Mount Juliet Fires Officer Accused Of...

Mount Juliet Fires Officer Accused Of Choking Man

There are 37 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Sep 17, 2008, titled Mount Juliet Fires Officer Accused Of Choking Man. In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

A police officer accused choking a man during a traffic stop is out of a job tonight.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Catherine

Murfreesboro, TN

#1 Sep 17, 2008
While everyone seems to be focusing on the officers abuse of force technique, has anyone remembered that this man BROKE THE LAW???? What a pity we ask people, both men and women to do a job, then .......... about the manner they go about it. Come on folks, please.
Jeff

Hermitage, TN

#2 Sep 17, 2008
What?! Justice in small town America? Good ol' boys reprimanding their own? Unbelieveable! There's got to be a catch...
Jeff

Hermitage, TN

#3 Sep 17, 2008
Well, let me fill you in:
I once spoke with a Metro officer who said to me "Well we don't take the liberties we used to. We used to rough the guy up; you know, maybe even pop 'im in the elevator on the way to booking. Can't do that anymore..." He's now a federal employee.
Sorry, but that's a violation of civil rights, no matter if the guy broke the law or not. Even if he HAD marihuana in his mouth what would he have done with it if he'd been put in the patrol car?
It's a good ole boy network out there Catherine. There are proper ways... then there are good ole boy ways.
Gom Jabbar

Hermitage, TN

#4 Sep 17, 2008
FOR ANYONE WHO HAS A OUNCE OF FEELING FOR THIS DEVIL, READ BELOW:

Here are some facts about Billy the kid Cosby:
Before joining the Mt. Juliet force, Cosby worked for the Lebanon Police Department where he was suspended on two separate occasions.
In 2003, Cosby was part of a traffic stop involving Ben Corning of Mt. Juliet.
Cosby was accused of beating Corning with a night stick. The Lebanon Police Department settled with Corning, for $250,000.
Corning passed away in August 2007.
In 2005, an arrest Cosby made for a DUI case was thrown out in court. Dash-cam video showed a different story than the report Cosby wrote.
Cosby arrested Mt. Juliet High School baseball coach Mark Purvis for DUI, but the video from that arrest shows Purvis was not intoxicated.
A judge ruled the stop was illegal.

Cosby was working for the Lebanon Police Department in May 2001 when he tried to pull over Gwen Vaden for having a headlight out.

Vaden didn't stop her vehicle and instead went home.

According to his police report, Cosby "kicked the door open," and in his own words "dragged" her out.

Pictures show that Vaden's lip was nearly torn off during the incident. Attorney Martin Holmes represented her in a civil suit.

"Her front door was busted open, her bedroom door. She was beaten and dragged out of the house by Officer Cosby and other Lebanon police officers," said Holmes.

Cosby's report said she was hurt when she "fell face-first on the road." However, Vaden said she was slammed down onto the concrete.

She said she then felt knees in her side and in the back of her head. She then sued the city of Lebanon.

"That case was resolved (settled out of court,)" said Holmes.
justwonderingout loud

United States

#5 Sep 17, 2008
Catherine wrote:
While everyone seems to be focusing on the officers abuse of force technique, has anyone remembered that this man BROKE THE LAW???? What a pity we ask people, both men and women to do a job, then .......... about the manner they go about it. Come on folks, please.
JUST EXACTLY HAT LAW DID THE DUDE BREAK?

He was booked on a resisting charge, but as we've found out, that was a lie from little big man Cosby. so what other law did dude break?

There are crimes commited, on tape, by little big man.

See ya little big man. The world is a better place with you working behind the counter at Subway.

It'll be nice to see how much the city has to pay because you thought you were hired to be a community bada55.

If you did that crap to me, I'd still be beating your a55!
justwonderingout loud

United States

#6 Sep 17, 2008
He's not a cop anymore. Aners should find him and beat the crap out of him!
lakerfan

Nashville, TN

#7 Sep 17, 2008
I'm glad they axed him. I've heard the same stories that Gom Jabbar is referring to. All Cosby did is abuse his power and make it harder for other officers, the ones who actually do a good job, to get any respect at all.
Sara

Dadeville, AL

#8 Sep 17, 2008
I say leave him alone, he had a job to do and he did it.. maybe the drug addict should have gotten help that way he would not have had any drugs on him and the incident could have been avoided, or better yet just give up the drugs instead of trying to swallow them.
justwonderingout loud

United States

#9 Sep 17, 2008
Sara wrote:
I say leave him alone, he had a job to do and he did it.. maybe the drug addict should have gotten help that way he would not have had any drugs on him and the incident could have been avoided, or better yet just give up the drugs instead of trying to swallow them.
Read the article brainiac, it didn't say the guy had drugs on him.

He tested negative for drugs.

He was arrested for resisting arrest, a lie proved by the cops own dashcam.

Little big man has a verifieable history of abusing his so called authority.

He did have a job to do, he didn't do it.

Now he can ask "On what kind of bread" at Subway.

