'Major' drug dealers busted

Two sophisticated Pittsfield drug dealers who allegedly distributed kilos of cocaine over the lifespan of their illicit enterprise were sentenced to state prison this week, pleasing the law enforcement ... Full Story
Secret Tweaker Pad

United States

#24 Jan 24, 2009
ya right wrote:
<quoted text> so where did kelly rives and betty phillips get all the coke before their halloween accident?
I have no idea.? What's the relevence of this state to my comment? Maybe if we continue to bust drug dealers things of this nature won't happen?
These are people

United States

#25 Jan 24, 2009
The drug war will never be won by prison sentences. All this does is lock them away where they can learn from others how to be violent criminals. Statistics show 25 percent of non-violent criminals will only learn to be violent criminals in prison. I know drug treatment will not work unless a person wants it, but our society has got to start trying to solve the problem and not just lock them up. Locking them away does not stop the urge, unless they can get treatment and learn how to avoid the temptation.

In prison I have read only about 20 percent can get the drug training when they are wanting and needing it. We have got to start trying to cure the problem. Our prisons are over loaded. I don't know about this group, but many are being given long sentences (longer than these) on their first offense. Some of these are begging for help. I know they did wrong and they should never have tried it. I have never used drugs and don't understand it. However, when you see a case of a young person that is being locked away for most of his life for his first arrest. You know this person and know he is really a wonderful person who made a very great mistake. Then you will see, we have got to work on this problem.

Our comments are usually lock them away, I don't want them selling to my kids. Hey what if your kids do try it--now they are now part of the ones that we feel should be locked away. They didn't invent the drug, someone gave it to them. Sure they did wrong they should never have tried it. How many of you as young people did something by peer pressure? Maybe not drugs--but it could have been. Some say lock them away. They will have years to get over it. It doesn't work that way. I understand the urge is still there even years later for people that have been away from it for years. They need to learn how to combat the urge to use. This is an addiction that needs attention.

I know we have great law enforcement people, but we also have some who feel long prison sentence--makes them appear they are really doing their job. They really aren't, they are locking them away so some day they will be free. Then when they are some day free, no money, and harder to get a job they will have few choices but go back to what they were doing.

My comments are long, but I just feel so strongly about this. I have never used drugs are had the urge. Never knew about drug people are cared to know after all these were just low life.

I just recently experienced a young relative that was out of state with no family around had gotten mixed up in meth and was selling to get it. When it hits your family, things look different and you begin to learn all you can. We have got to find an answer. Prison alone is not solving this problem.
aidingandabettin g

West Springfield, MA

#26 Jan 25, 2009
john wrote:
<quoted text>
What good did it do to arrest them??? Is coke no longer availible??? Can addicts and anyone else no longer find coke??? After 40 years of a failed war on drugs are any drugs less availible??? People who want drugs will always be able to find them. People who are drug free are not drug free because they were unable to locate drugs. They are drug free because they decided not to use drugs. Your drug war is a hugh waste of time and money and achieves nothing.
I suppose it is not politically correct to say so but I read that the real problem is keeping more drugs out of the country. And the big time kingpins have bundles of cash designated strictly to pay off anyone who gets in their way. Everyone has a price and they have money to pay any price. So, in many cases, the very people who claim to be fighting the drug war are actaully clearing the path for the drugs to get to there destination.
It would be much easier for local law enforcement if more of it was stopped at the border.
LADY

Douglas, GA

#27 Jan 25, 2009
WELL BRAH, GLAD IT'S OVER AND U CAN MOVE ON. AS U CAN SEE, U AND BOBBY HAVE PLENTY OF HATERS!!! ONE LAME SAID YALL A HAVE SORE HIDES NOW!!! SHE'LL HAVE A SORE DOME IF I EVER RAN ACROSS HER ASS BELIEVE THAT..ANYWAY BRAH, U AND BOBBY BE STRONG,HAVE FAITH, NEVER GIVE UP, HAVE PEACE WITHIN AND BE FREE @ YOUR MIND.YOU WONT BE DOWN 4EVER. WE LOVE YALL, AND YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU BRAH UNTIL WE RIDE TO THA PEARLY GATES. TO ALL YALL CLOWNS WITH THESE SILLY COMMENTS. U NEVER KNOW WHO'S FAM IS WATCHING. TO ALL YALL HATERS WITH THESE SLICK TONGUES,THINK YOU'VE GOTTEN AWAY, AND THINK U ARE IN THA DARK YOUR TIME IS COME'N SOON AND YOU KNOW WHO U ARE. A NORTH CAROLINA REPRESENTATIVE!!!!!!!
Jeremy

Chicopee, MA

#28 Jan 25, 2009
Winning a war implies that the event is over and everyone can go home. I don't think calling it a 'war on drugs' works, it's misleading and seems to have to have no end in sight.

