5 arrested in Gilbert area

Oct 3, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Williamson Daily News Online

The West Virginia State Police and the Gilbert Police Department joined forces Sunday evening and conducted a traffic stop at Ned's Branch Road that quickly yielded more arrests than they originally foreseen happening.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
dhc

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 3, 2012
 
First of all, your writer needs a grammar class. Secondly, someone needs a geography lesson. Last, but not least, this entire article is so bass ackwards with the actual facts that it's a hair from being a work of fiction.

“God Bless America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 4, 2012
 
dhc wrote:
First of all, your writer needs a grammar class. Secondly, someone needs a geography lesson. Last, but not least, this entire article is so bass ackwards with the actual facts that it's a hair from being a work of fiction.
What are the actual facts? Please enlighten me.

“God Bless America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

4

1

1

I am curious as to why Attorney Jennifer Taylor got out of jail so quickly and Bailey has to stay in. Seems to me if she's his friend that she, being a lawyer, could have arranged bail for him.
I am also curious as to why she left a high paying job in Florida as the Assistant State Attorney for a tiny practice in this area. I heard there’s heavy drug trafficking coming from Florida to Mingo County so could it be she’s working for the Feds? Sounds like a set up to me. The drug trafficking needs to be stopped and I commend her for that if that’s what she’s doing. All the drug pushers in Mingo County need to be jailed for life so they can’t destroy any more lives.

“God Bless America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 7, 2012
 
dhc wrote:
First of all, your writer needs a grammar class. Secondly, someone needs a geography lesson. Last, but not least, this entire article is so bass ackwards with the actual facts that it's a hair from being a work of fiction.
Forgot to mention I agree with you about the writer needing grammar lessons. I've noticed that many reporters aren't as good as they should be regarding that.
umm

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 7, 2012
 
Josh is not still in jail. He has been out for days now.
conspiracytheori st

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Mickie, you sound like a concerned friend, so I understand your response. Most of the ppl in mingo co. are ignorant jerks who love to throw shade when someone successful makes a mistake....but in this case I think they could be onto something. Taylor is a smart girl who I could very much see taking down the drug pushers of the area. Her brother is also a cop. Hmmm....very interesting.

“God Bless America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 7, 2012
 
umm wrote:
Josh is not still in jail. He has been out for days now.
That's interesting. Any idea who arranged bail and posted bond?

“God Bless America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 7, 2012
 
conspiracytheorist wrote:
Mickie, you sound like a concerned friend, so I understand your response. Most of the ppl in mingo co. are ignorant jerks who love to throw shade when someone successful makes a mistake....but in this case I think they could be onto something. Taylor is a smart girl who I could very much see taking down the drug pushers of the area. Her brother is also a cop. Hmmm....very interesting.
For what police department does her brother work?
curious

Gilbert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 7, 2012
 
dhc wrote:
First of all, your writer needs a grammar class. Secondly, someone needs a geography lesson. Last, but not least, this entire article is so bass ackwards with the actual facts that it's a hair from being a work of fiction.
Curious what you mean about a geography lesson. It says Gilbert area, Neds branch is pretty close, I would consider it to be in the Gilbert area.
they wont go away

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Logan wrote:
I am curious as to why Attorney Jennifer Taylor got out of jail so quickly and Bailey has to stay in. Seems to me if she's his friend that she, being a lawyer, could have arranged bail for him.
I am also curious as to why she left a high paying job in Florida as the Assistant State Attorney for a tiny practice in this area. I heard there’s heavy drug trafficking coming from Florida to Mingo County so could it be she’s working for the Feds? Sounds like a set up to me. The drug trafficking needs to be stopped and I commend her for that if that’s what she’s doing. All the drug pushers in Mingo County need to be jailed for life so they can’t destroy any more lives.
First off Jennifer did not get out as quick as u think it was the following night I know bc I was also in jail at that time I didn't know her, but my parents stopped on the way up the hill coming back down they asked me if I knew who she was and I said no it was only later after reading the paper and seeing her mug shot that I recognized her. Second, ur living in a very idealistic society if u believe drugs will never go when they lock up one two more will pop up there are way too many people who either need medication or just simply want to get high. All people aren't the same and all dealers aren't either I agree that people should held accountable for their actions against other, but in victimless crimes what is the point? Also the reporter who wrote the article does need a lesson in grammar and alot of what was said was not right I was there that is not what happened at all. It is almost complete fabrication based on very few facts all that is a factual statement is they (or we) were arrested, but they can really charge people with whatever they want and that is not right I do not know why Jennifer being a lawyer would even let them open the box without a search warrant which she didn't open it Josh did it had a combination on it and she told them that she did not know the combination and then Josh turns around and opens it. And those boys didn't stop and ask Chris Boren anything and none of them came from where u think. That is the sad part how they want to make it like so much went on that day when nobody had dope or anything else. What Jennifer and Josh had were not controlled substances and nobody had any drugs. Someone who is on the needle will always have one on them. I believe in free needle exchange not so much for the users but it may save ur children live it is a proven fact that cities that participate in these programs have a lower rate of disease such as HIV and Hepatitis C.

