Police ID resident, suspects shot in drug invasion

Aug 4, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Lebanon Daily News

Allegheny County homicide detectives have identified a Pittsburgh-area homeowner who was wounded and now faces marijuana charges after he traded gunfire with two intruders who were also shot - one fatally.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Hotshot

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 4, 2012
 
You can't say that this was a black person putting drugs out on the street. If you white racists want to blame someone, blame the Republican Mayor! What the hell else did he think he was going to prove when he cut welfare? Now blacks don't have a reason to shoot anymore blacks because they no longer have any money! They are forced to go after those who have money now. That means all you working class people instead of other drug dealers! That means all the tpo drug pushers (who are white). Training day is over! It's going to get real serious quick! The moronic Govenor is getting ready to mess-up and upset the fine political balance of the political system that has been crafted and put into place fo may decades! He has no idea of what he is really doing! Watch all the white working people and dealers who get whacked! No body wants to serve natural life in prison, so they will make sure they kill anyone, all thanks to your idiot Govenor!
Yeah

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

That's the entire problem. He was growing drugs and a longtime resident. Protect him, he kept to himself but helped everyone? Those neighbors must be on drugs too. Investigate all of them. The police withheld the drug growers name. Everyone reporting is wise to that since they withheld names in the past. Always someone connected politically or friends.

The female driver of the cars name is withheld, also questionable. Find the name of the female driver and investigate her. Investigate everyone she knows, boyfriend, husband or girlfriend included.

She probably comes from McKeesport.
Probably Johanna.
Yeah

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 4, 2012
 
They shot a man growing drugs, not a working man. Mckeesport has a Democrat mayor. Mayors do not have influence over welfare.
ANON

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

shoot em up! the only thing any one talks about is the old man who kept to himself and smoked his weed. he should have killed the other little bastard too..... maybe they were planning on kidnapping your daughter the next day.... you should be thanking the old stoner... shoot em up!
Well

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Who's daughter? The police reported the home owner was selling. How else would they know it was in the house. They went there for the drugs according reports.

I wouldn't be surprised if the driver was Johanna. Now they roll around McKeesport in that little car with sputtering muffler. The female is free to drive more criminals around.
Hotter shot

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 5, 2012
 
2800 block of I street is only walking distance from 701 Liberty Way. The neighbors are in on protecting one another's wrongs.
Liberty Way

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Zachary whom is also a relative to the man needs questioned.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Hotshot wrote:
You can't say that this was a black person putting drugs out on the street. If you white racists want to blame someone, blame the Republican Mayor! What the hell else did he think he was going to prove when he cut welfare? Now blacks don't have a reason to shoot anymore blacks because they no longer have any money! They are forced to go after those who have money now. That means all you working class people instead of other drug dealers! That means all the tpo drug pushers (who are white). Training day is over! It's going to get real serious quick! The moronic Govenor is getting ready to mess-up and upset the fine political balance of the political system that has been crafted and put into place fo may decades! He has no idea of what he is really doing! Watch all the white working people and dealers who get whacked! No body wants to serve natural life in prison, so they will make sure they kill anyone, all thanks to your idiot Govenor!
Are you saying you condone the robbery of working people since the Government stopped Welfare payments? What's wrong with those people getting JOBS? And people on Welfare generally have nothing to ROB, they are below poverty level! What a bunch of nonsense! Are they really robbing one another for their Welfare checks? Seriously? LMAO!
SICK OF SHOOTINGS

