Whitney Houston's cause of death revealed as drowning, cocaine a contributing factor

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Alabama Live 8

Whitney Houston was found submerged in the bathtub of her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on the eve of the Grammy Awards.

Full Story
Sheik Yerbouti

Lambertville, NJ

#1 Mar 25, 2012
How much longer do we have to hear about this no talent junkie!!?? She was only a pop singer and no one important!
Everyone

Grove City, OH

#2 Mar 28, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
How much longer do we have to hear about this no talent junkie!!?? She was only a pop singer and no one important!
True, Houston wasn't really important, but she did have talent and anybody that says otherwise is either deaf (my apologies if that's the case), or an ornery old fool.
marky boy

Glasgow, UK

#3 Mar 28, 2012
http://mkelly738.rainey.magherafelt.ni.sch.uk...

^yeh sure theres photos of it here :O
Spider Beside Her

United States

#4 Mar 29, 2012
No-matter who the artist, the public has a short attention span and - except those who were more directly affected by Houston's death - many seem to me to have already turned their attention. With only a very few exceptions, I pay very little attention to Hollywood -- although would not deny her talent as model and singer (especially). She had amazing presence as a performer and her music touched many. This is what makes her especially important. Being a "pop" singer she reached a broader public, but along with the recognition of this loss, her death exposed (again) the corruption in Hollywood. In this regard, the circumstances surrounding her death is more meaningful than most people realize. Hollywood has become nothing but a freak show - and both reflects and influences societal shifts. I was both shocked and disappointed to learn about the drugs. Yes, soldiers die for our country, and millions are impoverished -- no less deserving of acknowledgment or grief. Yet when you think of how drugs and corruption hurt millions, you then realize that -- having touched so many -- there is a hero inside of Whitney Houston (albeit as junkie) whose death has and will indeed fight corruption and the war on drugs (including street drugs the over-prescribing of meds) in our society.

I have lost everyone I have loved to addiction and have spent the majority of my life combating drug pushers (in one form or another). I remain interested in this case because of what it represents. Addictions and/or meds have destroyed or killed everyone I ever loved or cared about.
Spider Besider

United States

#5 Mar 29, 2012
No-matter who the artist, the public has a short attention span and - except those who were more directly affected by Houston's death - many seem to me to have already turned their attention. With only a very few exceptions, I pay very little attention to Hollywood -- although would not deny her talent as model and singer (especially). She had amazing presence as a performer and her music touched many. This is what makes her especially important. Being a "pop" singer she reached a broader public, but along with the recognition of this loss, her death exposed (again) the corruption in Hollywood. In this regard, the circumstances surrounding her death is more meaningful than most people realize. Hollywood has become nothing but a freak show - and both reflects and influences societal shifts. I was both shocked and disappointed to learn about the drugs. Yes, soldiers die for our country, and millions are impoverished -- no less deserving of acknowledgment or grief. Yet when you think of how drugs and corruption hurt millions, you then realize that -- having touched so many -- there is a hero inside of Whitney Houston (albeit as junkie) whose death has and will indeed fight corruption and the war on drugs (including street drugs the over-prescribing of meds) in our society.

I have lost everyone I have loved to addiction and have spent the majority of my life combating drug pushers (in one form or another). I remain interested in this case because of what it represents. Addictions and/or meds have destroyed or killed everyone I ever loved or cared about.
White Lion

Schenectady, NY

#6 Mar 29, 2012
Saintly white lions held her braided head under...
The grand hooded falcon of the mountain orion.

“Never go to my youtube channel”

Since: Sep 13

United Kingdom

#7 Sep 21, 2013
YouTube videos of mine will never be thumbed downs!
Sharmila conspiracy

Rotterdam, Netherlands

#8 Sep 26, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug task force arrests two in Gibson County 58 min on the look out 3
Agencies uncover meth ring (Dec '13) 1 hr ucantseeme 44
Husband of woman charged in South Daytona fatal... 1 hr Joe 8
17 arrests target 'Outlaws' (Nov '07) 2 hr ALKQN QUEEN NATION 47
Marysville: Trespassers trigger fire alarm at h... 3 hr ryanAXLEROD 1
Mother serves more than booze and drugs to minors (Jun '10) 6 hr your clueless 23
FBI Investigating Former Police Officer (Mar '08) 6 hr fact 61
More from around the web