LSU baseball signee Dylan Williams ar...

LSU baseball signee Dylan Williams arrested on drug, gun charges: report

There are 20 comments on the NOLA.com story from Jul 27, 2013, titled LSU baseball signee Dylan Williams arrested on drug, gun charges: report. In it, NOLA.com reports that:

LSU baseball signee Dylan Williams was one of seven men arrested on drug trafficking and gun charges Tuesday during a drug raid on a Georgia home, The Yahoo! Sports blog website Prep Rally reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NOLA.com.

concernedcitazen

Rome, GA

#2 Jul 28, 2013
why is it that just because someone changes the "slang" term used for a street drug the drug task force deems it a "new drug" when in fact it is the same chemical make up ecstasy,MDMA,molly, or whatever else you want to call that crap? It is the same drug it has been since the sixties it's nothing new and as a matter of fact. If I can find this information about this "so called" New Drug in about 3.5 minutes on Google, why is it that the drug task force is acting as if they have stumbled upon a new discovery? Is it just to make a good story? or is it lack of knowledge about the war we are fighting against drugs?
booger

Cartersville, GA

#3 Jul 28, 2013
The drug task force, Maten or whatever his name is, was saying it is a new form of ecstacy. I got the impression molly is like ecstacy but with some minor differences. But I don't know exactly what the difference is. All I know is, it's illegal. And a whole bunch of people are f.king up their entire future because of it. Dylan, was it worth it?
Bolger

Rome, GA

#4 Jul 28, 2013
booger wrote:
The drug task force, Maten or whatever his name is, was saying it is a new form of ecstacy. I got the impression molly is like ecstacy but with some minor differences. But I don't know exactly what the difference is. All I know is, it's illegal. And a whole bunch of people are f.king up their entire future because of it. Dylan, was it worth it?
DYLAN was not dealing drugs!!!
Go pick ya damn nose Booger!
run tell dat

Duluth, GA

#5 Jul 28, 2013
Hey Booger, if he's exonerated are you man or woman enough to stand up and admit that you're wrong? Wondering if you're a straight shooter or an opinionated coward?

Molly is not a new drug at all. I mean I get that Cartersville just got indoor plumbing and cable last year but where in the hell have y'all been? Scary Podunk.
run tell dat

Duluth, GA

#6 Jul 28, 2013
Anyone heard of a kid named Donavan Tate? Molly is what he has been in and out of rehab for his entire career. Most recently a two month stint for "Molly".
Info

Rome, GA

#7 Jul 29, 2013
Dylan innocent
Dustin innocent
Sam innocent
Brandon innocent
They are not guilty of the charges made against them!
Willingham- I cannot say the same, but I will say he put these boys in a very bad position. These boys had no clue what was going on. People are too quick to judge & you do not know the entire story.
This could happen to your family!
You need to wait & listen to the story & then pass your judgment!!!
The news & social media does not tell everything! They want what makes a story.
Innocent until proven guilty & praying the judicial system does the right thing for all of the boys.
you loser

Cartersville, GA

#8 Jul 29, 2013
Info wrote:
Dylan innocent
Dustin innocent
Sam innocent
Brandon innocent
They are not guilty of the charges made against them!
Willingham- I cannot say the same, but I will say he put these boys in a very bad position. These boys had no clue what was going on. People are too quick to judge & you do not know the entire story.
This could happen to your family!
You need to wait & listen to the story & then pass your judgment!!!
The news & social media does not tell everything! They want what makes a story.
Innocent until proven guilty & praying the judicial system does the right thing for all of the boys.
Wait.. you say all these people are innocent, then you say this could happen to your family. That makes no sense. Just like way back when that Seth Wade loser was arrested for receiving stolen property or dealing drugs or whatever it was, his sorry daddy came on here screaming "you only know half the story" and "don't believe everything you read in the news." LOL He was guilty.

We waited and we heard the story. Guilty!

I can understand you are terrified your son is probably going to lose his scholarship and maybe go to Prison, but coming on here LYING about his involvement is only going to make it worse for him.

