After officer's wake, cops nab drug suspect

Feb 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newsday.com

Two Suffolk police officers were driving back from another officer's wake Wednesday night in Farmingville when they noticed a passing car that was missing a front tire and a headlight.

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 100 of198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Watchman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88
Mar 27, 2010
 
Watchman

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89
Apr 19, 2010
 
Watchman

Westwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90
Apr 28, 2010
 
Justin Mullany, 29, of 20 Bell Ave. in Blue Point, failed a field sobriety test and was charged with driving under the influence of drugs and two counts of seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance after the traffic stop in Oakville. He is scheduled to appear in Southampton Town Justice Court on May 10.

Police said the incident occurred near Exit 64, County Road 104, on Sunrise Highway at about 9:25 p.m. Sunday. Police said that a trooper on routine patrol saw the gray Nissan Altima being driven by Mullany swerve from the left lane onto the right shoulder.

During the stop, police said the trooper also found what they described as "a quantity of pills" under the driver's floor mat.
Watchman

Westwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91
Apr 30, 2010
 
Police said Ellen Fredericks, 42, of 275 Avenue B in Ronkonkoma, was observed in a car in the parking lot of the Hampton Inn in Farmingville just before midnight involved in the deal with two men: Deon Reed, 40, of 2 F Ethan Allen Court, Ridge, and Christopher J. Smith, 30, of 23 Ashton Road, Medford, by Crime Section officers from the Sixth Precinct.

An investigation found packages containing pills and cocaine inside the vehicle, police said. In a nearby vehicle, police said Fredericks had her children — two boys under age 12 and her 19-year-old niece.

Fredericks was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance for possessing suboxone pills, as well as first-degree loitering and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.

Police said the children were released to a family member — and a notification was made to Child Protective Services.

Smith was charged with four counts of seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, while Reed was charged with five counts.
Police said both were in possession of “quantities” of heroin, cocaine, hydrocodone pills and percocet pills.

Fredericks was released on bail and will face arraignment at a later date. Reed and Smith are scheduled for arraignment Friday in First District Court in Central Islip, police said.
Watchman

East Northport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92
Apr 30, 2010
 
Ellen Fredericks, 42, of 275 Avenue B in Ronkonkoma

http://sachem.patch.com/articles/ronkonkoma-w...
Watchman

Teaneck, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#93
May 3, 2010
 
Driver who killed bicyclist was high, tried to flee

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/crime/cops...
Watchman

Westwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95
May 5, 2010
 
Cops: Bohemia Man Stole from Charity

By Patrick Kelton on May 5th, 2010

A 50-year-old Bohemia man was arrested Tuesday on charges of stealing from the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Suffolk County police said.

Representatives from the Make-A-Wish Foundation told police that Robert Skinner was accessing funds from the organization, which grants the wishes of children with life-threatening illnesses, and used the money for his personal gain.

When police arrested Skinner, he was driving a Dodge while high on drugs, investigators said. He also had in his possession what was determined to be a stolen New York State driver’s license, a forged Suffolk County Parks permit and a handicapped parking permit that was not his, police said.

Fifth Squad detectives charged Skinner with grand larceny, criminal possession of a forged instrument, criminal possession of stolen property and driving while ability impaired by drugs.

Skinner will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on Wednesday.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/crime/bohe...
Watchman

Greenlawn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#96
Jun 6, 2010
 
Watchman

Westwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98
Jun 8, 2010
 
10,000 packets of heroin seized in Smithtown drug bust

SMITHTOWN – Suffolk County Police have arrested a Smithtown man and seized approximately 10,000 packets of heroin, more than one kilogram of cocaine, over 100 oxycodone pills and almost one pound of marijuana from his residence.

In response to community complaints of drug activity, police initiated surveillances and observed two men acting suspiciously at the Islandia Shopping Center on November 18.

An investigation revealed that the men were there to conduct a drug transaction.

Christopher Loeb, 22, and Anthony Salerno, 25, were arrested.

A search warrant executed at Salerno’s home at 152 Brooksite Drive in Smithtown resulted in the seizure of $125,000 in cash and drugs. The seized drugs had a street value of $250,000, police said.

Salerno was charged with several drug related charges.

