US: 14-year-old entered NM with 15 pounds of weed

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Alamogordo Daily News 15

U.S. border officials have arrested a 14-year-old boy after authorities said he entered the Columbus, N.M., port of entry carrying nearly 15 pounds of marijuana.

Full Story
BigFoot

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Apr 25, 2012
Does this surprise anyone? I wonder if he was trying to catch a school bus. Of course, we shouldn't be concerned about that.
Just Me

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Apr 25, 2012
Sad to see how these children are being used by the cartels. We don't know if he and his family were threatened. Obviously, the drug dealers are quite desperate as it is becoming harder to get the drugs through.
BigFoot

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Apr 27, 2012
BigFoot wrote:
Does this surprise anyone? I wonder if he was trying to catch a school bus. Of course, we shouldn't be concerned about that.
Yeah, just as I suspected LINK: http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2596524.s... Ridiculous !
hey

United States

#4 Apr 27, 2012
That's why US is going down, becoming a third world country.
Concerned

Mexico

#5 Apr 27, 2012
Sad part is they could hold the boys parents as hostages or even threaten to kill him or his family if they did not follow through.

More then the likely the kid did not plan all this on his own. I guess you would need to look at the kid and talk to him. The way he looks and talks might give you an idea in a lot of instances.
Chico

Mesa, AZ

#6 Apr 27, 2012
From good sources over the years, cartels pressure Deming school children living in Palomas or with families in Palomas to haul drugs for them. If the schools/Border Patrol wanted to stop it would seem to be fairly easy. Announce and then follow through that sniffer dogs will check all students and their buses going to Deming schools from the border.
BigFoot

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Apr 27, 2012
YesterdayI got my Tax Return "Returned"

I was trying to get a jump on doing my taxes this year, however, the IRS sent my Tax Return back!!
I guess it was because of my response to the line, which said: "List All Dependents"
So, I replied:
12 million illegal immigrants
3 million crack heads
42 million unemployable people on food stamps and/or welfare
2 million people in over 243 prisons
and 535 fools in the U.S. House and Senate.
Apparently, this was NOT acceptable...

So I sent it back with a question "Did I forget someone?"
BigFoot

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Apr 27, 2012
Chico wrote:
From good sources over the years, cartels pressure Deming school children living in Palomas or with families in Palomas to haul drugs for them. If the schools/Border Patrol wanted to stop it would seem to be fairly easy. Announce and then follow through that sniffer dogs will check all students and their buses going to Deming schools from the border.
QUESTION: Why the hell do we have "Deming school children living in Palomas" ?
Mary

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Apr 27, 2012
BigFoot wrote:
<quoted text>
QUESTION: Why the hell do we have "Deming school children living in Palomas" ?
They got too crowded living in the Columbus mail boxes.
Joe

United States

#10 Jun 1, 2012
Nah, I'm sure his parents are involved! They all act so god damn innocent but they are just as dirty! The reason they use they're own underage kids is because they're expendable for a few day and right back out of jail!
Concerned wrote:
Sad part is they could hold the boys parents as hostages or even threaten to kill him or his family if they did not follow through.
More then the likely the kid did not plan all this on his own. I guess you would need to look at the kid and talk to him. The way he looks and talks might give you an idea in a lot of instances.
Scanlon

United States

#11 Jun 1, 2012
We should start charging these kids to come to school then the town will turn some revenue!!
BigFoot wrote:
<quoted text>
QUESTION: Why the hell do we have "Deming school children living in Palomas" ?
NEW

Owatonna, MN

#12 Jun 1, 2012
Make marijuana legal lets grow it here tax it like tobacco or alcohol...We would take billions out of cartels pockets and create jobs hee and save hundreds of billions a year for our nation...AND PEOPLE WOULD HAVE SOME OR THERE FREEDOM AND RIGHTS BACK.......
Hector

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Jun 2, 2012
I just don't get it. Mexican weed is yuk. Get your self some excellent N.M. herbs man. I like the price, zero. Grow your own or with a buddie. Keep it light so you won't invite the coppers and you'll be fine.

Since: May 12

Dublin, Ireland

#14 Jun 2, 2012
15 lbs of weed is nothing compared to what I can do with 2 rubber balls and my own balls
just sayin!

Jackson, MO

#15 Jun 2, 2012
NEW wrote:
Make marijuana legal lets grow it here tax it like tobacco or alcohol...We would take billions out of cartels pockets and create jobs hee and save hundreds of billions a year for our nation...AND PEOPLE WOULD HAVE SOME OR THERE FREEDOM AND RIGHTS BACK.......
TOTALLY AGREE! My husband and I have been saying this for years and we don't even partake. Because it seems to be a mellowing drug it would seem to be less of a problem than alcohol. We had prohibition with alcohol and look at the money the government has made off of it since it has been legalized. When it became legal what was the newest toy - maybe televisions. Well now we have I-Pads I think we could stay in touch with growth and changes in our world and get brilliant sell it tax it and stop the illegality of the stuff and it might stop putting all that money in the wrong hands. Especially with how upside down our country is
Right now we need something to
Get things
Turned around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marijuana research projects getting state funding 2 hr DeeDee86 1
Hillsboro Man Arrested for Drug Trafficking 3 hr why 2
Police: Search warrant on Utica apartment yield... 3 hr jowlareus 1
New York Post Calls Jay Z "Ex-Crack Dealer" In ... 5 hr Younohoo 4
Petaluma City Council OKs tough smoking ban (Jan '13) 5 hr congthu 67
Serbian Criminals Hit Headlines Across Globe (May '11) 5 hr Rust 33
Rome woman accused of heroin possession 5 hr still 11
More from around the web