Duarte doctor arrested for alleged drug dealing

Federal drug agents Tuesday arrested a Duarte physician accused in a criminal complaint of essentially using his practice as a drug-dealing operation. Full Story
First Prev
of 59
Next Last
And today the courts said

Pasadena, CA

#1 Feb 10, 2009
So granted I am not saying if he was selling prescriptions on the side to patients who did not merit the need for the medication is valid, but... If he was giving the prescriptions to patients who needed them, then where is he at fault? What if a patient was terminally ill? I am just saying, do we know the facts behind the story?
But then, the courts today in CA said they will want so many thousand inmates released from prison due to overcrowding and lack of care they get in prison. So we will let a street thug, gang banger, rapist, robber go free to open a bed for a Doctor who is taking advantage of his position as a doctor?

Hmm who would I rather on the streets? Again, I dont advocate what he did if he is guilty, but I have seen elderly people going into that office, woman with infants and children, I am sure he does more good than bad..
Disturbed and upset

Chicago, IL

#2 Feb 11, 2009
Dr. Healy is a good, honest and intelligent man. The majority of his patients do not have health insurance and he tries to provide a medical service in spite of this. I'm sure that by ordering medications and distributing them himself as opposed to going through the pharmacies, he is saving his patients hundreds, if not, thousands of dollars. As a doctor, he is not called to be a mind-reader, he does not know what his patients' intentions are when they enter his office. Dr. Healy is not a "drug dealer", he is a person who is attempting to serve the needs of his patients at a cost that is fair to his patients. The problem lies in the health care system, not in a single doctor's attempt to circumvent it. So, yes, he did purchase more painkillers than any other doctor. And, yes, he did sell them to his patients for cash (because they are cheaper than buying them at the pharmacies and the majority of his patients lack insurance to cover the cost). The main point is, Dr. Healy's intention was to help his patients, not hurt them. He is not responsible for "falling for" those patients who sought to obtain drugs through deception or manipulation. Therefore, if you want to persecute someone for something, you should look to those who have actually done something wrong (like the man who held-up Dr. Healy at gun point in December and robbed him and his clinic).
Tertle

Matteson, IL

#3 Feb 11, 2009
I don't even go to doctors anymore. All they are is pill pimps, writing chronic presciptions for normal problems, when upon clearing up, requires them to write a few more for the damages caused by the side effects of the first one....
Terrible misfortune

Camarillo, CA

#4 Feb 11, 2009
Disturbed and upset wrote:
Dr. Healy is a good, honest and intelligent man...
I totally agree with comment #2. I hope that this nightmare gets sorted out.
Been there

Pasadena, CA

#5 Feb 11, 2009
I went into Dr Healy's office to get on his weght control program. I feel I am overweight, though according to the charts I am only 15 pounds overweight. He would not let me get on the diet program/diet food and medications because I did not fit the candidate and said the risks outweigh the benifits, even though I just want to lose weight. My point is, if he would not give me diet pills I doubt he is "Dealing". I concur that most of his patients are cash only bacause they have no insurance..

“I live vicariously through me”

Since: Dec 08

San Marino CA.

#7 Feb 11, 2009
WOW! I always find out too late. Hint to dealers, addicts will rat you out when they get busted.
Jessica Nichols

United States

#8 Feb 11, 2009
Dr. D. Healy has been my Dr. for over 20 yrs. He is a wonderful man and Dr. Wth kindness and always caring and talking to everying that wants to talk about anything. I wouldn't go anywhere else. I know he didn't do this. I rather think the office girls had something to do with thisor the other Dr. He never pushed pills with me, if I had a problem, I had to go see him, and not given any drugs, but for what I needed. You have the wrong Dr.
Cash only

Pasadena, CA

#9 Feb 11, 2009
The other doctor in his practice and the assistants he has I think are behind this.. I too have gone to him when I was sick and needed to be seen same day. He has never pushed pills on me, yes he gave me antibiotics right there in the office to save me money from going to the pharmacy.
Marissa

Thousand Oaks, CA

#10 Feb 11, 2009
Dr. Healy has been my doctor my entire life, he not only diagnosed me with a illness no one else did, he saved my mother's life. I have known this man and his children and he is nothing short of a gentle and caring man. He is an amazing doctor who cares deeply about all of his patients, and I don't believe that he had any bad intentions ever. I hope this all gets sorted out.

“How I feel”

Since: Feb 09

Duarte, Calif.

#11 Feb 11, 2009
My husband use to work at Dr.Healy's small ranch, long before his wife left him, she was always wanting to give my husband shots, to keep him from getting colds and she would hand out samples of drugs, as well. I think that maybe the problem. I know Dr.Healy real good, it's not him.

