Chronic Pain Ranks Well Below Drug Addiction as a Major Health...

Apr 9, 2013 Full story: WebWire

A new national public opinion poll commissioned by Research!America shows only 18% of respondents believe chronic pain is a major health problem, even though a majority of Americans say they know someone who experienced pain so severe that they sought prescription medicines to treat it.

Full Story
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Pennington, NJ

#1 Apr 9, 2013
Once again americans show themselves as stupid with a total lack of compassion for legitimate pain patients. It is amazing how many have been taken in by the 'pain pill epidemic' propaganda that is eerily similar to the reefer madness of the 1930's! What a nation of bluenosed busybodies!
Maryjane B

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Apr 17, 2013
It is hard to put yourself in the shoes of someone who is in pain because it is often subjective. Well it is true that people can be addicted to pain medications because who would want to experience pain if there is a way to stop it. However, continuous use of pain medications will increase the body's tolerance to the medication and the person may need to have a higher dose just to experience a short amount of pain relief. That is why most people who have hip problems shared at the depuypinnaclelawsuit. com that they underwent hip surgery just to escape the pain.

Since: Apr 13

Milton, MA

#3 Apr 17, 2013
It's true that we humans get tolerant to medications, requiring higher dosages for the same relief. The good thing is that there are alot of different medications and it's easy to switch from one to another as tolerance/dosages become an issue. This does not help the illicit drug users, and I really don't care that it doesn't. That's not saying I wish those users would seek treatment to get out from the stranglehold substance abuse has on their lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two arraigned in I-91 heroin bust 2 hr Esther 3
Drug roundup in Raleigh Co. nets 28 arrests 3 hr In three dollar bill 1
Police Arrest Rapper Bobby Shmurda, 14 Others o... 4 hr big chimpin 1
Serbian Criminals Hit Headlines Across Globe (May '11) 5 hr juegoskizi 34
Brazil: Evangelical lawmakers worry gay activists 5 hr jogos friv 2 4
2 states challenge Colorado marijuana legalization 6 hr Dr Wu 2
Middletown Police Handcuff 10-Year Old Girl Dur... 8 hr I call cops Pigs 1
More from around the web