Loeb, of 205 Landing Avenue in Smithtown was charged with loitering and criminal possession of a hypodermic instrument.
end the war

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#99
Jun 8, 2010
 
Watchman wrote:
10,000 packets of heroin seized in Smithtown drug bust
SMITHTOWN – Suffolk County Police have arrested a Smithtown man and seized approximately 10,000 packets of heroin, more than one kilogram of cocaine, over 100 oxycodone pills and almost one pound of marijuana from his residence.
In response to community complaints of drug activity, police initiated surveillances and observed two men acting suspiciously at the Islandia Shopping Center on November 18.
An investigation revealed that the men were there to conduct a drug transaction.
Christopher Loeb, 22, and Anthony Salerno, 25, were arrested.
A search warrant executed at Salerno’s home at 152 Brooksite Drive in Smithtown resulted in the seizure of $125,000 in cash and drugs. The seized drugs had a street value of $250,000, police said.
Salerno was charged with several drug related charges.
Loeb, of 205 Landing Avenue in Smithtown was charged with loitering and criminal possession of a hypodermic instrument.
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

http://www.leap.cc/cms/index.php
end the war

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100
Jun 8, 2010
 
Watchman wrote:
10,000 packets of heroin seized in Smithtown drug bust
SMITHTOWN – Suffolk County Police have arrested a Smithtown man and seized approximately 10,000 packets of heroin, more than one kilogram of cocaine, over 100 oxycodone pills and almost one pound of marijuana from his residence.
In response to community complaints of drug activity, police initiated surveillances and observed two men acting suspiciously at the Islandia Shopping Center on November 18.
An investigation revealed that the men were there to conduct a drug transaction.
Christopher Loeb, 22, and Anthony Salerno, 25, were arrested.
A search warrant executed at Salerno’s home at 152 Brooksite Drive in Smithtown resulted in the seizure of $125,000 in cash and drugs. The seized drugs had a street value of $250,000, police said.
Salerno was charged with several drug related charges.
Loeb, of 205 Landing Avenue in Smithtown was charged with loitering and criminal possession of a hypodermic instrument.
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

http://www.leap.cc/cms/index.php
Watchman

Greenlawn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#101
Jul 31, 2010
 
Federal prosecutors have charged four Long Island men with running a cocaine distribution ring that imported the drug directly from California and sold it throughout Nassau and Suffolk counties, officials said.

The ring had a large enough network to afford buying multiple kilograms of the drug for $300,000 at a time from Latin American wholesale dealers in California, sources familiar with the case said.

Police uncovered the ring when an Illinois state trooper stopped a speeding vehicle with New York plates on Interstate 80 on Wednesday, according to court papers.

PHOTOS: Tracking the heroin problem in Suffolk

VIDEO: A young addict tells his story of recovery

MORE: Read Newsday stories about heroin on Long Island

The trooper who stopped the Toyota Venezia then found that the driver, Byron Odom, 45, of 777 County Line Rd., Amityville, had a suspended license, according to a complaint filed in federal court in Central Islip. A search of Odom's vehicle uncovered 13 kilograms of cocaine in a hidden built-in compartment in the car's trunk.

A subsequent investigation by Suffolk County detectives and agents of the federal Drug Enforcement Administration led to the arrest of the other three men. In addition to the kilos of cocaine, law enforcement officers also seized more than 100 grams of crack, an ounce of "black tar" heroin, almost $20,000 in cash, two handguns, and two vehicles with traps used to hide drugs, according to officials.

Officials said the probe into the suppliers was continuing. Sources familiar with the case said it was "unusual" for a relatively small, locally based ring to regularly have enough cash to purchase cocaine directly from a wholesaler across the country.

The other three suspects were identified in court records as Robert Blount, 41, of 20 Royal Court Rd., Roosevelt; Athrondre Dennard, 34, of 243 Columbus Ave., North Babylon; and Shaun Ross, 35, of 38 Crowell St., Hempstead.

All four pleaded not guilty at arraignment late Friday in U.S. District Court in Central Islip to charges of conspiracy to distribute cocaine. Magistrate Kathleen Tomlinson held them without bail.

If convicted the four face 10 years to life in prison.