Maybe you should try to know more about a subject before you throw your 2 cents in and come out looking like a dummy
hangemhigh

Hendersonville, TN

#10 Sep 17, 2008
Sara wrote:
If you want to voice an opinion, why don't you actually get some facts to work with instead of making yourself look like a complete idiot by posting that ridiculous bunch of crap.
a)nobody said he was an addict.
b)he did NOT have any drugs on him or in his car.
c)he tested NEGATIVE for drugs, meaning he couldn't have swallowed them.
d)the officer clearly assaulted him
e)the officer filed a false report stating that Anders resisted arrest and has been charged and indicted for that crime.
Sara

Dadeville, AL

#11 Sep 18, 2008
the dude got what he deserved leave the cop alone people.
justwonderingout loud

United States

#12 Sep 18, 2008
Sara wrote:
Nope, we will not leave him alone.

We hope that he finds out about his popularity on this forum and comes and reads every word.

We hope that he finds out what the community thinks about him.

Buh-bye little big man! Don't drop the soap, inmates think that bullies with a badge are sexy!
CHASITY

Birmingham, AL

#13 Sep 18, 2008
Catherine wrote:
No, come on Catherine. It states he didn't have any marijuana on him. In which officer Cosby filed a false police report and said he did. Please tell me how hw broke the law? He didn't even have drugs in his system after a blood test! I'm not trying to take sides but facts are facts!
CHASITY

Birmingham, AL

#14 Sep 18, 2008
Sara wrote:
PLEASE READ THE STORY BEFORE POSTING THINGS THAT YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT!! You must be a friend of Cosbys.I know you couldn't of read the story and still post ridiculous things like this. Maybe if it was happening to you or someone close to you, you would pay attention to the facts.
justwonderingout loud

United States

#15 Sep 18, 2008
CHASITY wrote:
<quoted text>
PLEASE READ THE STORY BEFORE POSTING THINGS THAT YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT!! You must be a friend of Cosbys.I know you couldn't of read the story and still post ridiculous things like this. Maybe if it was happening to you or someone close to you, you would pay attention to the facts.
You tell her Chasity!!!
People are getting tired of me doing it!
MNPD Cop

Nashville, TN

#16 Sep 18, 2008
I'm a cop and I'm telling you Sara, the cop was WRONG!!! Why take up for this guy? What he did was so shady and not necessary at all. This is not a procedure that is ever taught to police and I can't understand why he did this. He should have been fired, and I'm glad they did it.
john

Morgantown, WV

#17 Sep 19, 2008
Everyone of you druggies complianing about this officer need to shut your mouths. How about you go out there and do something to make your community safer like this man did. They should be giving him a medal not charging him with a crime. We are fighting a WAR on drugs in this country and all your complaining is tantamount to not supporting our troops in a time of WAR. Sometimes in war mistakes will be made and there will be collateral damage, but the sacrificing of a few civil liberities will have been worth it when we eventually live in a drug free world.

Thank you officer for your service, ignore these bleeding heart liberal druggies.

“Here We Go Again!!”

Since: Aug 08

Nashvegas

#18 Sep 19, 2008
john wrote:
Everyone of you druggies complianing about this officer need to shut your mouths. How about you go out there and do something to make your community safer like this man did. They should be giving him a medal not charging him with a crime. We are fighting a WAR on drugs in this country and all your complaining is tantamount to not supporting our troops in a time of WAR. Sometimes in war mistakes will be made and there will be collateral damage, but the sacrificing of a few civil liberities will have been worth it when we eventually live in a drug free world.
Thank you officer for your service, ignore these bleeding heart liberal druggies.
John, are you suffering from shell-shock? So, Officer Cosby was involved in a war on drugs and got fired. Before this war,he was in a war against burned out tail lights, beat a woman that had her tail light out and got fired for it. I'm sorry, I thought Cosby was just a thug in uniform. Thanks to your post, I see he was actually a warrior. I'm sorry Officer Cosby, you are a good guy after all!!
hangemhigh

Hendersonville, TN

#19 Sep 19, 2008
john wrote:
Come on. Tell everyone on here the truth. You didn't bother to read the history of this case or you aren't intelligent enough to see the obvious, which makes you as bad as the bada$$ gestapo-styled cop that choked the guy out.
I sure hope you are not in a position of authority over ANYONE else.
mike

Winter Springs, FL

#20 Sep 19, 2008
sara, your an idiot, i know james personally and he is not a drug addict. i saw whole video at his house soon after it happened before all this came out and it was tough to watch. this ex cop deserves jail time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman caught with 47 heroin balloons in her bod... (May '11) 2 hr Haha 30
News Massena police chief: Drug dealers will keeping... 8 hr Ccm 5
News Ukiah police and fire log: Saturday, Aug. 29, 2015 11 hr Here Is One 1
News Former boxer is convicted of drug charges (Nov '06) 12 hr RCushenb 60
News Carlsbad woman gets 3 years for trafficking drugs 23 hr Carlsbad 6
News Sanctuary cities must be ended Sat Cat74 9
News 17 arrests target 'Outlaws' (Nov '07) Sat kilbynation 51
More from around the web