Mount Juliet Fires Officer Accused Of Choking Man

Full story: NewsChannel5.com Nashville

A police officer accused choking a man during a traffic stop is out of a job tonight.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 37 of37
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
justwonderingout loud

Denton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

john wrote:
Everyone of you druggies complianing about this officer need to shut your mouths. How about you go out there and do something to make your community safer like this man did. They should be giving him a medal not charging him with a crime. We are fighting a WAR on drugs in this country and all your complaining is tantamount to not supporting our troops in a time of WAR. Sometimes in war mistakes will be made and there will be collateral damage, but the sacrificing of a few civil liberities will have been worth it when we eventually live in a drug free world.
Thank you officer for your service, ignore these bleeding heart liberal druggies.
You have lost your mind if you think I'm a liberial druggie. you need to check out a few of my posts.
USAAOK

Morgantown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

john wrote:
Everyone of you druggies complianing about this officer need to shut your mouths. How about you go out there and do something to make your community safer like this man did. They should be giving him a medal not charging him with a crime. We are fighting a WAR on drugs in this country and all your complaining is tantamount to not supporting our troops in a time of WAR. Sometimes in war mistakes will be made and there will be collateral damage, but the sacrificing of a few civil liberities will have been worth it when we eventually live in a drug free world.
Thank you officer for your service, ignore these bleeding heart liberal druggies.
I agree. First we throw out border patrol agents in jail for doing their jobs, now we are putting our local cops in jail too. Who would ever want to become a law enforcement officer knowing that every move you make will be second quessed by some liberal in a suit somewhere?????

Keep your head up officer and thanks for your sacrafice.
justwonderingout loud

Venus, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

USAAOK wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. First we throw out border patrol agents in jail for doing their jobs, now we are putting our local cops in jail too. Who would ever want to become a law enforcement officer knowing that every move you make will be second quessed by some liberal in a suit somewhere?????
Keep your head up officer and thanks for your sacrafice.
Funny how you and jon have the same opinion, type in the same style, use the same verbage, and an ISP address in he same small town.

You did the same thing in another post, and was caught there too.

Just share your opinion, be straight up about it, and quit being silly.
usaaok

Morgantown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

justwonderingoutloud wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you and jon have the same opinion, type in the same style, use the same verbage, and an ISP address in he same small town.
You did the same thing in another post, and was caught there too.
Just share your opinion, be straight up about it, and quit being silly.
Why don't you go smoke some more dope and leave the grownups alone.
justwonderingout loud

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

usaaok wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you go smoke some more dope and leave the grownups alone.
Little big man is still fired.

Little big man will never be a cop again.

Little big man is still charged with crimes.

Say what you will moron, it still goes down like it needs to.
CHASITY

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Personally I very much appreciate the job officers do. Officer John Music who was run over by a woman and killed in the line of duty was a very close friend of the family. So I do know they put their lives on the line everyday. BUT, Cosby was in the wrong. You can go through and look this case over, watch the freakin video and plainly see that James had nothing in his mouth! He opened his mouth and stuck out his tongue.The officer then grabbed him and choked him. Then Cosby made out a false policce report. James passed a blood test showing no sign of drugs in his system. If you don't see what Cosby did as being wrong then you obviously didn't pay attention or are close with him.
concerned tennesean

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2008

If every one that left a comment on this forum would stop and think that the news media only showed about a 30 second clip of this incident. You did not see what led up to the point at which cpl Cosby felt that this person had dope in his mouth and had to act. I do not belive that anyone is to decide that cosby did do wrong except the jury that will have all the facts and not just 30 seconds of news footage. And for the mnpd officer who made a statement about this techniuqe not being taught to officers is dead wrong. It is called a vascular restraint and may have only been done incorrectly due to lack of training. Some people may have not got the entire story before leaving a comment but I feel that everyone who just watched the news did not either!

“Here We Go Again!!”

Since: Aug 08

Nashvegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2008

concerned tennesean wrote:
If every one that left a comment on this forum would stop and think that the news media only showed about a 30 second clip of this incident. You did not see what led up to the point at which cpl Cosby felt that this person had dope in his mouth and had to act. I do not belive that anyone is to decide that cosby did do wrong except the jury that will have all the facts and not just 30 seconds of news footage. And for the mnpd officer who made a statement about this techniuqe not being taught to officers is dead wrong. It is called a vascular restraint and may have only been done incorrectly due to lack of training. Some people may have not got the entire story before leaving a comment but I feel that everyone who just watched the news did not either!
The thirty second news clip was enough to show, once again, that Cosby was abusing his "authority". He went as far as to falsify his report of the incident. Again, this was not the first time Cosby's tachtics have come into question. He had previously cost Wilson County tax payer hundreds of thousands of dollars. Since you seem to be in support of Cosbt, then I am sure you will feel safe and unintimidated if the punk ever pulls you over.
justwonderingout loud

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2008

concerned tennesean wrote:

You have lost your little predjuiced mind if you think ANYBODY is going to train people to do a "VASCULAR HOLD". Inducing a mini-stroke does not cause you to throw up anything you swallowd! Where the hell are you people getting your anatomy and physiology info from?!

I agree with everything that Volsman said...Plus too many cops have come out to condem this jerk. He has ZERO buisness being a cop, should have not been one after his first run ins, and thankfully, will never be one again.

You may actually be little big man. I hope so, cause if you are then you need to know that you are a punk. The community hates you, and has labled you a joke, but you/he already knew that about yourself/himself didn't you/he?