“God Bless America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

they wont go away wrote:
<quoted text>
First off Jennifer did not get out as quick as u think it was the following night I know bc I was also in jail at that time I didn't know her, but my parents stopped on the way up the hill coming back down they asked me if I knew who she was and I said no it was only later after reading the paper and seeing her mug shot that I recognized her. Second, ur living in a very idealistic society if u believe drugs will never go when they lock up one two more will pop up there are way too many people who either need medication or just simply want to get high. All people aren't the same and all dealers aren't either I agree that people should held accountable for their actions against other, but in victimless crimes what is the point? Also the reporter who wrote the article does need a lesson in grammar and alot of what was said was not right I was there that is not what happened at all. It is almost complete fabrication based on very few facts all that is a factual statement is they (or we) were arrested, but they can really charge people with whatever they want and that is not right I do not know why Jennifer being a lawyer would even let them open the box without a search warrant which she didn't open it Josh did it had a combination on it and she told them that she did not know the combination and then Josh turns around and opens it. And those boys didn't stop and ask Chris Boren anything and none of them came from where u think. That is the sad part how they want to make it like so much went on that day when nobody had dope or anything else. What Jennifer and Josh had were not controlled substances and nobody had any drugs. Someone who is on the needle will always have one on them. I believe in free needle exchange not so much for the users but it may save ur children live it is a proven fact that cities that participate in these programs have a lower rate of disease such as HIV and Hepatitis C.
Thank you for the information about Jennifer’s release.
Contrary to what you stated,.I, unfortunately, live in a very realistic world, not an idealistic one. Considering the deplorable state of our society, It would be nice to have such a place where one could escape from the vile conditions brought about by the grossly immoral people, drug users, abortionists, etc. Drugs are destroying our country and drug users don’t have the intelligence to care about it or the self-control to stop destroying themselves.

You’re right in saying that all people aren’t the same, for some are more stupid than others. Anyone who is ignorant enough to take drugs and ruin his brain just for the thrill of getting high is an idiot and should be locked up for his own protection.
Are you actually calling drug use and drug pushing victimless crimes? If so, I won’t ask if you’re on something, for you must be. How can you believe such a thing when you know that drugs are killing people every day, thanks to the criminal drug dealers and the stupidity of illegal drug users? The DEA needs to swoop down on the drug users in Mingo County and put an end to the misery caused by this cancer.

Needing medication for illness is not the same as illegal drug use. All drug dealers are the same, for none of them cares what will happen to those who buy their drugs and how many die from them as long as they make money from their victims. They aren’t just pushing drugs; they’re destroying lives and killing people in what you call victimless crimes. They should be locked up for life.
As for the free needle exchange programs, that does nothing but prolong and promote the use of illegal drugs. Drug users need help to stop using drugs, not assistance in continuing their addictions.
they wont go away

