Gay Journalist Re-visits Matthew Shepard's Murder in Explosive Book

There are 20 comments on the EDGE story from Oct 7, 2013, titled Gay Journalist Re-visits Matthew Shepard's Murder in Explosive Book. In it, EDGE reports that:

The 1998 murder of Matthew Shepard in Laramie, Wyoming stands as a defining moment in American LGBT history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2 Oct 7, 2013
Why did "EDGE" have to give this trash column inches?
Franz

Germany

#3 Oct 7, 2013
Everyone needs to read this book and learn the truth!

“Post-religious”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5 Oct 7, 2013

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#6 Oct 7, 2013
These same excuses have been offered and dredged up repeatedly over the years. This book is by the same guy who keeps dragging it up. They fail to contradict the findings of the trial and the statements of the killers who admit Matt was targeted for robbery because he was gay, and tortured to death for the same reason.

FTA. The author, "Jimenez writes that the "purpose of the book is not to say hate wasn’t involved". Clearly, anti-gay hate was the motivation for the murder.

Nothing excuses this crucifixion.

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#7 Oct 7, 2013
This guy is nothing but an attention seeking hack. Someone needs to strap him to the same fence as Matthew, just for the night, and see how the little, attention seeking queen, likes it!

AOL

#8 Oct 7, 2013
Jerald wrote:
Thanks for that link. Good information.

From the link; "Tim Newcomb, a defense attorney for Henderson, released a statement on September 26 defending the professionalism of law enforcement officials and investigators who ruled out meth as a factor in the murder.

"I have long believed that Aaron McKinney targeted Matthew and justified his horrific savagery because he saw Matthew as being gay," Newcomb said. "I continue to agree with law enforcement and the prosecutors' similar conclusions."

AOL

#10 Oct 7, 2013
Despite this poor attempt discredit the concept of hate crimes, they still happen every day.

"The figures show that homosexuals are 2.4 times more likely to suffer a violent hate crime attack than Jews (8.3 divided by 3.5). In the same way, gays are 2.6 times more likely to be attacked than blacks; 4.4 times more likely than Muslims; 13.8 times more likely than Latinos; and 41.5 times more likely than whites, according to the FBI figures. The basic pattern holds by years as well as across the years.

The bottom line: Homosexuals are far more likely than any other minority group in the United States to be victimized by violent hate crime."

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelli...
Lawrence

Jamaica, NY

#11 Oct 7, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
Despite this poor attempt discredit the concept of hate crimes, they still happen every day.
"The figures show that homosexuals are 2.4 times more likely to suffer a violent hate crime attack than Jews (8.3 divided by 3.5). In the same way, gays are 2.6 times more likely to be attacked than blacks; 4.4 times more likely than Muslims; 13.8 times more likely than Latinos; and 41.5 times more likely than whites, according to the FBI figures. The basic pattern holds by years as well as across the years.
The bottom line: Homosexuals are far more likely than any other minority group in the United States to be victimized by violent hate crime."
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelli...
I would suggest queers stop flaunting their deviance and perversion in public. Keep that crap behind closed doors.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#12 Oct 7, 2013
Lawrence wrote:
<quoted text>
I would sugges....
And what would be your reason to wake up every day? No one cares if you dropped dead. This is your last attempt to gain attention, and feel alive. Enjoy it...rub yourself raw against the keyboard. Stupid troll. I bet you can hardly control yourself in anticipation of an unmonitored holiday weekend. Some retirement plan.

Location hidden

#14 Oct 7, 2013
Franz wrote:
Everyone needs to read this book and learn the truth!
Everyone needs to read the COURT TRANSCRIPTS and learn the truth!

Well ... YOU do.

Location hidden

#15 Oct 7, 2013
Lawrence wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest queers stop flaunting their deviance and perversion in public. Keep that crap behind closed doors.
PROBLEM SOLVED!
You first.

Location hidden

#16 Oct 7, 2013
The Shadow wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo
Read the COURT TRANSCRIPTS and learn the truth!

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#17 Oct 7, 2013
I need post no more on this thread. The unregistered has proven himself, alone, unloved, jealous, in need of attention, and continues to stalk. Some retirement plan.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#19 Oct 7, 2013
fr Franz:

>Everyone needs to read this book and learn the truth!<

There is not one word of "truth" in this rag. Mr. Shepard was lured into a truck, driven out to the outskirts of Laramie Wyoming, where he was tied to a fence, and pistolwhipped into unconsciousness by two homophobic THUGS who also stole his coat and shoes.

He was MURDERED because he was a gay man, and nothing else.
Pierre

Anonymous Proxy

#21 Oct 8, 2013
Lawrence wrote:
<quoted text>
PROBLEM SOLVED!
Well said and 100% spot on!
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#22 Oct 8, 2013
Pattysboi wrote:
fr Franz:
>Everyone needs to read this book and learn the truth!<
There is not one word of "truth" in this rag. Mr. Shepard was lured into a truck, driven out to the outskirts of Laramie Wyoming, where he was tied to a fence, and pistolwhipped into unconsciousness by two homophobic THUGS who also stole his coat and shoes.
He was MURDERED because he was a gay man, and nothing else.
Exactly. Homophobes will believe anything that demonizes gay people.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#23 Oct 8, 2013
Lawrence wrote:
<quoted text>
PROBLEM SOLVED!
So that gives bigots like you the right to assault and murder gays? The "problem" is your hate and ignorance, and your delusional belief that you have the God given right to do anything you please to a human being because he's not like you. YOU are the problem.
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Warrington, PA

#25 Oct 8, 2013
The Shadow wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey queer, your mental illness is showing. STFU
Is that mayonnaise on your lip or are you back at work?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#26 Oct 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the COURT TRANSCRIPTS and learn the truth!
The truth or what was said. They can be very different.
molodye

Corryton, TN

#27 Oct 8, 2013
Lawrence wrote:
PROBLEM SOLVED!
That would would help a lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Huntington Searching for Answers in Heroin Over... 1 hr more plz 9
News Flakka: Naked insanity 1 hr DILF 14
News Region 8 businesses issued citations for drug p... (Aug '10) 10 hr good job JPD 30
News Surry County's most wanted (Aug '08) 16 hr melissabvrly 12
News Gay sex and crystal meth (Jul '08) 17 hr sandman6969 185
News 15 indicted in illegal prescription drug ring i... 19 hr stalk this 2
News Georgia - Drug Sweeps in Glynn & Brantley Counties (Oct '07) Sat cherokee 7
More from around the web