Efforts to relax pot rules gaining mo...

Efforts to relax pot rules gaining momentum in US

There are 214 comments on the WTVG-TV Toledo story from Jun 10, 2012, titled Efforts to relax pot rules gaining momentum in US. In it, WTVG-TV Toledo reports that:

Catharine Leach is married and has two boys, age 2 and 8. She has a good job with a federal contractor and smokes pot most every day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVG-TV Toledo.

Since: Jan 10

Las Vegas, NV

#201 Jun 14, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahha
have you seen that movie "how high"
You gotta laugh sometimes how we can twist already convoluted logic.

No. Haven't seen that movie.

Las Vegas, NV

#202 Jun 14, 2012
Len in NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of all the taxpayer money saved by not having to pay for SWAT/DEA raids on folks with .3 grams of cannabis on them. You'll also save on the rehab bills since folks won't be given the choice of rehab or jail. Also we save money by not incarcerating these folks in the first place. It would also cut down on alcohol consumption so there is less rehab money needed for alcoholics as well.
It all boils down to people accepting responsibility for their actions.

“Good luck with that !!!!”

Since: Dec 10

New York, NY

#203 Jun 14, 2012
Here in Vegas wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, and prohibition takes away that acceptance. Hence, cannabis prohibition should be done away with.
Cat74

United States

#204 Jun 14, 2012
It is bad enough our President brags about using cocaine, and pot, and will again if he makes it legal. That is why we have the epidemic of stupidity in our Government today. They ae all addled on something. He has to legalize pot to get the youth vote back. Can you say October surprise?

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#205 Jun 14, 2012
Here in Vegas wrote:
<quoted text>
You gotta laugh sometimes how we can twist already convoluted logic.
No. Haven't seen that movie.
hysterical stuff, and it totally lends to your weed at school argument.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#206 Jun 14, 2012
Kermudgeon wrote:
Definition of a Democrat: A former Republican who needs health care but lost his insurance.
I love all these, priceless

“Good luck with that !!!!”

Since: Dec 10

New York, NY

#207 Jun 14, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
It is bad enough our President brags about using cocaine, and pot, and will again if he makes it legal. That is why we have the epidemic of stupidity in our Government today. They ae all addled on something. He has to legalize pot to get the youth vote back. Can you say October surprise?
If you've read any of my previous posts, you know that I'm no Obama fan. However, while he talks about it in his book, he doesn't "brag" about it.
The epidemic of stupidity in our gov't is a result of partisan politics and a lack of common sense drug policy brought on by "drug warriors" and those who profit by the status quo.
You're right in that they are addled by something, however, that something is power and the reality that they don't live by the rules or the policies they load on us.
Boo Bee

Ashland, KY

#208 Jun 14, 2012
X Obama supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I imagine Dick Head Cheney would beg to differ with you on that.
WHY would you invoke it's name! >.<

Now i have to have my PC cleaned..........

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#209 Jun 14, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Now, that's a plan! I highly doubt that all he will get is the youth vote.
Grow up. Get a clue.
This says it all

North Tonawanda, NY

#210 Jun 14, 2012
TIN POT DICTATOR OBAMA wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW, dude, Stoned retro hippies could wear their clothes forever without washing them???? KEWL!!!!
WOW, dude, that's some really lame trolling. Did you just finish the "Trolling for Dummies" book? At least say something funny.

The US Navy was using hemp rope in World War II. And the US government actively promoted the "Hemp for Victory" campaign.
This says it all

North Tonawanda, NY

#211 Jun 14, 2012
Here in Vegas wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless they work on Wall Street...

Las Vegas, NV

#212 Jun 14, 2012
This says it all wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless they work on Wall Street...
So Wall Street does something immoral, does that make it OK for you to be immoral?
Cat74

United States

#213 Jun 14, 2012
I bet ther are more examples of moral values on Wall Street then in the Halls of Congress.
Dems suck

Brooklyn, CT

#214 Jun 15, 2012
How about that women left her 5 week old baby in car seat on roof of her car and drove off and did t even hear the car seat fall off the car because she was so high. A person found the baby in the street unharmed in car seat
Silly Goat

United States

#216 Jun 15, 2012
Dems suck wrote:
How about that women left her 5 week old baby in car seat on roof of her car and drove off and did t even hear the car seat fall off the car because she was so high. A person found the baby in the street unharmed in car seat
Idiots will be idiots, does not matter if they are smoking marijuana, drinking beer, texting, or eating cheeseburgers. Ya cant fix stupid.
X Obama supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#217 Jun 15, 2012
After today I really think this will be the topic for Obama's next pathetic attempt at re-election. Let's see.....the LGBT issue, today the immigration issue, next will be the pot issue.

The man has done nothing to improve our economy, actually he's made our debt far worse. He didn't touch the LGBT or illegal immigration issue like he promised to deal with first thing and when he found out he was losing their desire to go to the polls for him in November, all the sudden guess what the begger for votes does???? You watch.....next will be the pot issue.
peck

United States

#218 Jun 15, 2012
X Obama supporter wrote:
After today I really think this will be the topic for Obama's next pathetic attempt at re-election. Let's see.....the LGBT issue, today the immigration issue, next will be the pot issue.
The man has done nothing to improve our economy, actually he's made our debt far worse. He didn't touch the LGBT or illegal immigration issue like he promised to deal with first thing and when he found out he was losing their desire to go to the polls for him in November, all the sudden guess what the begger for votes does???? You watch.....next will be the pot issue.
I hope your right. If he promises to support putting an end to marijuana prohibition he will without a doubt win my vote! If not, then I'll be voting for a 3rd party candidate.

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#219 Jun 15, 2012
X Obama supporter wrote:
Sounds like a plan to me! Legalize, regulate, and tax it and then bring on the millions of year-round, 24/7 jobs it would create.
Sick of Stupid

Ames, IA

#220 Jun 15, 2012
Yeah there will be jobs.
There are plenty of tobacco jobs
Tons and tons of alcohol jobs
And both of those things do plenty more damage then the devil's weed does.
Sick of hearing about Mexican drug cartels?
Legalizing pot will put a serious hurting on them. Sure they also sell coke and heroin, But they will have to jack up the prices so high, pot will stay the drug of choice, employing Americans and creating revenue in every state.

Ever wonder what the # 1 cause of drug addiction in this coundtry is?
Endless Bi-Partisan bickering.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#221 Jun 15, 2012
Relax this, allow that AND WHAT THE FREAK DO YA HAVE...A crime ridden country..WHERE the bad guys outnumber the good guys..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cops: 10 pounds of pot wrongly sent to Pennsylv... 4 min Christardy 2
News Attorneys general to Trump: Dona t cut drug tre... 19 min Retribution 6
News From Left: Charles Culver, Dane Culver 3 hr FREE DANE AND CHA... 5
blk 3 hr blk 1
News Trump pledges crackdown on MS-13 street gang 3 hr Melchizedek 1
black 6 hr blk 1
News Police arrest state worker for trafficking in d... (Jun '12) 7 hr so wrong 17
More from around the web