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Also I mentioned those who have been perscribed the medication for a reason bc alot of them run out and they do not want to be ill so they do participate in buying elsewhere from what I have been told.Also some people were prescribed this medication for a reason such as a car accident and when they are cut off of the medication they seek it elsewhere. It isn't so much for the feeling bc actually u really don't fell anything from them they only keep u from being sick after a point.Most people I know who do use drugs are older have jobs or some sort of income and do not bother people nor commit crimes against people such as stealing. Education is the answer people have to understand why they do what to do and how to do what they do so they won't die they need to be taught how to be a functioning addict and if they can not do that then they need to stop and go into long term treatment for atleast 6 months. I have never been an IV drug user but I do take the time to talk to them and try to understand why they do what they do and unfortunatley I have seen some people who did used to "shoot dope" begin to do so I do try to talk them out of it and would never support that choice.I,however,can not tell someone who has been doing that for a long peiod of time they almost become unreachable after a point and it is very sad. Most people who start doing this or drugs in general starts in the home or with peers. Trust me dealers aren't trying to recruit new users and I know some who tell people who have not tried drugs to never do so and will refuse to let them have anything but a lecture. The reason I support clean needles or a needle exchange program isn't so much for the user. They are going to use anyway untill they reach theri bottome and decide that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I do have children and I would hate for them to go out with someone who is "on the needle" but does not tell them what if a young girl 15 or 16 sleeps with an IV drug user and ends up with HIV or HEP C that would be devestating considering she never used drugs and now has a life altering and eventually a life ending disease. It is for those that I support these types of progrrams. There are many things that we could do and programs that we ould use that would help save the lives or our children, decrease the crime rate, and keep those who aren't on drugs from doing so. For those that have already become addicts there are also programs that can be used to keep them safe.. I,too, would like to live in a society where it is safe for our children to play and you can go on vacation without wondering if you will have things stolen while you are gone. I do not agree with stealing at all. People can work find a job to support ur habit and pay ur damn bills first. For those that can't then someone needs to step in and help them with their finances and only give them a certain amount of money each day this will keep them from having to steal and lowers the chances of overdose. While medication is available and manufactured people will continue to use and will in time develop a chemical dependence although they may not go as far as all out ADDICTION a dependence on these substances will occur with long term use.As I stated earlier I do respect ur opinion and I do know where ur coming from I guess u and I live in two seperate world within a society I guess I am part of a subculture that some will never understand, but I do try to enlighten and give insight into my world. Again for those who have never used they need to keep it that way. I am more interested in keeping the next generation from using. And to keep the ones who are using safe and try to help them learn how to function with their disease and give them resources for help. Go to meetings, learn urself and ur limits and learn a legal way to support ur habit taking from others is wrong.

“God Bless America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

they wont go away wrote:
Also I mentioned those who have been perscribed the medication for a reason bc alot of them run out and they do not want to be ill so they do participate in buying elsewhere from what I have been told.Also some people were prescribed this medication for a reason such as a car accident and when they are cut off of the medication they seek it elsewhere. It isn't so much for the feeling bc actually u really don't fell anything from them they only keep u from being sick after a point.........
.You present an interesting argument but there still is no justification for using illegal drugs. It’s a habit acquired by weaklings who lack self-control. They are usually selfish people who think only of themselves, never caring about the misery they will put their families through by their self-indulgences.

Education is only a part of the solution. It has helped very little and that idea has been promoted for decades as the solution. Education has done a very poor job of solving the problem and while time is wasted on that theory only, drug usage has increased at an alarming rate. Drug dealers are more prolific now than ever before, thanks to all the foolish people willing to indulge in self-destruction and buy the drugs from those human parasites from Hell. Your statement of ”they need to be taught how to be a functioning addict and if they cannot do that then they need to stop and go into long term treatment for at least 6 months” is the usual nonsensical propaganda of those agencies who take Government money and waste it on programs they know aren’t going to work. We don’t need “functioning addicts’ to continue being problems for the rest of us; rather, we need to stop their drug usage so they can get back into the human race. More “medication” isn’t the answer, as is proven by the fact it hasn’t alleviated the situation an iota.
There is a program that’s highly successful in helping drug addicts in becoming free from drugs, and they don’t feed them other drugs or support their habit to help them live with it. It’s called “Teen Challenge” and they have centers in most States. It’s the only organization that has put a dent into the drug trade.

Our children would have never gotten into drugs had their parents raised them properly and the public system hadn’t corrupted their moral values as they have. When this country decided that it no longer needed God and kicked him out of our children’s’ lives, out of our school system and our Government, we as a nation have paid the price, a very high price as evidenced by the terrible condition it now is in . Either we get back to God or our nation has no hope. There wouldn’t be drug problems if our children had been taught godly values.
I understand you feel you are offering help to drug addicts and that’s kind of you; but I am sorry to say your efforts will fail. They have been tried for years and it hasn’t solved the problem. We need to start to stop the endless drug supply by putting an end to drug dealers and their suppliers. All of them should automatically be given life in prison with no parole possible.
sarajane

Collins, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 11, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

Our country is headed back to times similar to the days of the opium dens . We really need to have better control of opium in this country. We used to deal with our broken bones and other injuries without this highly addictive substance, and we can again. Due to the addicts I have seen, I refuse to take pain meds after surgeries or for any reason. And guess what, I survive!
The government needs to get involved, its easier to prevent than to treat....
think

Mount Lookout, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

sarajane wrote:
Our country is headed back to times similar to the days of the opium dens . We really need to have better control of opium in this country. We used to deal with our broken bones and other injuries without this highly addictive substance, and we can again. Due to the addicts I have seen, I refuse to take pain meds after surgeries or for any reason. And guess what, I survive!
The government needs to get involved, its easier to prevent than to treat....
the government is involved they are the #1 supplier
theywont go away

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Logan wrote:
<quoted text>.You present an interesting argument but there still is no justification for using illegal drugs. It’s a habit acquired by weaklings who lack self-control. They are usually selfish people who think only of themselves, never caring about the misery they will put their families through by their self-indulgences.
Education is only a part of the solution. It has helped very little and that idea has been promoted for decades as the solution. Education has done a very poor job of solving the problem and while time is wasted on that theory only, drug usage has increased at an alarming rate. Drug dealers are more prolific now than ever before, thanks to all the foolish people willing to indulge in self-destruction and buy the drugs from those human parasites from Hell. Your statement of ”they need to be taught how to be a functioning addict and if they cannot do that then they need to stop and go into long term treatment for at least 6 months” is the usual nonsensical propaganda of those agencies who take Government money and waste it on programs they know aren’t going to work. We don’t need “functioning addicts’ to continue being problems for the rest of us; rather, we need to stop their drug usage so they can get back into the human race. More “medication” isn’t the answer, as is proven by the fact it hasn’t alleviated the situation an iota.
There is a program that’s highly successful in helping drug addicts in becoming free from drugs, and they don’t feed them other drugs or support their habit to help them live with it. It’s called “Teen Challenge” and they have centers in most States. It’s the only organization that has put a dent into the drug trade.
Our children would have never gotten into drugs had their parents raised them properly and the public system hadn’t corrupted their moral values as they have. When this country decided that it no longer needed God and kicked him out of our children’s’ lives, out of our school system and our Government, we as a nation have paid the price, a very high price as evidenced by the terrible condition it now is in . Either we get back to God or our nation has no hope. There wouldn’t be drug problems if our children had been taught godly values.
I understand you feel you are offering help to drug addicts and that’s kind of you; but I am sorry to say your efforts will fail. They have been tried for years and it hasn’t solved the problem. We need to start to stop the endless drug supply by putting an end to drug dealers and their suppliers. All of them should automatically be given life in prison with no parole possible.
Education is the answer it isn't working bc ppl refuse to educate themselves. I am highly intelligent yet I am on "dope" I work and ppl would be surprised if they knew my true identity it isn't propaganda when u live it. My efforts have yet to fail. I work with addicts on a daily basis. We are an oft misunderstood and misrepresented subculture of society. Trust me when I tell u that u only think u have a serious problem. I have been where just making it to the bus stop is no small feat ppl will kill steal and prostitute that is why I am for legalization and control. IT wont go away just pray that meth and heroin do not make it here. It isn't about being weak. Some of the addicts I have met are by far the strongest ppl I Know.A weaker person would not still be able to live. There is a strength, humbleness, humility, and vulnerabilty, that they will never show u. They aren't as one dimensional as u would like to make it seem. They are also people with parents, and children, and jobs, and responsibilities. They are all around u and u do not even realize it. WE ARE EVERYWHERE I do not need locked up for my own protection I Can take care of me and mine just fine. NO welfare no foodstamps no help from anyone and I work everyday have a nice home and two nice rides. I do not need ur approval.
theywont go away

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Education is the answer it isn't working bc ppl refuse to educate themselves. I am highly intelligent yet I am on "dope" I work and ppl would be surprised if they knew my true identity it isn't propaganda when u live it. My efforts have yet to fail. I work with addicts on a daily basis. We are an oft misunderstood and misrepresented subculture of society. Trust me when I tell u that u only think u have a serious problem. I have been where just making it to the bus stop is no small feat ppl will kill steal and prostitute that is why I am for legalization and control. IT wont go away just pray that meth and heroin do not make it here. It isn't about being weak. Some of the addicts I have met are by far the strongest ppl I Know.A weaker person would not still be able to live. There is a strength, humbleness, humility, and vulnerabilty, that they will never show u. They aren't as one dimensional as u would like to make it seem. They are also people with parents, and children, and jobs, and responsibilities. They are all around u and u do not even realize it. WE ARE EVERYWHERE I do not need locked up for my own protection I Can take care of me and mine just fine. NO welfare no food stamps no help from anyone and I work everyday have a nice home and two nice rides. I do not need ur approval.
theywont go away

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 13, 2012
 
sarajane wrote:
Our country is headed back to times similar to the days of the opium dens . We really need to have better control of opium in this country. We used to deal with our broken bones and other injuries without this highly addictive substance, and we can again. Due to the addicts I have seen, I refuse to take pain meds after surgeries or for any reason. And guess what, I survive!
The government needs to get involved, its easier to prevent than to treat....
they have legalized opium its called oxycontin it is synthetic heroin.

