How heroin abuse has become epidemic

How heroin abuse has become epidemic

There are 6 comments on the Philly.com story from Nov 7, 2013, titled How heroin abuse has become epidemic. In it, Philly.com reports that:

Heroin-related overdoses jumped nearly 250 percent between 2010 and 2012 in Philadelphia, depending on how they are measured, and slightly more in Montgomery County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Philly.com.

Blue215

Tallahassee, FL

#1 Nov 7, 2013
People can't get oxy like they used to so they switched to the cheaper more Readily available option. Aka heroin
blueguy2013

Elizabeth, NJ

#2 Nov 9, 2013
its because heroin rocks
WImom

Sheboygan, WI

#3 Nov 10, 2013
I agree with Blue215. I have been a CCP patient for a little over a year now. I had back surgery and lung surgery and was treated like it was no big deal and Tylenol should take care of the pain or something.

I was recently released from my pain clinic because I filed a complaint against one of the doctors there who yelled at me. I didn't even know he was a doctor.

However, I find it funny that the heroine problem has increased since the crackdown on pain killers. The American society is all about keep going until you fall over. We are low for the amount of sick days and vacation days allowed at work compared to similar countries. Our employers work us until there is nothing left. I think that is the biggest factor is the pain killer problem. Employers work their employees to death. I can't count the number of people I have met recently who are working 60+ hours a week, because the companies don't want to hire anyone else. We are expected to do more and more at our jobs with less pay and no help. So it is no wonder that people's bodies start to break down. We need to take a look at more factors before we judge why the heroine usage is up. Those people who are broken down from working themselves to the point where they can't move are the same people who wind up in pain clinics and cannot' receive proper treatment anymore. Or the doctors over medicate right away prescribing every painkiller out there at once to keep the narcotic meds lower. Then the patient who is in constant pain, can no longer work, and has lost everything is left to sit and suffer. So why not turn to a street drug that is very easy to get these days and treats pain??

There are so many additional factors and cannot just be blamed on prescription drug use. You need to look into WHY people needed narcotic pain medication in the first place....car accident, work related, post op pain, injury, etc. I would love it if someone actually looked into more factors relating to this.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#4 Nov 11, 2013
Blue215 wrote:
People can't get oxy like they used to so they switched to the cheaper more Readily available option. Aka heroin
That was/is the plan !!
Looking

United States

#5 Nov 13, 2013
Can u help me out? Looking..

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#7 Nov 13, 2013
Where is the help?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heroin bust nabs city man 1 hr Clickboom 4
News Jindal signs marijuana bill 4 hr LeDuped 2
News Musician convicted in drug case (Nov '09) 10 hr huj 16
News Poplar Bluff woman arrested on drug charges 13 hr A friend Indeed 3
News Police charge Raleigh man with heroin trafficki... (Apr '13) 22 hr Alyssa 4
News Teen to be tried as an adult for fatal hotel sh... (Jun '08) Sun jan johnson 2
News Two men charged with robbing marijuana from thi... (May '12) Sun Ferrari 9
More from around the web