Teach your son to keep saying the old "I don't know how that joint got in my shirt pocket" excuse. hahaha
Guilty

United States

#9 Jul 29, 2013
you loser wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait.. you say all these people are innocent, then you say this could happen to your family. That makes no sense. Just like way back when that Seth Wade loser was arrested for receiving stolen property or dealing drugs or whatever it was, his sorry daddy came on here screaming "you only know half the story" and "don't believe everything you read in the news." LOL He was guilty.
We waited and we heard the story. Guilty!
I can understand you are terrified your son is probably going to lose his scholarship and maybe go to Prison, but coming on here LYING about his involvement is only going to make it worse for him.
Teach your son to keep saying the old "I don't know how that joint got in my shirt pocket" excuse. hahaha
ha good shit huh these guys was athletes so they are automatically supposed to be innocent bc all athletes don't do drugs. I say put there asses in the pin with the big dogs and let them show them what (Molly) will do to them,more like what bubba will do to them lmao
Guilty

United States

#10 Jul 29, 2013
Info wrote:
Dylan innocent
Dustin innocent
Sam innocent
Brandon innocent
They are not guilty of the charges made against them!
Willingham- I cannot say the same, but I will say he put these boys in a very bad position. These boys had no clue what was going on. People are too quick to judge & you do not know the entire story.
This could happen to your family!
You need to wait & listen to the story & then pass your judgment!!!
The news & social media does not tell everything! They want what makes a story.
Innocent until proven guilty & praying the judicial system does the right thing for all of the boys.
And for you this is prob one of your children, look back on how you raised them and all the other fucked up shit that u know he has done but still prob dont want to admit it let go of his hand and stop trying to clean up a mess that's not gunna help you or him. Just look forward to them letters he will start sending once he is locked up. Oh and a phone call that says his name before you except it lmao
booger

Cartersville, GA

#11 Jul 30, 2013
Guilty wrote:
<quoted text> And for you this is prob one of your children, look back on how you raised them and all the other fucked up shit that u know he has done but still prob dont want to admit it let go of his hand and stop trying to clean up a mess that's not gunna help you or him. Just look forward to them letters he will start sending once he is locked up. Oh and a phone call that says his name before you except it lmao
Excellent post. She's one of those people who demanded he get a trophy at every game. Coddled the little spoiled brat, this is what he turned into.

At some point in his life someone needed to wear his little spoiled ass out with a belt, then use it on her for allowing him to do as he pleased.
Know the facts

Chattanooga, TN

#12 Jul 30, 2013
Article in US Today explains it well. If you don't know all the facts, please don't judge them yet. Looks like the teens are innocent after all! I understand that the media doesn't always portray stories correctly or fairly. I also understand that some people get a kick out of assuming certain families are guilty. But please realize that most of these involved were just innocent teens playing X-Box when the house was raided. I really don't think they were involved. They just happened to be hanging out playing games when it all went down. Why would anyone want a kid with a bright future have his life ruined when there really is not evidence to support the claims? If they are guilty, then they deserve what they get; but it doesn't look like the teens were. Quit condemning the poor teens just because you are a miserable mean-spirited person that just wants to see the kids pay. Put the blame where it actually belongs! There do seem to be some guilty parties in the matter-it just doesn't seem to be any of the teens!

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2598151
Buzzword

Rome, GA

#13 Jul 30, 2013
If they were all innocent, they would not have been there when it all went down. They had the choice to walk away at any time, and didn't. And Mama, why is it that you did not know where your *child* was and *what he was doing* or *who he was with?* These are adults now, and should be able to just say no, pick up their phone and call for a ride, or start walking home.
Buzzword

Rome, GA

#14 Jul 30, 2013
Were any of those arrested, drug tested?

I read the article. And I also agree the wrong place/wrong time defense is usually BS. On every campus at every school, it is usually well known, who has the drugs, how to get them, and where the party house is, even if you don't do the drugs or drink the alcohol.

