Duarte doctor arrested for alleged drug dealing

Federal drug agents Tuesday arrested a Duarte physician accused in a criminal complaint of essentially using his practice as a drug-dealing operation. Full Story
Concerned Citizen

Pasadena, CA

#22 Feb 11, 2009
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont agree with you. I wanted pills, I wanted the diet pills, I was willing to take the risk to lose weight and he would not give them to me...
Another fat overweight narc.
No name

San Jacinto, CA

#23 Feb 11, 2009
My friend's son has just gone through months of rehab. Where did he get his drugs??? Dr Healy.
Wow

Los Angeles, CA

#24 Feb 11, 2009
I am so sad by what I read about Dr Daniel J Healy - I went to this office for the first time maybe 25 or 30 years ago. I knew his wife ... and saw their children now and then. He was a catholic who practiced his religion, so I am shocked at the allegations against him. I hope they find out that someone else was writing preciptions in Dr Haley's name. He seemed to be a wonderful doctor.
Concerned citizen

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Feb 11, 2009
Dr. Haley is a wonderful man and the best doctor...Like I said before he is a very religious man, I remember when his wife left him and the children many years ago, and he took up the total responsibility. I think she met a truck driver and had an affair on him. Maybe she went back to him after that.....I haven't seen Dr or Mrs Haley in about 15 years. I just know.....Daniel Haley was very straight forward......a good doctor........he treated my small children....who are now 34 years old... and I met his children.

No this can't be true....Dr Haley would never give these prescriptions for the money without checking out his patients.......that is not the Dr Haley I knew 20 years ago, so sad his now has these allegations against him.....I am sure they will find him NOT guilty of these charges. Dr. Haley we are praying for you...and hope the truth comes out. Because when I went to you 25 years ago.....you never pushed any pills on anyone. You are one of the most reliable = honest doctors I have known. I imagine these charges are all false and you will be able to clear up your good name. You will be in my prayer Dr Haley\.
please

Pasadena, CA

#26 Feb 11, 2009
No name wrote:
My friend's son has just gone through months of rehab. Where did he get his drugs??? Dr Healy.
Give me a break.. And what they told you yesterday? If he went through months, then the son would have told someone months ago, seeing that this just occured this week, tells me your friends son is looking to place place the blame on someone who is already being pointed at. He is a doctor, he was not standing on a corner, nor giving it out to kids at 7 11, your friends son may have seen the doctor for a legitimite ailment that required pain medications, and the son got addicted. It would be no different if he saw Dr. Jones at Kaiser and got addicted.
get real people

Monrovia, CA

#27 Feb 11, 2009
I too am a Dr. healy patient. His diet is great Iost 40#. I feel good and look 10 yrs younger.
For that I thank him. He had a fine practice going. All cash payments with umpteen women signing up to look slim and trim. BUT he got greedy (which happens) money and power. This leads to the demise of many. I saw many, many, many men and some women getting their refills and it was always for narcs.. I just ignored it because i was at his office for my food and diet pills. But to say everyone was shocked by this GET REAL we all knew. I have nothing sgainst Dr. Healy he was just providing a service. All you stoners out there I guess you will be detoxing. I wish you luck.
Thankful Citizen

Palmdale, CA

#28 Feb 11, 2009
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather have the drug dealer on the street- at least he is not dressed as a wolf in sheep's clothing or should I say a pill pedler dress in Dr's clothing.
But dont you think its possible that the doc could have made this person into what he was
Wake Up

Monrovia, CA

#29 Feb 11, 2009
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont agree with you. I wanted pills, I wanted the diet pills, I was willing to take the risk to lose weight and he would not give them to me...
YOu didn't offer him money under the table sweetie! Plus he was into the big stuff, pain killers, diet pills aren't anything.
Thankful Citizen

Palmdale, CA

#30 Feb 11, 2009
get real people wrote:
I too am a Dr. healy patient. His diet is great Iost 40#. I feel good and look 10 yrs younger.
For that I thank him. He had a fine practice going. All cash payments with umpteen women signing up to look slim and trim. BUT he got greedy (which happens) money and power. This leads to the demise of many. I saw many, many, many men and some women getting their refills and it was always for narcs.. I just ignored it because i was at his office for my food and diet pills. But to say everyone was shocked by this GET REAL we all knew. I have nothing sgainst Dr. Healy he was just providing a service. All you stoners out there I guess you will be detoxing. I wish you luck.
You hit nail on the head. Right on.
Thankful Citizen

Palmdale, CA

#31 Feb 11, 2009
Wow wrote:
I am so sad by what I read about Dr Daniel J Healy - I went to this office for the first time maybe 25 or 30 years ago. I knew his wife ... and saw their children now and then. He was a catholic who practiced his religion, so I am shocked at the allegations against him. I hope they find out that someone else was writing preciptions in Dr Haley's name. He seemed to be a wonderful doctor.
There was, and he allowed it im sure. He had an illegal doc working there. Anyone who went there knows this.
Thankful Citizen

Palmdale, CA

#32 Feb 11, 2009
No name wrote:
I feel you pain. And I pray people dont die
Wake Up

