'Two old ladies' called Poconos heroin dealers

Full story: The Morning Call

To most people, Elizabeth Marie Grube, 70, and her sister, Elaine Volkert, 65, seemed to be nice, friendly women who lived modest lives in their mobile home park just outside Stroudsburg.
Comments
61 - 80 of 92 Comments Last updated Sep 24, 2009
MtnDude

Shamokin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

Cico should also be charged with contributing to delinquency of Seniors .
Today

Easton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

Grammy is that you!?
What did you do???
think about it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

why does this surprise everyone. One was born in 1939 and the other 1944. So they would be 20 and 25 years old in mid sixties(1964) during the hippie generation.
I'm sure we will see more of this as the baby boomers get older. Even our last 3 presidents admitted doing drugs.

“Racism is un-American”

Since: Dec 06

America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

think about it wrote:
why does this surprise everyone. One was born in 1939 and the other 1944. So they would be 20 and 25 years old in mid sixties(1964) during the hippie generation.
I'm sure we will see more of this as the baby boomers get older. Even our last 3 presidents admitted doing drugs.
If they have indeed been in the drug culture that long they refute the contention that drug abuse leads to an early grave.
think about it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

aahpat wrote:
<quoted text>
If they have indeed been in the drug culture that long they refute the contention that drug abuse leads to an early grave.
Who knows if they are using and how much, what I'm saying that 1960's culture is now entering the senior/retirement age and it won't be uncommon to see more of this. You even see 60 year olds getting busted with crack. Weed and coke was very popular back in the fifties.
OuEightOneTwo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

Drunken Coalcracker wrote:
Who gives a Flyin F !!!
They do
Da Truth

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

Every once in a while there really is something to laugh about in the news.

I'd love to hear how slick willieo recruited two old ladies to sell drugs. A little bit of BO style bullkrap I suspect worked easily on some leftovers from the 60's leftie drug culture.

THAT ought to be quite the story.

“Racism is un-American”

Since: Dec 06

America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows if they are using and how much, what I'm saying that 1960's culture is now entering the senior/retirement age and it won't be uncommon to see more of this. You even see 60 year olds getting busted with crack. Weed and coke was very popular back in the fifties.
I agree. And my point too still stands.
youthinkuknow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

if they was black it would be a bigger f ing problem you people make me sick they need to get rid of the scum period give them some bengay an let them rott..... there the same as everyone else that sells drugs kill the old bags ... dont waste my tax money

“Look for me Ma' I'll be there.”

Since: Mar 07

Whitehall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

Some of you need to use this "compassion" you are displaying and apply it towards those outside your comfort zone. Just because some are different, doesn't mean their feelings, thoughts and needs aren't similar. If these were my grandmother's, would there be such understanding?

The reality is, there shouldn't be. Breaking the law is a choice, there are no victims in this story. Sorry, but there is no way this guy could have manipulated 2 of them for so long. They knew what they were doing and deserve to pay for it.
Larrinator

Bath, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

Did anyone happen to notice the name of their "pimp" "boss" whatever you want to call the virus, trash, garbage, putrid thing others may call him, that these beautiful grannies ( course I am kidding, they should do time but they probable won't) were slaves to? It is almost too late, but NOT!!!!!!!!!! We need to stamp out these vermin! For starters, if they speak no english,( I am using their vernacular) send them back to the craphole ( I wanted to say shit hole, but the rag won't let me) from whence they came. Let Mr. Julio Cesar Checo come to my street and let him see if he gets away with this. I would not shoot him, that is for dogs. Let him come and let us bring justice back into the world. Kind of like Zorro did!!!!!!!!!!
Larrinator

Bath, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The only person I ever knew who hated the local people as much as you, found out shortly after relocating to this area, that his wife had a fondness for knee pads and gobbling dutch sausage.
Hey I like scrapple! Just don't like two old pieces of shit that should be in jail!
Larrinator

Bath, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

think about it wrote:
Ya just blew it for me.......... Up till now, I'd jerk to Sophia Loren every morn in the shower. No way I'm gonna do Jane Fonda!!!!!!!!!!
Francis

Wuhan, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

Thats awesome.
Joe

Denmark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

Stroudsburg has turned into a dump in the past 10 years. All the scum from NYC moved in, ruined what used to be a nice town. Old ladies selling crack & whatever else. Man, times have changed.
denny

Albrightsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

Why does it takes months and months for some arrests to be made and these ladies only took one week? It's still a cute story that makes me laugh, especially when I see their smiling faces being held up. Sad, but still funny the next day.
Comment

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The only person I ever knew who hated the local people as much as you, found out shortly after relocating to this area, that his wife had a fondness for knee pads and gobbling dutch sausage.
I think you mean Polish Sausage or German Brats.
Dutch are know for Tulips and Windmills.

Beaver Meadows, wow, I have been there. Not to far from Hollywood. In fact, the nicest person I have ever met in my life was from Beaver Meadows.
Comment

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

Larrinator wrote:
Did anyone happen to notice the name of their "pimp" "boss" whatever you want to call the virus, trash, garbage, putrid thing others may call him, that these beautiful grannies ( course I am kidding, they should do time but they probable won't) were slaves to? It is almost too late, but NOT!!!!!!!!!! We need to stamp out these vermin! For starters, if they speak no english,( I am using their vernacular) send them back to the craphole ( I wanted to say **** hole, but the rag won't let me) from whence they came. Let Mr. Julio Cesar Checo come to my street and let him see if he gets away with this. I would not shoot him, that is for dogs. Let him come and let us bring justice back into the world. Kind of like Zorro did!!!!!!!!!!
What if just changed a few letters and it was
Julia Cesare Chekov and she was some hot blue eye, blond, Russian/Italian model selling coke?
Comment

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Shite, 1960's culture, what about the beatnick culture of the 1950s or the roaring heroin and alcohol culture of the 1920s.

You could have dealers out there between 107 to 10 years old.

The issue is that "supply side" constraint and the trillions of dollars spent on law enforcement of drugs is and has never worked. It is still here after nearly a century. Attack it like alcoholism as a "health care issues", legalize it, control it, tax it and attempt to push down "demand side". Take all public revenues and redirect to education to decrease demand and to improve health care and research in treatment of those who are addicted.

Utilizing a gun, assault, etc is the crime, but purchasing and selling should be decriminalized and become just like any other controlled narcotic in the pharmaceutical industry. Criminalization of your acts while on drugs would contintue, disorderly conduct, Driving under the influence, etc., selling drugs to a minor.
bsmuststop

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Will wrote:
The job as Wal-Mart greeter didn't pan out?
"Welcome to Walmart.....Get your shit and get out!"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••