Feds: Priest arrested for selling meth

Jan 16, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Connecticut Post

A prominent priest who served as pastor of St. Augustine's Cathedral parish in Bridgeport and was a close aide to then-Bishop Edward Egan was indicted on charges he was part of a drug ring that conspired to sell methamphetamine.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
BPT

North Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

wow
st augustine's is located in the middle of" crack central" on washington ave. who would of thought this?
i guess he thought his occupation would be a good cover. i NEVER would have suspected a priest. gota give the cops credit.
Nulli Secundus

Monroe, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

double-wow: a 'priest story' that doesn't (directly) involve little kids!

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

BPT wrote:
wow
st augustine's is located in the middle of" crack central" on washington ave. who would of thought this?
i guess he thought his occupation would be a good cover. i NEVER would have suspected a priest. gota give the cops credit.
Are you kidding or being serious? They are virtually all gay and they party hard- and meth apparently goes hand in hand with that. Meth is associated with gays. I knew some gay guys who were telling me all about it, and they named father donovan and father fay, both of whom were later outed, found to be abusing church money, had substance abuse problems, messed around with the choir boys, and were excommunicated. And believe me, I am not against religion or the catholic church, but it has been totally invaded by gay men. They are virtually all gay, and they don't belong there.
BPT

North Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding or being serious? They are virtually all gay and they party hard- and meth apparently goes hand in hand with that. Meth is associated with gays. I knew some gay guys who were telling me all about it, and they named father donovan and father fay, both of whom were later outed, found to be abusing church money, had substance abuse problems, messed around with the choir boys, and were excommunicated. And believe me, I am not against religion or the catholic church, but it has been totally invaded by gay men. They are virtually all gay, and they don't belong there.
i was not kidding, i never thought of a priest selling drugs!!??!!
as far as being gay, i could care less if a person is gay or not, live and let live as far as i'm concerned. what a person does with their own time is their own business. but to pollute the community that you live in, esp. as a man of the cloth, can't say i've heard of that and i've been around the block.

“'never'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

BPT wrote:
<quoted text>i was not kidding, i never thought of a priest selling drugs!!??!!
as far as being gay, i could care less if a person is gay or not, live and let live as far as i'm concerned. what a person does with their own time is their own business. but to pollute the community that you live in, esp. as a man of the cloth, can't say i've heard of that and i've been around the block.
But to be a gay priest is as wrong as it gets. The church is against it(whether or not that is enlightened) and these guys have little old ladies living on SS donating their tiny allowances to the church. And you know what these priests do with that money? Give some of it to the church and they have big gay parties with debauchery with the rest. You want to be gay, fine. You want to do it as a priest, not ok.
I have known for a long time what these guys are up to so it was not a surprise to me. I used to live directly across the street from a crazy gay partying priest in Fairfield and I saw some of it firsthand. And the parties were people with other gay priests from all over connecticut.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

I am in deep shock. I just read the above story in the newspaper, and watching the news on Channel 12. I attended that church for over 20 years as a usher. I remember the summer that he graduated from school and was appointed to this church and the Monsignor at the time was madly in love with him. From day one, most of us knew that both were gay. I never knew any priests being drug users or drug dealers. Not all priests are gay, Citizen. One young priest out of school got a 14 girl pregnancy and Bishop Edward Egan refused to have him arrested, and the Scum Bag left the church and the state. I also had lived at 114 Washington Ave. in Bridgeport and there was a lot of drug dealing to this very day.
Wallin is a very sick man and will died in jail, then go straight to HELL.

“'never'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Ok, it's true that not all priests are gay. But nearly all of them are- I've been posting that for a long time, and I stand by it. I guarantee that all the priests who were his friends are gay as well. I have no problem with gay men in general, but the Catholic church is the wrong place to be for them. Yet the church is completely, overwhelmingly infested with these guys.

Many of these guys do not even try to hide what complete and utter scumbags they are. I lived across the street with father William Donovan of the Holy Family Church in Fairfield. I had a few run-ins with him. He was such a total azzh0le jerk it was stunning how blind most people were to his ways. He was dripping with gayness, completely hostile, a 7 time drunk driver, stealing money, humping choirboys kinda guy. He got his.
AVA-AVA-AVA

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

WOW. Priests are Gay? I could care less as long as it is with consenting adults. The meth is just plain wrong!

“'never'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

AVA-AVA-AVA wrote:
WOW. Priests are Gay? I could care less as long as it is with consenting adults. The meth is just plain wrong!
What about the fact that they represent themselves to the congregations as being celibate? What about the little old ladies who give tithing on that basis? What about the fact that they take various oaths to be ordained, and only then are given a cushy job, living off the parishioners? I think its way wrong. And it really is these guys who will wind up destroying the catholic church.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

I agree with my friend, Citizen, priests should be celibate for life. Read: #6. Thank you.

“'never'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, the gays I used to know in bridgeport used to say the church was unreasonable to demand celibacy, but I always say if you don't like that rule, then don't become a priest. Is that so hard to comprehend?
AVA-AVA-AVA

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the fact that they represent themselves to the congregations as being celibate? What about the little old ladies who give tithing on that basis? What about the fact that they take various oaths to be ordained, and only then are given a cushy job, living off the parishioners? I think its way wrong. And it really is these guys who will wind up destroying the catholic church.
I Think priests should be allowed to marry.It is just plain strange to expect a man or woman to be celibate for life My comment was just for anyone to be gay I agree with you about the lies they are telling their followers,

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

I agree with Ava, priests, nuns, brothers should be allow to get marry but not to the same sex.

“'never'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

AVA-AVA-AVA wrote:
<quoted text>I Think priests should be allowed to marry.It is just plain strange to expect a man or woman to be celibate for life My comment was just for anyone to be gay I agree with you about the lies they are telling their followers,
Yeah, I agree at this point the Catholic church ought to allow priests to marry. If they don't allow it, they truly risk the decline and marginalization of the church. I used to think the church should always maintain Catholicism the same traditional way it has been through the ages, but I guess there have been times in history when the church changed direction. So maybe they can do it again.

I have heard that divinity school is so overrun with gays that straights are ostracized and run out.

So they found 'weird sex toys' in the rectory, and the guy was known to cross-dress and have similar guys there.... smoking meth...... can you just IMAGINE the weird sh!t that went on there??!?!? OMFG

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Don't even think about it, Citizen.

“'never'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
Don't even think about it, Citizen.
I won't, because I would need psychiatric intervention. But I will say that priest is the best thing that ever happened to topix! Went to Bishops last night, my friends were joking about it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Citizen
Did you get any diseases from the ladies sating on you lap?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••