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

YOU CANT SAY OR BLAME THIS ON LAZZZZZZY PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY CAN SIT BACK ON WELFARE AND NOT WORK..WHAT DOES IT MEAN BLACK OR WHITE.... IT HAS TO DO WITH GUN CONTROL... ALL THESE LITTLE BLACK AND WHITE KIDS RUNNING AROUND AND USING GUNS AND SHOOTING... NO MATTER IF THIS KID GEORGIE WAS ATTEMPTING TO ROB HIM OR NOT HE SHOULDNT OF LOST HIS LIFE AT 18 TO A BULLET... SO SAD... HIS POOR MOM, I MEAN THAT PROBALLY WAS HER BABY!!!! AND WHAT PISSES ME OFF THE MOST IS WHEN I GET UP AND GO TO WORK EVERYDAY TO PAY MY BILLS AND I DONT COLLECT WELFARE , I GO TO GET GO'S IN THE MORNING AND PEOPLE BUY RED BULLS AND STUFF LIKE 4.00 FOR A DRINK.. BOY I WISH I GOT FREE FOOD TO SPEND ON STUPID STUFF.. COME ONE.... THE GOVERMENT IS F UP... IT LETS PEOPLE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SYSTEM AND WELFARE PEOPLE THAT JUST ARE LAZY NEED TO GET A JOB AND STOP DOING DRUGS... YOU SHOULDNT SPEND MY HARD EARNED TAX MONEY TOWARDS WEED OR COKE OR CRACK..... YOU SHOULD HAVE TO SUBMITT A DRUG TEST YOU BUNCH OF LOW LIFES.. AND THEY FUNNY PART IS IF YOU ARE REALLY HARD UP BECAUSE YOU LOST YOUR JOB AND YOU GO TO THE WELFARE OFFICE YOU WILL GET DENIED BECAUSE ALL THERE MONEY IS GOING TO LOWLIFES THAT SIT BACK AND COLLECT A CHECK AND DRIVE A CADILLAC AND HAVE WADS FULL OF MONEY AND WEAR BIG GOLD CHAINS..L. GIVE ME A BREAK
whocares

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 6, 2012
 
One less to worry about. Whether they are black or white- who cares? What goes around comes around
Simple Simon

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

SICK OF SHOOTINGS wrote:
YOU CANT SAY OR BLAME THIS ON LAZZZZZZY PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY CAN SIT BACK ON WELFARE AND NOT WORK..WHAT DOES IT MEAN BLACK OR WHITE.... IT HAS TO DO WITH GUN CONTROL... ALL THESE LITTLE BLACK AND WHITE KIDS RUNNING AROUND AND USING GUNS AND SHOOTING... NO MATTER IF THIS KID GEORGIE WAS ATTEMPTING TO ROB HIM OR NOT HE SHOULDNT OF LOST HIS LIFE AT 18 TO A BULLET... SO SAD... HIS POOR MOM, I MEAN THAT PROBALLY WAS HER BABY!!!! AND WHAT PISSES ME OFF THE MOST IS WHEN I GET UP AND GO TO WORK EVERYDAY TO PAY MY BILLS AND I DONT COLLECT WELFARE , I GO TO GET GO'S IN THE MORNING AND PEOPLE BUY RED BULLS AND STUFF LIKE 4.00 FOR A DRINK.. BOY I WISH I GOT FREE FOOD TO SPEND ON STUPID STUFF.. COME ONE.... THE GOVERMENT IS F UP... IT LETS PEOPLE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SYSTEM AND WELFARE PEOPLE THAT JUST ARE LAZY NEED TO GET A JOB AND STOP DOING DRUGS... YOU SHOULDNT SPEND MY HARD EARNED TAX MONEY TOWARDS WEED OR COKE OR CRACK..... YOU SHOULD HAVE TO SUBMITT A DRUG TEST YOU BUNCH OF LOW LIFES.. AND THEY FUNNY PART IS IF YOU ARE REALLY HARD UP BECAUSE YOU LOST YOUR JOB AND YOU GO TO THE WELFARE OFFICE YOU WILL GET DENIED BECAUSE ALL THERE MONEY IS GOING TO LOWLIFES THAT SIT BACK AND COLLECT A CHECK AND DRIVE A CADILLAC AND HAVE WADS FULL OF MONEY AND WEAR BIG GOLD CHAINS..L. GIVE ME A BREAK
I disagree that gun control is the fix. It is caused by $drugs$ and $gambling$.

The drug business is impossible to stop by law enforcement. From South America to the Port people are being bought off because of the unbelievable profits of up to $40,000 per day.

