Horizon Air tries to fire pot-puffing pilot

Apr 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KOMO News

Horizon Air had what the airline contends was an open-and-shut case for firing pilot Brian Milam - a failed drug test and an admission that he was regularly smoking marijuana.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Pennington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

As long as he wasn't smoking while flying I see no problem.
brad wickham

Nederland, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

ignorant. that is what the american public is with regard to marijuana and it's affects. what he does on his own time is his business...
Legalize it

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

I personally don't see much difference between pot and alcohol use off the clock. Give the man a break and change these stupid drug laws.
Bob

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Airline pilots,surgeons,Explosive ordnance disposal technicians,train conductors,flight controllers are just a few of the ones that should refrain from smoking pot in the interest of public safety.Life saving decisions are made by these people in seconds and a slight delay could cost the lives of hundreds of people.Its only common sense that they should not smoke pot.
sandcrab

Kokomo, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

talk about getting high....I know for sure I won't be flying anytime soon.
sandcrab

Kokomo, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

they're right, as long as he wasn't smoking while flying leave him alone!
alan

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

You people musty be crazy.....the pilot failed a drug test!

What he does on his own time is his own business except that if he comes to work when he is still feeling the effects of the stuff....I bet none of you would want to take a chance and fly with the guy!

A holes all of you
James Daniels

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

If he is a long time user and because he knows traces are in his body.. then he is more than likely to be even more focused on his pre flight check list and is less likly to be distracked during his duties as a pilot. He has plan A,B,& C embedded in his brain, he double and tripple checks everything and concentraits on the task at hand more than a pilot that steps into a plane that takes things for granted.
I'd fly with him anytime and feel safe and I don't even like to fly.. as long as he doesn't smoke on the job.. I see nothing wrong with it. These draconian attitudes one day will end as reality comes home to Roost!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Drugs Forum right now

Search the Drugs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Four Arrested In Drug Bust (May '10) 25 min louis 53
Henderson Man Arrested for Drug Trafficking 41 min MVan 58
Bath County fire leads police to hundreds of ma... 53 min Lowell 6
Smugglers welcome tighter borders (Apr '06) 1 hr church goer 13
Jackson's secrets explained in Autopsy: The Las... 3 hr Pop Tart- 144
Police: Natchez woman provided drugs to juvenil... 3 hr Sam 8
Tip Leads To Bust Of Hawthorne Elderly Couple 4 hr Charles Cuzick 1
•••
•••