“ Fighting a corrupt system”

Since: Aug 08

Centereach,NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#102
Jul 31, 2010
 
Watchman wrote:
Federal prosecutors have charged four Long Island men with running a cocaine distribution ring that imported the drug directly from California and sold it throughout Nassau and Suffolk counties, officials said.
The ring had a large enough network to afford buying multiple kilograms of the drug for $300,000 at a time from Latin American wholesale dealers in California, sources familiar with the case said.
Police uncovered the ring when an Illinois state trooper stopped a speeding vehicle with New York plates on Interstate 80 on Wednesday, according to court papers.
PHOTOS: Tracking the heroin problem in Suffolk
VIDEO: A young addict tells his story of recovery
MORE: Read Newsday stories about heroin on Long Island
The trooper who stopped the Toyota Venezia then found that the driver, Byron Odom, 45, of 777 County Line Rd., Amityville, had a suspended license, according to a complaint filed in federal court in Central Islip. A search of Odom's vehicle uncovered 13 kilograms of cocaine in a hidden built-in compartment in the car's trunk.
A subsequent investigation by Suffolk County detectives and agents of the federal Drug Enforcement Administration led to the arrest of the other three men. In addition to the kilos of cocaine, law enforcement officers also seized more than 100 grams of crack, an ounce of "black tar" heroin, almost $20,000 in cash, two handguns, and two vehicles with traps used to hide drugs, according to officials.
Officials said the probe into the suppliers was continuing. Sources familiar with the case said it was "unusual" for a relatively small, locally based ring to regularly have enough cash to purchase cocaine directly from a wholesaler across the country.
The other three suspects were identified in court records as Robert Blount, 41, of 20 Royal Court Rd., Roosevelt; Athrondre Dennard, 34, of 243 Columbus Ave., North Babylon; and Shaun Ross, 35, of 38 Crowell St., Hempstead.
All four pleaded not guilty at arraignment late Friday in U.S. District Court in Central Islip to charges of conspiracy to distribute cocaine. Magistrate Kathleen Tomlinson held them without bail.
If convicted the four face 10 years to life in prison.
So what, there's already someone else taking his place with drugs and guns loaded as cargo in work vans.
SCPD

Greenlawn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103
Jul 31, 2010
 
Uncle Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>So what, there's already someone else taking his place with drugs and guns loaded as cargo in work vans.
That is what makes the game so much fun.
PeteF

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104
Aug 1, 2010
 
Uncle Jess, how about the contact number I can get you at. U back in NY, right?

“ Fighting a corrupt system”

Since: Aug 08

Centereach,NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#105
Aug 1, 2010
 
PeteF wrote:
Uncle Jess, how about the contact number I can get you at. U back in NY, right?
five one six, three five one, eighty two eleven

“ Fighting a corrupt system”

Since: Aug 08

Centereach,NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
Aug 1, 2010
 
SCPD wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what makes the game so much fun.
You guys are lucky I'm retired, My crime planning supersedes all police intelligence. have fun out there.
THINK_people

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107
Aug 4, 2010
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Watchman wrote:
Local Drug Dealer...See Facebook Page
Justin DelGiudice
Holtsville, NY
Phone Number available by request.
first things first, that's certainly not a crime that is serious enough to go defaming this poor woman on the internet. kids drink at 15 in europe, so stop taking this already puritanical law to the level of public inquisition.

secondly, we don't need a 'watchman.' you don't understand media law and you could be severely punished for libel or defamation for putting these names and addresses out there -- particularly if the person hasn't been convicted yet. i hope one of these cases is thrown out due to lack of evidence and this very thing happens to you.

you may be infallible, but maybe one day a loved one of yours will run into trouble, deal drugs, get caught and find that it's now impossible to get a job and some wannabe with too much free time is putting them and their families in danger by posting their addresses. you're a moron. go get a real job.
George

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#108
Aug 4, 2010
 
THINK_people wrote:
<quoted text>
first things first, that's certainly not a crime that is serious enough to go defaming this poor woman on the internet. kids drink at 15 in europe, so stop taking this already puritanical law to the level of public inquisition.
secondly, we don't need a 'watchman.' you don't understand media law and you could be severely punished for libel or defamation for putting these names and addresses out there -- particularly if the person hasn't been convicted yet. i hope one of these cases is thrown out due to lack of evidence and this very thing happens to you.
you may be infallible, but maybe one day a loved one of yours will run into trouble, deal drugs, get caught and find that it's now impossible to get a job and some wannabe with too much free time is putting them and their families in danger by posting their addresses. you're a moron. go get a real job.
He's only saying that they got arrested: the same thing which the court filings, police report and Newsday all said.
Watchman

Westwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#109
Aug 5, 2010
 
Cops: Dad tried to hide heroin, needle near kids in car

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/crime/cops...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••