Yeah people die over it, but is it a worthy cause to die for? Wars are fought for liberation, freedom, etc where one side oppresses another and a conflict insues.

Can we try to come up with another title for this social control problem?
Horror of Society

Queensbury, NY

#29 Jan 25, 2009
Capeless you will never defeat the illegal drug trade here in the Berkshires. It is like politics. When one is defeated it just makes way for the next waiting in line. As for the high tech tapping of cell phones.. look at your patriot act manuel...LOL doesn't cover cell phones in fact considering your law practises even though they are Drug dealers you in directly violated there civil rights . I bet if there lawyer is smart enough the appeal will see this and by years end it will be thrown out and they will be back on the streets. According to un disclosed wittnesses they were coeworesed into a plea bargin...LOL

The police of today are no more then actors on stage that can't find evidence.So they pretend by mental warfare....LOL thats not a true dectective. or investigator. Oh yes here in the Berkshires racial profiling is another way you catch people...LOL

Its funny because the big time drug dealers are in the political field.
Secret Tweaker Pad

United States

#30 Jan 25, 2009
LADY wrote:
WELL BRAH, GLAD IT'S OVER AND U CAN MOVE ON. AS U CAN SEE, U AND BOBBY HAVE PLENTY OF HATERS!!! ONE LAME SAID YALL A HAVE SORE HIDES NOW!!! SHE'LL HAVE A SORE DOME IF I EVER RAN ACROSS HER **** BELIEVE THAT..ANYWAY BRAH, U AND BOBBY BE STRONG,HAVE FAITH, NEVER GIVE UP, HAVE PEACE WITHIN AND BE FREE @ YOUR MIND.YOU WONT BE DOWN 4EVER. WE LOVE YALL, AND YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU BRAH UNTIL WE RIDE TO THA PEARLY GATES. TO ALL YALL CLOWNS WITH THESE SILLY COMMENTS. U NEVER KNOW WHO'S FAM
IS WATCHING. TO ALL YALL HATERS WITH THESE SLICK TONGUES,THINK YOU'VE GOTTEN AWAY, AND THINK U ARE IN THA DARK YOUR TIME IS
COME'N SOON AND YOU KNOW WHO U ARE. A NORTH CAROLINA
REPRESENTATIVE!!!!!!!
Oh, lady I'm sure you're heart broken that they got tramp. These guys are drug dealing scum! Parasites! Society has no use for them. Enjoy visiting them upstate. I hope you don't get caught bringing them stuff then you'll be in the same boat. Good luck.
Horror of Society

Queensbury, NY

#31 Jan 25, 2009
Secret Tweaker Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea.? What's the relevence of this state to my comment? Maybe if we continue to bust drug dealers things of this nature won't happen?
Its all about money and power....A game
Horror of Society

Queensbury, NY

#32 Jan 25, 2009
Maybe if the economy wasn't so screwed up and the labor practises were fair here in the Berkshires maybe things would change. If you are black and looking for a good paying job in the Berkshires they slam the door on your face. After having so many doors slamed in your face and then the so called State agencies who are hired to fight racial bias just brush you off and make excuses. Then people look to illegal activities. Also look at all the budget cuts here in the state. And layoffs. between 13 to 22 percent of these people do turn to crime because of our economy. We suppose to be people of God but instead of being helpful we condemn others before looking at ourselves. We don't want drug dealers in our community but child mollesters are ok?????????
someone in the know

Tucson, AZ

#33 Jan 25, 2009
I am from the Berkshires but have been away for 10 years. I have been back every summer for 2 weeks. Before leaving, I worked as a home health RN and my territory was northern Pittsfield; North Street and some of those upper North Street side streets. I once lived on Wilson St for about a year with my cousin before coming to AZ. It was scary back then but it is even worse now. Just by the looks of the buildings and by the looks of the people walking around. In fact, this past summer I was up there with about 5 of my older-30 something girlfriends and, after having a very nice dinner out, we felt like going dancing. But where? I knew there was so place, but we asked around at the restuarant. The place we ended up going to was on North Street, I cannot remember the name of it, but it was Spanish....it was a restaurant but at night, it became a dance spot. We drove by several times and ultimately decided not to go in when we saw the door person use a metal detector on one young man. Anyone know of this place? Do you think it was a good decision on our part or what?!
Also, my nephew made the comment that the Berkshires is a great but kind of secret spot for drug people because it is between NYC/Albany and Springfield and beyond. Anyway, it makes me real sad, but you could see Pittsfield fall apart and shady characters coming in as early as the late 1980's, early 1990's. When the shopping on North Street died, that was it. That is my opinion as simple as it is.

