Illegal aliens may lose of some Medicare benefits; crackdown estimated to save $70 million

There are 20 comments on the Washington Times story from Jan 8, 2014, titled Illegal aliens may lose of some Medicare benefits; crackdown estimated to save $70 million. In it, Washington Times reports that:

Federal health officials vowed this week to crack down on illegal immigrants who get Medicare - signaling that one part of the Obama administration believes it has authority to deny taxpayer-funded benefits going to those in the country without authorization.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Jan 8, 2014
Wooooooooooo hoooooooooo.I said this would happen, foodstamps next.get out.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jan 8, 2014
Look 70 million here alone, now cut all other benefits we are good to go.no medical or foodstamps it is illegal to use american tax dollars to feed illegals.obama knows that.
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#3 Jan 8, 2014
I am insulted more than usual when I see it written in plain view... Medicare shouldn't even be given to illegals anyway. The fact that 50 million Americans are on food stamps and out of work, and we're paying for Medicare too illegal aliens, makes me sick... If we would quit giving these losers anything, they would self deport. Romney had it right. Stop giving them anything. My tax dollars aren't for illegals. I cannot stop paying tax's, but I can vote anyone out that keeps giving them what they haven't earned.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#4 Jan 8, 2014
The headline is odd, if they can't receive the benefits legally why make it sound like they're "losing" them? Makes it sound like they were previously entitled to such benefits.

How will the far Right spin this into blame of Obama, I wonder, since it's something they wail about all the time?
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#5 Jan 8, 2014
wild child wrote:
Look 70 million here alone, now cut all other benefits we are good to go.no medical or foodstamps it is illegal to use american tax dollars to feed illegals.obama knows that.
Which is why he's doing something about it, obviously. Why are you whining?
American Lady

DrÝbak, Norway

#6 Jan 8, 2014
ronnie wrote:
I am insulted more than usual when I see it written in plain view... Medicare shouldn't even be given to illegals anyway. The fact that 50 million Americans are on food stamps and out of work, and we're paying for Medicare too illegal aliens, makes me sick... If we would quit giving these losers anything, they would self deport. Romney had it right. Stop giving them anything. My tax dollars aren't for illegals. I cannot stop paying tax's, but I can vote anyone out that keeps giving them what they haven't earned.
I agree in full ! You sound hot . Have you ever done it with a few dobies ? I can drain every bit of man milk out of you real fast hun.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Jan 8, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why he's doing something about it, obviously. Why are you whining?
never should of happen, illegals dont get benefits.its illegal to use tax payers money to feed illegals, he know that.this will all be over soon.then I wont be whining lol anymore.oh and no amnesty will pass.we will cut the foodstamps.you will never hear a peep out of me again .goodbye to the illegals.
poncho

Hendersonville, NC

#8 Jan 8, 2014
No chalupas and refried beans for me. that's no bueno! im going back to mexico. adios gringos!
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Jan 8, 2014
poncho wrote:
No chalupas and refried beans for me. that's no bueno! im going back to mexico. adios gringos!
adios.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#10 Jan 8, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why he's doing something about it, obviously. Why are you whining?
Shut it and get out!
tomin cali

United States

#11 Jan 8, 2014
ronnie wrote:
I am insulted more than usual when I see it written in plain view... Medicare shouldn't even be given to illegals anyway. The fact that 50 million Americans are on food stamps and out of work, and we're paying for Medicare too illegal aliens, makes me sick... If we would quit giving these losers anything, they would self deport. Romney had it right. Stop giving them anything. My tax dollars aren't for illegals. I cannot stop paying tax's, but I can vote anyone out that keeps giving them what they haven't earned.
thats not all they get. in my town it was pointed out that a sick illegal has his wife taking care of him at 10 bux an hour and said no other care provider could do it so neither gets deported,we again are robbed
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Jan 8, 2014
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut it and get out!
yet an other name fungus, haha

“The End Of America Coming Soon”

Since: Dec 07

Welfare State

#13 Jan 9, 2014
The mere fact that we are having a discussion about non-citizens receiving taxpayer benefits shows how much trouble this country is in.

There should be no question or no issue to debate here...period.
No taxpayer money or resources should ever benefit people here in violation of our laws.