The Mt. Juliet Strangler! The Cosby Smackdown! I'll bet you/he actually like that. Well we won't have to worry about community bada5s little bigman anymore! And the jail time...Well thats just gravy!
concerned tennesean

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

justwonderingoutloud wrote:
<quoted text>
You have lost your little predjuiced mind if you think ANYBODY is going to train people to do a "VASCULAR HOLD". Inducing a mini-stroke does not cause you to throw up anything you swallowd! Where the hell are you people getting your anatomy and physiology info from?!
I agree with everything that Volsman said...Plus too many cops have come out to condem this jerk. He has ZERO buisness being a cop, should have not been one after his first run ins, and thankfully, will never be one again.
You may actually be little big man. I hope so, cause if you are then you need to know that you are a punk. The community hates you, and has labled you a joke, but you/he already knew that about yourself/himself didn't you/he?
The Mt. Juliet Strangler! The Cosby Smackdown! I'll bet you/he actually like that. Well we won't have to worry about community bada5s little bigman anymore! And the jail time...Well thats just gravy!
No I am not cosby I was just trying to give another view to the situation. What I ment in my comment about the vascular hold is it was not preformed correctly. This hold is not designed to choke an individual but merely to hold the adams apple in place so you cannot swallow. So yes this means it will not work on a girl and is not to make you throw up anything. But I do wonder what will happen to your sanity if cosby is found innocent by the jury just because you seem so fixated on the demise of a man that has served his country not only on the streets of mt. Juliet but in the national gaurd as well. If cosby trully did wrong the jury will do their job but if not then I hope you are able to change your opinion a little bit.
curious

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

does anyone know who was Ben Corning lawyer?
curious

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

cosby is nothing but a dam smart ass and just acop that has abused his authurty to do toto peoplewhat he won,t to.him and his bosses all need to go to the pen for 25 dam years see how they like beeing intementated and beat on he must have mistreated animals when he was young some one will pay him back soon but it won,t be quicker nuff short prick basterd.inbarest all cops.
jabberjaw

Westmoreland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

john your not living in the same world as the rest of us are,but good luck in your's
curious

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

what is your world roll over and die people like youis why they get a way with shit it called ball less.
POLICEMAN

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

curious wrote:
cosby is nothing but a dam smart ass and just acop that has abused his authurty to do toto peoplewhat he won,t to.him and his bosses all need to go to the pen for 25 dam years see how they like beeing intementated and beat on he must have mistreated animals when he was young some one will pay him back soon but it won,t be quicker nuff short prick basterd.inbarest all cops.
You must be somone that Cosby arrested you seem angry and definitely hatred is coming from you so you had to have an encounter with him or maybe another officer of the law and if you have this much trouble going on in your mind probably the men in the white coats will have to take you away. WHAT INSTIUTION WOULD YOU PREFER?
HS Teacher w clean record

Apo, AE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Unlike communist China or the Islamic Dictatorship of Iran, or Nazi Germany, or Fascist Italy, citizens of America have certain inalienable rights. Many men died defending those rights.
This man is WORSE than the criminals that he arrested. This is not what Thomas Jefferson and George Washington had in mind when they dreamed of America. They would have had this man hung in public. This man is a facist pig. This is why people hate 'cops'. This is why so many Americans do not trust their government. THIS MAN is the problem with America. He should never be allowed to work in any type of law enforcement or security again. And this was over some marijuana??? Give me a break..

FOR ANYONE WHO HAS A OUNCE OF FEELING FOR THIS NAPOLEON COMPLEXED MONSTER, BILL "TENNESSEE STRANGLER" CROSBY, READ BELOW:

Here are some facts about Billy the kid Cosby:
Before joining the Mt. Juliet force, Cosby worked for the Lebanon Police Department where he was suspended on two separate occasions.
In 2003, Cosby was part of a traffic stop involving Ben Corning of Mt. Juliet.
Cosby was accused of beating Corning with a night stick. The Lebanon Police Department settled with Corning, for $250,000.
Corning passed away in August 2007.
In 2005, an arrest Cosby made for a DUI case was thrown out in court. Dash-cam video showed a different story than the report Cosby wrote.
Cosby arrested Mt. Juliet High School baseball coach Mark Purvis for DUI, but the video from that arrest shows Purvis was not intoxicated.
A judge ruled the stop was illegal.

Cosby was working for the Lebanon Police Department in May 2001 when he tried to pull over Gwen Vaden for having a headlight out.

Vaden didn't stop her vehicle and instead went home.

According to his police report, Cosby "kicked the door open," and in his own words "dragged" her out.

Pictures show that Vaden's lip was nearly torn off during the incident. Attorney Martin Holmes represented her in a civil suit.

"Her front door was busted open, her bedroom door. She was beaten and dragged out of the house by Officer Cosby and other Lebanon police officers," said Holmes.

Cosby's report said she was hurt when she "fell face-first on the road." However, Vaden said she was slammed down onto the concrete.

She said she then felt knees in her side and in the back of her head. She then sued the city of Lebanon.

"That case was resolved (settled out of court,)" said Holmes.
me too

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

He pulled me over and knew better than start his shit with me because why you ask i'll tell ya why because im the baddest man on this planet so....FTP!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 37 of37
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Drugs Forum right now

Search the Drugs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Border guards arrest 21-year-old carrying 4 kg ... 23 min 5 euro Maria 6
Gettysburg college students testify in Philadel... 57 min Kingpin 6
Jackson's secrets explained in Autopsy: The Las... 2 hr goodvibrations 164
Don't surrender in War on Drugs (Jan '11) 6 hr War on Drugs is LOST 8
Narcotics unit nets multiple arrests (Mar '10) 7 hr derek 5
2 arrests in Douglas County clear up thefts in ... (Aug '13) 8 hr june 10
Schlosser pleads guilty (Nov '09) 8 hr grave digger 33
•••
•••