Since: May 08

Hadley, MA

#34 Jan 25, 2009
LADY wrote:
WELL BRAH, GLAD IT'S OVER AND U CAN MOVE ON. AS U CAN SEE, U AND BOBBY HAVE PLENTY OF HATERS!!! ONE LAME SAID YALL A HAVE SORE HIDES NOW!!! SHE'LL HAVE A SORE DOME IF I EVER RAN ACROSS HER **** BELIEVE THAT..ANYWAY BRAH, U AND BOBBY BE STRONG,HAVE FAITH, NEVER GIVE UP, HAVE PEACE WITHIN AND BE FREE @ YOUR MIND.YOU WONT BE DOWN 4EVER. WE LOVE YALL, AND YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU BRAH UNTIL WE RIDE TO THA PEARLY GATES. TO ALL YALL CLOWNS WITH THESE SILLY COMMENTS. U NEVER KNOW WHO'S FAM IS WATCHING. TO ALL YALL HATERS WITH THESE SLICK TONGUES,THINK YOU'VE GOTTEN AWAY, AND THINK U ARE IN THA DARK YOUR TIME IS COME'N SOON AND YOU KNOW WHO U ARE. A NORTH CAROLINA REPRESENTATIVE!!!!!!!
Bring it on! Maybe right after you find out the gates are closed to SCUM,you can come here and find out we don't put up with the Dealers either!
North Carolina representative of what? Dealers and low life scum? Send me your adress,I'll send you a bus ticket,one way,cuz you won't be leaving!
john

Morgantown, WV

#35 Jan 25, 2009
Really wrote:
John - please explain how our society should handle the issue of drugs. As you point out, they are readily available. I believe you are suggesting that the "war on drugs" is a failure. By that you mean the prohibition against drugs like cocaine and heroin. Please stop telling us how criminalizing it and arresting those that sell it is failure and suggest the best way our society can deal with this problem ... aside from encourage addicts to not use drugs. By the way, I believe our current system of criminalization with the incarceration of those that SELL drugs and the rehabilitation of those that USE drugs is the correct path. Please enlighten us.
Drugs like marijuana would be distributed under a highly regulated system to adults. Hard drugs would be dispensed at clinics to addicts under doctor supervision. The Swiss have used heroin clinics with great success see: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7757050.stm
Controlled distribution puts dealers out of business and reduces youth access to these substances.

Do you have any idea how much money is wasted in attempting to enforce drug laws??? How much is spent on jails, law enforcement, lawyers, judges, probation officers, etc. etc. etc??? What do we get for all that money?? We can't even keep drugs out of maximum security prisons. Why do you continue to believe the drug war is going to keep them out of your kid's high school?? That money could better be spent on rehabs and programs that treat addiction. Addiction is a medical issue and attempting to stop it through criminal laws has been a hugh failure. Just because the goals of the drug war are positive dosen't mean those goals are being achieved.
Secret Tweaker Pad

United States

#36 Jan 25, 2009
John, are you implying that these addicts continue their habbits at the exspence of the tax payer? And if not where are these addicts who can't function and hold a job going to get the money to buy these legal drugs? You're an idiot! Stick to selling ice cream cones and sick cow burgers.
john

Morgantown, WV

#37 Jan 25, 2009
John, are you implying that these addicts continue their habbits at the exspence of the tax payer? And if not where are these addicts who can't function and hold a job going to get the money to buy these legal drugs? You're an idiot! Stick to selling ice cream cones and sick cow burgers.
Your right, what we're doing now is working so well, why change anything. Where do those addicted to alcohol or tobbacco get the money to feed their habits??? You don't see them out robbing and stealing. Do you??? If tobbacco was made illegal a pack of cigs would probably cost $100.00-$200.00 rather than $2-$3, and you would start to see the same crime and violence surrounding tobbacco. Drugs are only expensive because they are illegal. An addict could support a habit for a few dollars a day if it were legalized. You may be so incredibly stupid that you need a law that tells you not to smoke crack, but most Americans are not going to use these substances regardless even if legal. And by the way, you could provide an addict with a lifetime supply of drugs far cheaper than it would cost to imprison that addict for even a single year.

