr Ga Girl 56 4
More from around the web