As American families struggle with limited resources in a sluggish economy, I think we are finally seeing evidence of people realizing the strain that years of uncontrolled illegal immigration has put on us all.

The only solution to put an end to this mess once and for all, is to enforce the rule of law to the fullest extent...no exceptions. Creating new laws when we haven't been enforcing the laws we already have is ridiculous. If they are here illegally and they are caught for whatever reason, they are sent home. Eventually, they would get the message and leave on their own.
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#14 Jan 9, 2014
medicare to illegal aliens? what the hell are they doing getting medicare to begin with? oh, you mean the ones who obtain fraudulent papers that don't get checked out for this type of abuse? like juan from Vero, Fl. Well, according to juan he can get ANY DOCUMENT for the right price. The shameless pig. And in opposing his dishonesty he labels us.... racists!
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Jan 9, 2014
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti wrote:
medicare to illegal aliens? what the hell are they doing getting medicare to begin with? oh, you mean the ones who obtain fraudulent papers that don't get checked out for this type of abuse? like juan from Vero, Fl. Well, according to juan he can get ANY DOCUMENT for the right price. The shameless pig. And in opposing his dishonesty he labels us.... racists!
hi ima juan has new names one of them is ha ha.still as sick as ever and even more disgusting.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#16 Jan 9, 2014
wild child wrote:
<quoted text> never should of happen, illegals dont get benefits.its illegal to use tax payers money to feed illegals, he know that.this will all be over soon.then I wont be whining lol anymore.oh and no amnesty will pass.we will cut the foodstamps.you will never hear a peep out of me again .goodbye to the illegals.
"Illegals don't get benefits." ONE accurate phrase in a pile of illiteracy. Congratulations, you beat the Teabagger average!:)

“Buon Natale e Buon Anno”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#17 Jan 9, 2014
The illegal should have never ever gotten medicare or food stamps period.But the bleeding heart liberals what to feed the whole world on the backs of the American tax prayers.
poncho

Hendersonville, NC

#18 Jan 9, 2014
Airtime wrote:
The illegal should have never ever gotten medicare or food stamps period.But the bleeding heart liberals what to feed the whole world on the backs of the American tax prayers.
Thank you for the food stamps, now I can buy 24inch rims and $2000 dollar sound system for my truck. tell all the Mexicans in your town to move to Hendersonville nc. we live like kings here. work for cash, drive drunk with no id license tag or insurance. when the cops pull us over we get a ticket and never go to court. when we get arrested we make bail move to the next county grow a big frito bandito mustache and blend in with the rest of the beaners,
Oldglory

Banning, CA

#19 Jan 10, 2014
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti wrote:
medicare to illegal aliens? what the hell are they doing getting medicare to begin with? oh, you mean the ones who obtain fraudulent papers that don't get checked out for this type of abuse? like juan from Vero, Fl. Well, according to juan he can get ANY DOCUMENT for the right price. The shameless pig. And in opposing his dishonesty he labels us.... racists!
That's how these illegals and their supporters operate. They can't defend or justify their breaking of our immigration laws and the other crimes they commit to remain here so they just resort to unwarranted name calling of law abiding Americans. It is despicable and shameless.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Jan 10, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
"Illegals don't get benefits." ONE accurate phrase in a pile of illiteracy. Congratulations, you beat the Teabagger average!:)
dont be stupid.is foodstamps and medicad not a beneifit? How would illegals end up on medicare? Your president is out soon.you can all starve, you are leaving soon.I said they should not get them.I did not say they dont.but I did say you will stop getting them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News W.Va. man sentenced to 50 years in Ferrum home ... 57 min I know that scumbag 2
News Police: Search leads to drugs, money, 4 arrests... 1 hr Latricia 3
News 'She said yes!' The moment Bristol Palin accept... 2 hr Tazo 1
News Business serves up more than crawfish after war... 2 hr Guest 141 5
News Domestic Incident, Discovery of 268 Marijuana P... (Apr '11) 3 hr wont go there 33
News Inside SBS's Struggle Street 5 hr somebody elses pr... 1
News Region 8 businesses issued citations for drug p... (Aug '10) 13 hr guest 31
More from around the web