Wouldn't the world be a better place if no one drank alcohol??? Alcohol causes far more problems than illegal drugs. If prohibition works so well, why not make alcohol illegal and stop everyone from drinking?? Why is it that you idiots can understand prohibition dosen't work when it comes to alcohol, yet for some reason believe it is wonderful when it comes to everything else??? How can anyone believe the drug war is actually working??? Its simply amazing the American people are so gullible and stupid.
Secret Tweaker Pad

United States

#39 Jan 25, 2009
Ha,ha John used to yell at us and tell us we're fired next time he catches us toking. It took everything I had not to laugh in his face. What a joke working for him was. I was pretty much stoned all day every day. Now I work for myself and actually make money. And I'm such a hypocrite because I don't allow drug use. Ha, ha , ha! That sh!t's funny as hell! His whole crew is driving under the influence. You'd think that's not funny but no one seems to care. Call your selectmen. LOL my code to post is 4420!
john

Morgantown, WV

#40 Jan 25, 2009
Ha,ha John used to yell at us and tell us we're fired next time he catches us toking. It took everything I had not to laugh in his face. What a joke working for him was. I was pretty much stoned all day every day. Now I work for myself and actually make money. And I'm such a hypocrite because I don't allow drug use. Ha, ha , ha! That ****'s funny as hell! His whole crew is driving under the influence. You'd think that's not funny but no one seems to care. Call your selectmen. LOL my code to post is 4420!
What the h/e/l/l are you talking about????? Did you take your meds today????? Working for me??Crew?? Selectmen?? I admit it is sad what drugs do to people's minds, and I certainly do not advocate their use. Secret Tweaker Pad is a clear example of why a person should not use drugs. That is precisly why we need to end prohibition. It has the exact opposite effect that is intended. It makes drugs easier for young impressionable people to obtain and makes them far more harmful. Just ask Secret Tweaker Pad if the drug war prevented him from becoming a drugged out loser. He probably starting using when he was young, moved on to harder and harder stuff, now look at him. He is clearly disturbed and suffering from delusions. Lets end the war on drugs it is destroying this nation and its people.

P.S. Secret Tweaker Pad- Suggest you seek help, their are lots of kind people out their that can help you.
Surfer dude

San Diego, CA

#42 Jan 25, 2009
john wrote:
<quoted text>
Drugs like marijuana would be distributed under a highly regulated system to adults. Hard drugs would be dispensed at clinics to addicts under doctor supervision. The Swiss have used heroin clinics with great success see: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7757050.stm
Controlled distribution puts dealers out of business and reduces youth access to these substances.
Do you have any idea how much money is wasted in attempting to enforce drug laws??? How much is spent on jails, law enforcement, lawyers, judges, probation officers, etc. etc. etc??? What do we get for all that money?? We can't even keep drugs out of maximum security prisons. Why do you continue to believe the drug war is going to keep them out of your kid's high school?? That money could better be spent on rehabs and programs that treat addiction. Addiction is a medical issue and attempting to stop it through criminal laws has been a hugh failure. Just because the goals of the drug war are positive dosen't mean those goals are being achieved.
Exactly
Secret Tweaker Pad

United States

#43 Jan 25, 2009
I'm drug and alcahol free. Well unless you call the ocassional toke addiction. Did you not read my post? I think all your drug use and unprotected sex has made you forgetfull.
john

Morgantown, WV

#44 Jan 25, 2009
I'm drug and alcahol free. Well unless you call the ocassional toke addiction. Did you not read my post? I think all your drug use and unprotected sex has made you forgetfull.
You admit you use illegal drugs, yet you advocate for the continuation of the drug war????? That makes sense to you???? The drug war hasn't prevented YOU from using yet it works for everyone else????? Is the reason you don't use heroin and coke because they are illegal??? Illegality hasn't stopped you from using other illegal substances. I actually think that if drug laws were rigorously enforced and we gave stiff sentences to all drug violators the drug war would end very quickly. If people like you were put in prison for your drug violations, there would be no room for everyone and we would be forced to look for alternatives. Instead, we have a half-assed approach to the drug war where we mostly imprison minorities and poor people who no one cares about, that allows the drug war to continue. We start putting away a lot of young white drug users and the drug war will grind to a halt.
Surfer dude

San Diego, CA

#45 Jan 25, 2009
I'm a total retard. In fact, Im also gay. I don't know why I'm such a hippocrite but I just can't help myself. I actually just did a shot of heroin in my neck. Can u believe it. I'm sorry for being such a retard.
I don't think I would've said that about myself

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Montebello councilwomana s husband sentenced to... 4 hr Trash Talk 26
24 Arrested in Crystal City Area Based Cocaine ... 5 hr danny 19
Pot Playing Little Role in Tight Colorado Contests 8 hr yes 6
Help! How do I stop smoking pot? (Oct '12) 9 hr Taajsgpm 86
McPherson man arrested for multiple drug offenses 9 hr in your pie hole 2
Officials say 24 arrested in south Tx drug ring... 10 hr dooobie 7
Attorney sentenced to jail in drug-framing scheme 11 hr Liberal forever 1

Drugs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE