Drug Addicts, Dealers Are 'Doctor Sho...

Drug Addicts, Dealers Are 'Doctor Shopping' for Pain Pills

There are 53 comments on the HON story from Jul 17, 2013, titled Drug Addicts, Dealers Are 'Doctor Shopping' for Pain Pills. In it, HON reports that:

One of every 50 prescriptions for addictive prescription painkillers in the United States is filled for so-called "doctor shoppers" who obtain the drugs for recreational use or resale on the street, a new study finds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at HON.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Vacations Are Life”

Since: May 13

Starts With ... Disney

#48 Jul 21, 2013
WxGirlie wrote:
<quoted text> Didn't see that one, but I've loved her in everything I've seen her in (Girl, Interrupted, i. e.) Not bi or gay, not that there's anything wrong with that,(I am officially retiring that joke) but she's a turner. Beauty, brains and talent!:-}
What's not to like?

:o)

Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#49 Jul 21, 2013
Wally _ wrote:
<quoted text>
Databases are not mandatory in many states...yet.
And in some that have them, it's not mandatory for everyone to use it...yet.
I'm surprised to hear that. Funny how they create all these new laws (sch 2 of norco, trying to get a max time set, new formulas for abuse, etc)but the simple database is last. I knew NY right now isn't mandatory for use but if I were someone in one of those states, I'd be too scared to ever dr shop...one time and you're done.

Speaking of Jolie, I think my fav was Gia...such a great movie!

“Vacations Are Life”

Starts With ... Disney

#50 Jul 21, 2013
Elfette1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm surprised to hear that. Funny how they create all these new laws (sch 2 of norco, trying to get a max time set, new formulas for abuse, etc)but the simple database is last. I knew NY right now isn't mandatory for use but if I were someone in one of those states, I'd be too scared to ever dr shop...one time and you're done.
New York is "supposed" to be mandatory next month.

Like I've said previously, the federal government is rumored to be looking to follow in New York's footsteps for the entire country.

I love her in anything where I can see her "assets."

I know, I know......

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#51 Jul 21, 2013
Elfette1 wrote:
<quoted text>
according to the PMP Alliance, Missouri is the only remaining state that does not have an active database, and has no database laws on the books. There are 8 states listed that have laws on the books, but have not yet enacted their programs. The remaining 41 states have fully functional prescription monitoring programs.

Many of the states do not, however, mandate consultation of the database prior to prescribing or dispensing. I have seen a report that estimated in these states, database consultation is only running at about 20-25%.
jen

Dallas, TX

#52 Jul 22, 2013
Elfette1 wrote:
Omg. I lost my license so I had to give my passport. So of course it's some kid who is new who seriously says "I'm not sure we can take this". Um, dude, passports are way higher than a license. Smh.
Where are u Eiffy

“Vacations Are Life”

Starts With ... Disney

#55 Jul 22, 2013
Cobnobuler wrote:
I used to bounce all over the place like a pinball :)
That's just a horrible visual.

Happily, it's no longer the case.

:o)

Like I said previously, many states have them, but it's not mandatory to participate in them.
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Pennington, NJ

#56 Jul 22, 2013
Despite databases and other deterrents is remains difficult for some legitimate patients to get pain medication. Doctors are being terrorized by dea thugs.

“Vacations Are Life”

Starts With ... Disney

#58 Jul 22, 2013
Cobnobuler wrote:
<quoted text>

Ya, I'm even more than happy.
Is there a word for that?

LOL.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#59 Jul 24, 2013
Elfette1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! I forgot that she won an Oscar for that portrayal.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#60 Aug 4, 2013
Yer Killin Me Smalls wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you for the most part, but askin' docs to differentiate from legitimate and addicts wouldn't be an easy task. It's most definitely the abusers who make life hard for the chronic pain patient. I just switched pharmacies because they started to ask for my ID. It really stuck in my craw!
I just think doctors should be able to see it.I can tell when people just want to get high & have no pain.It's an epidemic that got so bad all over the world it really is killin us chronic pain patients.some insurance's even have a QL (quanity limit) on alot of meds because so many people selling them.im just sayin something needs to be done!

“Got Sig? How 'bout HK?”

Since: Apr 11

This isn't even my office!

#61 Aug 5, 2013
shotgun20 wrote:
<quoted text>I just think doctors should be able to see it.I can tell when people just want to get high & have no pain.It's an epidemic that got so bad all over the world it really is killin us chronic pain patients.some insurance's even have a QL (quanity limit) on alot of meds because so many people selling them.im just sayin something needs to be done!
You and me both, but in today's lawsuit happy world Docs just don't wanna chance it. If I could have my way, I would grow my own meds and I ain't talkin''bout grass.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#62 Sep 1, 2013
Yer Killin Me Smalls wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you for the most part, but askin' docs to differentiate from legitimate and addicts wouldn't be an easy task. It's most definitely the abusers who make life hard for the chronic pain patient. I just switched pharmacies because they started to ask for my ID. It really stuck in my craw!
I dont like to judge anyone & thats what i am not here to do.I know i just had many problems with pharamist's & rolling there eyes thinking i just want to get high.I broke down & just talked to him and never had a problem again.But my insurance dont pay for my whole script and i been on oxycodone 30 IR & does anyone know anything about Opana.I heard they are stronger,so i was thinking less medication everyday & saving alot of money.Im waiting for my decision on my disability & times are tough!
Prout

UK

#64 Oct 15, 2013
I have ordered prescription drugs from ZTOPIX dot COM about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bennington man accused of selling heroin to pol... 6 hr Dr Slobotnick 2
News Dr. Donald Auzine Arrives at Federal Court Phot... (May '08) 11 hr Richie1969 51
News Woman caught with 47 heroin balloons in her bod... (May '11) 17 hr Haha 30
News Massena police chief: Drug dealers will keeping... 23 hr Ccm 5
News Ukiah police and fire log: Saturday, Aug. 29, 2015 Sun Here Is One 1
News Former boxer is convicted of drug charges (Nov '06) Sun RCushenb 60
News Carlsbad woman gets 3 years for trafficking drugs Sat Carlsbad 6
More from around the web