Monrovia, CA

#33 Feb 11, 2009
please wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a break.. And what they told you yesterday? If he went through months, then the son would have told someone months ago, seeing that this just occured this week, tells me your friends son is looking to place place the blame on someone who is already being pointed at. He is a doctor, he was not standing on a corner, nor giving it out to kids at 7 11, your friends son may have seen the doctor for a legitimite ailment that required pain medications, and the son got addicted. It would be no different if he saw Dr. Jones at Kaiser and got addicted.
It is different! Dr. Healy would give you pills by the bottle every couple of days, we all know if your going through a bottle of pills that quick you have a problem, therefore you don't keep giving them pills just because they give you 65.00 cash! So therefore he did help these people get hooked and he had knowledge of them being hooked. Anyone who doesn't believe he did this needs to know the whole truth, it will come out.
parent

Ontario, CA

#34 Feb 11, 2009
And today the courts said wrote:
So granted I am not saying if he was selling prescriptions on the side to patients who did not merit the need for the medication is valid, but... If he was giving the prescriptions to patients who needed them, then where is he at fault? What if a patient was terminally ill? I am just saying, do we know the facts behind the story?
But then, the courts today in CA said they will want so many thousand inmates released from prison due to overcrowding and lack of care they get in prison. So we will let a street thug, gang banger, rapist, robber go free to open a bed for a Doctor who is taking advantage of his position as a doctor?
Hmm who would I rather on the streets? Again, I dont advocate what he did if he is guilty, but I have seen elderly people going into that office, woman with infants and children, I am sure he does more good than bad..
You have NO idea what your talking about!!!!! I personally know of five families that are in chaos because he continued dealing to their children quantities that can only be abused. When have you ever went to a Dr, and he prescribes you 500 vicodin???? Tired of visiting teenagers in rehab!
parent

Ontario, CA

#35 Feb 11, 2009
Those of you who say Dr, Healey is a caring wonderful man etc... have NO CLUE on what was going on!!!!! I know of five families who their children/teenagers/young adults who purchased LARGE quantities of pain killers from this Angel?? He is the Devil in disguise who took advantage of the youth of the community and created ADDICTS!!! What kind of Doctor gives out 500-1,000 vicodin a week???? isnt it a little weird that these drugs were bought in HIS office and he didnt take Insurance??? I hope he rots in jail!!!!
Some guy in Camarillo

Camarillo, CA

#36 Feb 11, 2009
Dr. Healy was my doctor and good friend when I lived in Duarte. This situation hits me the same way as if the sun came up in the west. My first thought is that somehow someone else in the office was doing this, though the quantities claimed make it hard to understand how it could be hidden.

My belief is that Dr. Healy doesn't have enough desire for extra money to even consider doing anything unusual.

Until the evidence is beyond even unreasonable doubt, I have to think it's someone else using his name.
went there

Los Angeles, CA

#37 Feb 12, 2009
so whats gunna happen, all else aside
DOWN WITH HEALY

Palmdale, CA

#38 Feb 12, 2009
Jessica Nichols wrote:
My husband use to work at Dr.Healy's small ranch, long before his wife left him, she was always wanting to give my husband shots, to keep him from getting colds and she would hand out samples of drugs, as well. I think that maybe the problem. I know Dr.Healy real good, it's not him.
Your right there may have been a puppet master behind him, but he is the doc and he should know better. She saved your mother, but almost killed a lot. Your selfish
lady pac

Diamond Bar, CA

#39 Feb 12, 2009
I worked for this man for two years, and have always thought highly of him. I am in complete disbelief that someone so kind and soft spoken could make this mistake. Dr. Healy has trained me to be the very best nurse I can be. I could ask him anything or have him show me anything I felt I needed and wanted to know. Like the time he let me mold a cast for a broken right leg! For that I'm thankful Dr. Healy. To all the patients, and victims you've hurt I'm apologetic. I just hope that his parents and kids are holding up okay and are in support of him at this time!
I also wish all my former co-workers the very best...the good thing is you all don't have to deal with this anymore guys, be strong and something soo up lifiting will happen soon! To Alma Corella they should have taken you down with him, you need to be under the jail house....God willing you will eventually get there!!!
DOWN WITH HEALY

Palmdale, CA

#40 Feb 12, 2009
Terrible misfortune wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with comment #2. I hope that this nightmare gets sorted out.
WROOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGGG ... the hurt will come foward... Im sure he will people are calling their lawyers as we speak
DOWN WITH HEALY

Palmdale, CA

#41 Feb 12, 2009
Marissa wrote:
Dr. Healy has been my doctor my entire life, he not only diagnosed me with a illness no one else did, he saved my mother's life. I have known this man and his children and he is nothing short of a gentle and caring man. He is an amazing doctor who cares deeply about all of his patients, and I don't believe that he had any bad intentions ever. I hope this all gets sorted out.
He saved you and may have killed others to do so can you live with that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marijuana research projects getting state funding 1 hr DeeDee86 1
Hillsboro Man Arrested for Drug Trafficking 1 hr why 2
Police: Search warrant on Utica apartment yield... 2 hr jowlareus 1
New York Post Calls Jay Z "Ex-Crack Dealer" In ... 3 hr Younohoo 4
Petaluma City Council OKs tough smoking ban (Jan '13) 4 hr congthu 67
Serbian Criminals Hit Headlines Across Globe (May '11) 4 hr Rust 33
Rome woman accused of heroin possession 4 hr still 11
More from around the web