Part of growing up is making the right choices in who you hang out with, and where you are at any point in time.
booger

Cartersville, GA

#15 Jul 30, 2013
Buzzword wrote:
If they were all innocent, they would not have been there when it all went down. They had the choice to walk away at any time, and didn't. And Mama, why is it that you did not know where your *child* was and *what he was doing* or *who he was with?* These are adults now, and should be able to just say no, pick up their phone and call for a ride, or start walking home.
Every one of them knew about the drugs. You don't hang out with people and not know about something like this. Teenagers can't keep their mouth shut and they would tell anyone who would listen.

Good post, Buzzword.

The reason for the bust was, Christopher Willingham had sold dope to an undercover agent a few weeks prior. That's the reason they got a warrant to search the house.
inspector gadget

Cartersville, GA

#16 Jul 30, 2013
Know the facts wrote:
Article in US Today explains it well. If you don't know all the facts, please don't judge them yet. Looks like the teens are innocent after all! I understand that the media doesn't always portray stories correctly or fairly. I also understand that some people get a kick out of assuming certain families are guilty. But please realize that most of these involved were just innocent teens playing X-Box when the house was raided. I really don't think they were involved. They just happened to be hanging out playing games when it all went down. Why would anyone want a kid with a bright future have his life ruined when there really is not evidence to support the claims? If they are guilty, then they deserve what they get; but it doesn't look like the teens were. Quit condemning the poor teens just because you are a miserable mean-spirited person that just wants to see the kids pay. Put the blame where it actually belongs! There do seem to be some guilty parties in the matter-it just doesn't seem to be any of the teens!

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2598151
That article by no means is flattering to your child. LSU is holding hope because dad and coach have told a certain story. Just like the police said, they don't hold people on wrong place, wrong time.
Buzzword

Rome, GA

#17 Jul 30, 2013
LSU is covering their ARSE
Mila

Cartersville, GA

#18 Jul 30, 2013
What is there to cover? I wouldn't think they owe him anything.
Cass alumni

Atlanta, GA

#19 Jul 30, 2013
I went to school with all arrested. Sam used to smoke and sell pot at school, brandon was a potted and everyone knew, the others, I don't know.
Cass alumni

Atlanta, GA

#20 Jul 30, 2013
Know the facts wrote:
Article in US Today explains it well. If you don't know all the facts, please don't judge them yet. Looks like the teens are innocent after all! I understand that the media doesn't always portray stories correctly or fairly. I also understand that some people get a kick out of assuming certain families are guilty. But please realize that most of these involved were just innocent teens playing X-Box when the house was raided. I really don't think they were involved. They just happened to be hanging out playing games when it all went down. Why would anyone want a kid with a bright future have his life ruined when there really is not evidence to support the claims? If they are guilty, then they deserve what they get; but it doesn't look like the teens were. Quit condemning the poor teens just because you are a miserable mean-spirited person that just wants to see the kids pay. Put the blame where it actually belongs! There do seem to be some guilty parties in the matter-it just doesn't seem to be any of the teens!
http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2598151
How is there not evidence if they seized marijuana and molly FROM THE RESIDENCE?
Stupid

Rome, GA

#21 Aug 6, 2013
Cass alumni wrote:
I went to school with all arrested. Sam used to smoke and sell pot at school, brandon was a potted and everyone knew, the others, I don't know.
So? If you know this & didn't report it your guilty by association! You deserve to go to prison too!

How many kids/adults hear of things & don't report it? Because, they don't want to be a nark? They don't want to be involved? In some cases they don't want to get their asses kick or even killed for telling?

Some people know things, but look the other way because they are scared or don't want to get involved. They don't deserve prison time for being afraid!

SAMs father works at that school so I seriously doubt he sold pot! Get a life!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton proposes $7.5 billion U.S. fund to figh... 19 min Le Jimbo 11
News Carlsbad woman gets 3 years for trafficking drugs 11 hr Psalm Tree 13
News Erie man faces drug charges following traffic a... 15 hr sly Guy 007 5
News Man once cleared of murder back in prison (Jun '09) 15 hr Joe McGillicuddy 55
News Clinton and Christie push drug-addiction fight 18 hr Le Jimbo 2
News Owner of York County pipe/tobacco lounge arrest... (Nov '13) 22 hr Martin garey 11
News Meth lab found in Canton Tue Mirror mirror 4
More from around the web