“God Bless America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

theywont go away wrote:
Education is the answer it isn't working bc ppl refuse to educate themselves. I am highly intelligent yet I am on "dope" I work and ppl would be surprised if they knew my true identity it isn't propaganda when u live it. My efforts have yet to fail. I work with addicts on a daily basis. We are an oft misunderstood and misrepresented subculture of society. Trust me when I tell u that u only think u have a serious problem. I have been where just making it to the bus stop is no small feat ppl will kill steal and prostitute that is why I am for legalization and control. IT wont go away just pray that meth and heroin do not make it here. It isn't about being weak. Some of the addicts I have met are by far the strongest ppl I Know.A weaker person would not still be able to live. There is a strength, humbleness, humility, and vulnerabilty, that they will never show u. They aren't as one dimensional as u would like to make it seem. They are also people with parents, and children, and jobs, and responsibilities. They are all around u and u do not even realize it. WE ARE EVERYWHERE I do not need locked up for my own protection I Can take care of me and mine just fine. NO welfare no food stamps no help from anyone and I work everyday have a nice home and two nice rides. I do not need ur approval.
You say you are highly intelligent and yet you’re on dope. I have to disagree with the intelligent part of your claim, for a highly intelligent person would have the wisdom to refrain from self-destruction. You spend time in jail, apparently, due to your intentionally acquired addiction and you call yourself intelligent? It seems we have different definitions of the word, for there is nothing intelligent about allowing oneself to be controlled by a drug.

You aren’t in the position to work with addicts, for you can’t be objective since you have the same addiction your “clients” do.
It most definitely is “about being weak”, for it is a weakness when you allow yourself to be controlled by an inanimate object. If, as you stated,“There is strength, humbleness, humility,” then how is it that you allowed yourself to get involved with drugs? You’re deceiving yourself and those you attempt to help, for you display no strength when you allow yourself to take a drug you know is killing you; and there is no “humbleness or humility” in your actions.
If, indeed, you are in a “high position”, that is a shame you use that position to promote the continued use of drugs, for that’s what you’re doing when you advocate the kind of “help” you do.
You need God, not a drug
theywont go away

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Oct 14, 2012
 
Logan wrote:
<quoted text>You say you are highly intelligent and yet you’re on dope. I have to disagree with the intelligent part of your claim, for a highly intelligent person would have the wisdom to refrain from self-destruction. You spend time in jail, apparently, due to your intentionally acquired addiction and you call yourself intelligent? It seems we have different definitions of the word, for there is nothing intelligent about allowing oneself to be controlled by a drug.
You aren’t in the position to work with addicts, for you can’t be objective since you have the same addiction your “clients” do.
It most definitely is “about being weak”, for it is a weakness when you allow yourself to be controlled by an inanimate object. If, as you stated,“There is strength, humbleness, humility,” then how is it that you allowed yourself to get involved with drugs? You’re deceiving yourself and those you attempt to help, for you display no strength when you allow yourself to take a drug you know is killing you; and there is no “humbleness or humility” in your actions.
If, indeed, you are in a “high position”, that is a shame you use that position to promote the continued use of drugs, for that’s what you’re doing when you advocate the kind of “help” you do.
You need God, not a drug
let me clarify as I have misrepresented myself. I am currently clean and sober and have been for awhile. Yes, I have suffered a relapse before yet I have the tools and education to not let drugs control me. I will always be an addict that will never change. I can not change my past only my future. And I respectfully disagree with your opinion on this topic. I work very hard to keep stronger drugs away from this area. I do not like to see young people destroy their lives. Yet, there are others that seem to function just fine. They have never been arrested, have jobs or incomes and do not lie and steal. Just as you can not say every one from West V. is the same all addicts are not the same either. True that some people I will probably never understand and truth be told they would lie cheat and steal whether they were on drugs or not they just use their addiction as an excuse which is pitiful. Whatever happened to them they need to get over it. It isn't always self destructive behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••