The government can destroy the drug business by legally flooding ALL markets with low cost or free drugs.
White Oak Lady

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

The "good citizen" who helped everyone(what a joke)was well prepared with an arsenal of weapons and obviously planned to shoot anyone who interferred with his illegal operation. He killed an 18 year old "human being" who was not armed. The "good citizen" set the stage for something bad to happen and other innocent people could have been hurt too. How could he not be charged with "pre-meditated murder"? If neighbors knew this was going on, as indicated by an individual interviewed on TV but wished to remain anonymous, how could the police not know? This man and others like him are the ruination of many young people. He will answer to God.
A mans home is his castle

Belle Vernon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

White Oak Lady wrote:
How could he not be charged with "pre-meditated murder"?
Even a suspected pot dealer has the right to defend his home, lawyers say.
Police filed drug charges — but have not decided on whether to add homicide to the case — against a Port Vue man who fatally shot one of the intruders who tried to rob a marijuana-growing operation in his house.
“If a person is in their house legally, they still have the right to defend themselves, even if they are doing something illegal,” said Bruce Antkowiak, an attorney who teaches at St. Vincent College School of Law in Latrobe.“He wasn’t the initial aggressor. It’s a classic case of what is referred to as the ‘Castle Doctrine.’”
Two men identified as TaRon Patterson, 24, and George Langley, 18, both of McKeesport, entered a home on Liberty Way about 11:30 p.m. Thursday with plans to rob the homeowner of his marijuana, according to a criminal complaint.
They struggled with the homeowner, John Zyskowski, 62, before he began firing a gun at them, the complaint stated. Patterson told detectives that he tried to back up to escape, pulled out a gun and fired back at Zyskowski, grazing the homeowner’s head.
Patterson and Langley ran outside where a woman, identified as Melissa Runion, was waiting for them in a vehicle, police said. She first took the men to her home, then to UPMC McKeesport where Langley died about 11:45 p.m.
Relatives of Langley could not be reached.
Zyskowski was released from a hospital after treatment for a grazing gunshot wound on his head, Allegheny County police Lt. Andrew Schurman said on Friday. He was arraigned on charges of possession of marijuana, possession with intent to deliver and prohibited acts and released on non-monetary bond. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Tuesday.
Patterson, who had a gunshot wound to his arm, is facing charges including attempted homicide, aggravated assault, and burglary. He was being treated at UPMC Presbyterian.
“That police later determined he might have been involved in illegal activity doesn’t change the fact that he had every right to protect himself,” said University of Pittsburgh law professor David Harris.
Zyskowski allowed detectives to search his home, where they found 29 marijuana plants, eight glass jars of marijuana, a bag of marijuana leaves, five handguns and eight long guns.
Antkowiak speculated that while Zyskowski did not have to allow police to search the entire home, he likely did so because he had been involved in a shooting.
“He was probably more concerned that they knew it was self defense,” Antkowiak said.
There was no answer at Zyskowski’s home on Friday.
Allegheny County police are investigating the shooting and will review the case with district attorney’s office to determine whether homicide charges should be filed, as is practice, said First Assistant District Attorney Christopher Connors.
“You have a right to defend your home,” Connors said.
Port Vue police Lt. David Petruski said officers had no criminal dealings with Zyskowski and only minor issues on the street.
“It’s generally quiet, other than the minor complaints,” he said.
Neighbors described Zyskowski as a nice man who keeps to himself and is known for his large vegetable garden.
“He’s very helpful,” said Margaret Hoffman, 46.“If anybody needed anything, you’d go to him, and he’d help you out.”
Jean Delsignore, 51, said she suspected something was going on, based on the number of people running into and out of the Zyskowski home.
“You could always assume something was going on, but you never knew,” she said.
Yep

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

The above is correct. His operation when closed down will save future trouble at his house.
Yep