“How I feel”

Duarte, Calif.

#12 Feb 11, 2009
I know Dr.Healy went to court today, lets give him our blessings, free dear Dr.Healy. I live in Duarte, not W. Covina.

“How I feel”

Duarte, Calif.

#13 Feb 11, 2009
Marissa wrote:
Dr. Healy has been my doctor my entire life, he not only diagnosed me with a illness no one else did, he saved my mother's life. I have known this man and his children and he is nothing short of a gentle and caring man. He is an amazing doctor who cares deeply about all of his patients, and I don't believe that he had any bad intentions ever. I hope this all gets sorted out.
You are sure right the best caring Dr. ever Dr. Healy, he has helped me as well with the same kind of certain illness. I wouldn't be here either.
Wake Up

Monrovia, CA

#14 Feb 11, 2009
Wake UP! DR. Healy, is a drug dealer! I know people who get pills from him every couple of days, mind you they have been in some serious trouble because of it. All you had to do was give him 65.00 and he gave them what they wanted, so you can believe what you think you know of him but we know the truth....
Concerned Citizen

Pasadena, CA

#15 Feb 11, 2009
Been there wrote:
I went into Dr Healy's office to get on his weght control program. I feel I am overweight, though according to the charts I am only 15 pounds overweight. He would not let me get on the diet program/diet food and medications because I did not fit the candidate and said the risks outweigh the benifits, even though I just want to lose weight. My point is, if he would not give me diet pills I doubt he is "Dealing". I concur that most of his patients are cash only bacause they have no insurance..
He probably thought that you were a fat overweight narc.
Concerned Citizen

Pasadena, CA

#16 Feb 11, 2009
And today the courts said wrote:
So granted I am not saying if he was selling prescriptions on the side to patients who did not merit the need for the medication is valid, but... If he was giving the prescriptions to patients who needed them, then where is he at fault? What if a patient was terminally ill? I am just saying, do we know the facts behind the story?
But then, the courts today in CA said they will want so many thousand inmates released from prison due to overcrowding and lack of care they get in prison. So we will let a street thug, gang banger, rapist, robber go free to open a bed for a Doctor who is taking advantage of his position as a doctor?
Hmm who would I rather on the streets? Again, I dont advocate what he did if he is guilty, but I have seen elderly people going into that office, woman with infants and children, I am sure he does more good than bad..
I would rather have the drug dealer on the street- at least he is not dressed as a wolf in sheep's clothing or should I say a pill pedler dress in Dr's clothing.
Drug Store Cowboy

El Segundo, CA

#17 Feb 11, 2009
Damn, why couldn't I have found out about this "Angel of Mercy" before he got busted. I'm constantly on the lookout for a new connection for Powdered "D". Which reminds me, I'm in the market for some new "works", and my points are getting a bit dull also.
Denise F

United States

#18 Feb 11, 2009
It is about time he has been doing shady medical practice in that office ever since he opened in the 80's.
happy Duarte resident

United States

#19 Feb 11, 2009
Dr. Healy has always been a fraud. You could get anything you wanted from him for a fee. All you had to do was call and ask for anything. He belonged in jail years ago. I am so happy!!!!

“How I feel”

Duarte, Calif.

#20 Feb 11, 2009
Gee how do we find out the outcome of Dr. Healy's day in court and then on. The NEWS on T.V. will never tells us, I have never seen it on the news, only NEWS papers. This is making me sick, poor Dr. Healy.
nope

Pasadena, CA

#21 Feb 11, 2009
Wake Up wrote:
Wake UP! DR. Healy, is a drug dealer! I know people who get pills from him every couple of days, mind you they have been in some serious trouble because of it. All you had to do was give him 65.00 and he gave them what they wanted, so you can believe what you think you know of him but we know the truth....
I dont agree with you. I wanted pills, I wanted the diet pills, I was willing to take the risk to lose weight and he would not give them to me...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 59
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Massena man sentenced to prison for cocaine sale 4 hr ha ha 42
Detente spawns Cuban worry on US migration rights 8 hr WE JUST DONT CARE 3
Erie's federal public defender takes Illinois p... 9 hr Taxpayer 1
Can GOP shatter 'Obama coalition' in 2016? 22 hr Zeppelin 1
Ware County deputies find more than 50 pounds o... Thu Django Freeman 1
Teacher, Husband Charged With Allowing Teens To... Thu regurgitating 2
WVSP make Drug and DUI arrest; Other criminal c... Wed bump 4
More from around the web