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

White Oak Lady wrote:
The "good citizen" who helped everyone(what a joke)was well prepared with an arsenal of weapons and obviously planned to shoot anyone who interferred with his illegal operation. He killed an 18 year old "human being" who was not armed. The "good citizen" set the stage for something bad to happen and other innocent people could have been hurt too. How could he not be charged with "pre-meditated murder"? If neighbors knew this was going on, as indicated by an individual interviewed on TV but wished to remain anonymous, how could the police not know? This man and others like him are the ruination of many young people. He will answer to God.
The resident did set he stage for something bad to happen.
Yep

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Liberty Way wrote:
Zachary whom is also a relative to the man needs questioned.
That's a close relative to the resident I am guessing? He is suspected of drugs too?
White Oak Lady

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

The Pennsylvania Castle Doctrine permits a "Law Abiding Citizen" to use force, including deadly force against an attacker in their home and any place where they have a legal right to be. The law says nothing about someone engaged in "illegal drug activity". Was this person who killed an 18 year old a "Law Abiding Citizen"? That is the question. He should be charged with killing this young man and then let a "Jury of his Peers" decide
after all the facts and circumstances are heard.
A mans home is his castle

Belle Vernon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

White Oak Lady wrote:
The Pennsylvania Castle Doctrine permits a "Law Abiding Citizen" to use force, including deadly force against an attacker in their home and any place where they have a legal right to be. The law says nothing about someone engaged in "illegal drug activity". Was this person who killed an 18 year old a "Law Abiding Citizen"? That is the question. He should be charged with killing this young man and then let a "Jury of his Peers" decide
after all the facts and circumstances are heard.
The law refers to people being in their home legally...it says nothing about being in their home legally AND abiding by the law.

Bottom line is these kids came in intent on stealing someone elses posessions. At least one of the kids had a firearm. The homeowner protected himself as is his legal right.

There are consequences for all actions, some more tragic than others.

The homeowner will be held accountable for growing pot, but he shouldn't be charged with murder. Bottom line....if those kids hadn't attempted an armed burglary, they'd both be sleeping in their own beds tonight.
NRA Blows

Apo, AE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

A mans home is his castle wrote:
<quoted text>The law refers to people being in their home legally...it says nothing about being in their home legally AND abiding by the law.
Bottom line is these kids came in intent on stealing someone elses posessions. At least one of the kids had a firearm. The homeowner protected himself as is his legal right.
There are consequences for all actions, some more tragic than others.
The homeowner will be held accountable for growing pot, but he shouldn't be charged with murder. Bottom line....if those kids hadn't attempted an armed burglary, they'd both be sleeping in their own beds tonight.
When we take away your weapons you'll be accepting home invasion crimes just like everybody else, beyotch. FACT!!!!!!
Not the race thing again

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

A mans home is his castle wrote:
Bottom line....if those kids hadn't attempted an armed burglary, they'd both be sleeping in their own beds tonight.
Agreed....but one exeception -- the thugs that committed the armed robbery aren't "kids". Kids are innocent. The bastards were out to commit crime knowingly. Likely they had committed crimes before. Now one is gone. One more criminal off the streets.

Yet I am sure the bleeding hearts will be out on full force saying how sad it is that a young man lost his life. BULLSHIT. HE GAVE HIS LIFE AWAY when he picked up a gun, pointed it at someone and tried to rob them.

Weed is illegal because the gubment cant tax it. Period.

IF the old man were in his house decapitating people I would say that he was a criminal and the law should not apply.

As it stands, he was growing some pot.

Geezuz. IF thats the worst crime that happens in McKeesport this week I'd be happy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Drugs Forum right now

Search the Drugs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Active meth lab found in Union City apartment 4 min Caramel sweetie 6
8 arrested on drug charges in Gibson Co. (Jan '10) 1 hr Dopey 27
Pike Couple Arrested for Taking Drugs to Jail 1 hr Yep 2
Gilmore Street raid nets 9 arrests 2 hr noslacker 3
Three St. Lawrence County residents charged wit... 3 hr Riparian 8
Meth bust yields 3 arrests 3 hr Mary 1
benzos 5 hr bars6 3
•••
•••
•••
•••